Jews for Jesus Forums

Full Version: A Rigged Game
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(02-17-2012, 11:55 AM)Avraham Wrote: [ -> ]Mar 6:5 And he could there do no mighty work, save that he laid his hands upon a few sick folk, and healed [them].

Jesus in that skeptical circle was unable to do his customary miracles. Why? Because the "Game is Rigged". Every time he had an opportunity to reveal himself to the world, as who you claim he was, he fails miserably. why is that?

Avraham
Thus says the Lord,
The Redeemer of Israel, their Holy One,
To Him whom man despises,
To Him whom the nation abhors,
To the Servant of rulers:
“Kings shall see and arise,
Princes also shall worship,
Because of the Lord who is faithful,
The Holy One of Israel;
And He has chosen You.”

In transgressing and lying against the Lord,
And departing from our God,
Speaking oppression and revolt,
Conceiving and uttering from the heart words of falsehood.
Justice is turned back,
And righteousness stands afar off;
For truth is fallen in the street,
And equity cannot enter.
So truth fails,
And he who departs from evil makes himself a prey.
Then the Lord saw it, and it displeased Him
That there was no justice.
He saw that there was no man,
And wondered that there was no intercessor;
Therefore His own arm brought salvation for Him;
And His own righteousness, it sustained Him.
Yawn,

Avraham
(02-17-2012, 05:28 PM)Avraham Wrote: [ -> ]None of that has a single thing to do with Jesus failing miserably to perform miracles for good purposes. He didn't mind changing water into wine.

Your response is utterly irrelevant.

Avraham
I think David spoke of men like you , and those with lack of faith and unbelief;
Psalm 78:22For all this they sinned still, and believed not for his wondrous works.
41Yea, they turned back and tempted G-D, and limited the Holy One of Israel.
Yawn,

Avraham

(02-18-2012, 11:32 PM)Avraham Wrote: [ -> ]Yawn,

Avraham
Still sleeping , one day soon you will awake my friend, and know what I have said is the truth, and I am your friend. You see, a true friend tells you what is true, and not what you want to hear because what a friend gives does not seek reward in return.
Have a good sleep

(02-18-2012, 11:32 PM)Avraham Wrote: [ -> ]Yawn,

Avraham
לְפַהֵק , there is only one reference in Psalm 5;
Give ear to my words, O Lord,
Consider my meditation.
2 Give heed to the voice of my cry,
My King and my G-D,
For to You I will pray.
3 My voice You shall hear in the morning, O Lord;
In the morning I will direct it to You,
And I will look up.
4 For You are not a G-D who takes pleasure in wickedness,
Nor shall evil dwell with You.
5 The" boastful" shall not stand in Your sight;
You hate all workers of iniquity.
6 You shall destroy those who speak falsehood;
The Lord abhors the bloodthirsty and deceitful man.
7 But as for me, I will come into Your house in the multitude of Your mercy;
In fear of You I will worship toward Your holy temple.
8 Lead me, O Lord, in Your righteousness because of my enemies;
Make Your way straight before my face.
9 For there is no faithfulness in their mouth;
Their inward part is destruction;
Their throat is an open tomb;
They flatter with their tongue.
10 Pronounce them guilty, O God!
Let them fall by their own counsels;
Cast them out in the multitude of their transgressions,
For they have rebelled against You.
11 But let all those rejoice who put their trust in You;
Let them ever shout for joy, because You defend them;
Let those also who love Your name
Be joyful in You.
12 For You, O Lord, will bless the righteous;
With favor You will surround him as with a shield.
Mar 8:12 And he sighed deeply in his spirit, and saith, Why doth this generation seek after a sign? verily I say unto you, There shall no sign be given unto this generation.

This is very important. They are simply asking for proof of his ability to perform miracles, surely it is not unreasonable to ask for a "sign"? There is no record of any impoliteness in their request.

The answer, "There will be no sign given to this generation" is both baffling and untrue. How w about all the "miracles" he supposedly has already performed? And when his disciples doubt him he has to remind them of the miracles he has already performed.

This is poorly written fiction at best.

Avraham
(02-19-2012, 07:53 AM)Avraham Wrote: [ -> ]Mar 8:12 And he sighed deeply in his spirit, and saith, Why doth this generation seek after a sign? verily I say unto you, There shall no sign be given unto this generation.

This is very important. They are simply asking for proof of his ability to perform miracles, surely it is not unreasonable to ask for a "sign"? There is no record of any impoliteness in their request.

The answer, "There will be no sign given to this generation" is both baffling and untrue. How w about all the "miracles" he supposedly has already performed? And when his disciples doubt him he has to remind them of the miracles he has already performed.

This is poorly written fiction at best.

Avraham
How would you describe in these passages ; the thousands who "fell in one day," the masses who were killed by snakes, and the others who were "destroyed of the destroyer"? These weren't Moabites, Canaanite s, Philistines or any of the other heathen surrounding Israel. these were believers - people of G-D's own choosing!

These people had witnessed incredible miracles. They'd been fed spiritual food by supernatural means. They'd drunk spiritual water from a rock . They were well taught and well taken care of. Yet, many of these same people were consumed by G-D's Wrath and destroyed by serpents.

These Israelites, so provoked G-D, He "overthrew" them in the wilderness. The Hebrew word used here means, "He cast them out of his hand, scattering them to the ground like so much dust."

So what does this mean? It was the Lord telling Israel, "I will not accept this from you! If you were innocent - if you weren't well educated, or hadn't received spiritual food from my hand, or hadn't seen evidence of My Glory - then I would deal with you. But in spite of my many blessings to you, you've chosen lusts and idols. So, now I'm going to scatter you. I'm casting you out of my hands completely!"

So you ask; Why would the Lord deal so brashly with his own people after they'd benefited so fully from him?

According to scripture, I believe 23,000 of them died as a result of their fornication and idolatry. And others were destroyed because of their murmuring and complaining. Finally, still others were killed by venomous snake bites. What did this last group do to warrant their deaths? They tempted G-D!

Can you understand why G-D would deal severely with fornicators, idolaters and murmurers. But you ask , what about this particular sin of tempting Yeshua. What does it mean to; "tempt the Lord"?

In Exodus 17. The Israelites had just experienced the miracle of manna - a white wafer containing all the nutrition they needed to sustain them. This "small, round thing" appeared on the ground in their midst every day. The people didn't earn or merit this supernatural food; the Lord fed it to them by his grace alone. All they had to do was gather it up.

But now they had no water. They had come to a place called Marah, where the water was too bitter to drink. Once again they were in a crisis, facing yet another test. G-D had met their hunger, but not their thirst!

Immediately, the people began chaffing their leader, Moses. They accused him of being a heartless liar who had led them into the wilderness to destroy them. They even spoke of stoning him.

The Israelites Didn't Know it - but They Were Being Tested!

Just as his people did under the Old Covenant, we feast on his manna, which is his word. We drink of the same Rock, which is Christ. And we enjoy better promises and a better covenant. We've been delivered out of bondage, having crossed our own Red Sea. And we've watched as G-D has destroyed the satanic powers that once held us.

Yet, like Israel, we also doubt G-D, murmuring and complaining against him, in spite of all his blessings to us. We turn to idols and lusts. And we tempt him, just as the Israelites did. In short, many Christians as well have not learned our lessons.

Jesus did not bring a different G-D , but the same G-D as Sinai .You speak almost the very same words to Jesus that the Israelites had spoken to Moses, and even the people of the day, even His own disciples spoke them as well after seeing all the miracles He performed: " ...they tempted the Lord, saying, Is the Lord among us, or not?" (Exodus 17:7)

Thanks for sharing another likened unto Moses that Jesus fulfilled of Deuteronomy 18:18,19
Jesus Lives!
"Can you understand why G-D"

But I don't understand your inability to answer a simple question without going into an irrelevant sermon.

"This is very important. They are simply asking for proof of his ability to perform miracles, surely it is not unreasonable to ask for a "sign"? There is no record of any impoliteness in their request.

The answer, "There will be no sign given to this generation" is both baffling and untrue. How w about all the "miracles" he supposedly has already performed? And when his disciples doubt him he has to remind them of the miracles he has already performed. "

Avraham
(02-19-2012, 01:21 PM)Avraham Wrote: [ -> ]"Can you understand why G-D"

But I don't understand your inability to answer a simple question without going into an irrelevant sermon.

"This is very important. They are simply asking for proof of his ability to perform miracles, surely it is not unreasonable to ask for a "sign"? There is no record of any impoliteness in their request.

The answer, "There will be no sign given to this generation" is both baffling and untrue. How w about all the "miracles" he supposedly has already performed? And when his disciples doubt him he has to remind them of the miracles he has already performed. "

Avraham
I'll respond later,I don't mean to be short, as my wife is down at the moment, and we have several workers on the House/property, but read this, it might help, Thanks Avraham, I really appreciate your input! ;

http://www.enduringword.com/commentaries/4016.htm

"There will be no sign given to this generation"

I don't want to read commentaries. I can find you ten that disagree with that one. Written by Christian, whatever that means, scholars. I want to know what you think.

Mar 8:24 And he looked up, and said, I see men as trees, walking.

Mar 8:25 After that he put [his] hands again upon his eyes, and made him look up: and he was restored, and saw every man clearly.

Because he does a "sign" after all but not in front of his questioners. What a bunch of malarkey. It's a "Rigged Game".

Avraham