Bible Options Bible Study Software
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do you know Saturday is Sabbath?
Here is my question: How to prove Saturday is sabbath?
I believe Saturday is Sabbath, I was raised this way. I know in Exodus God started time over when Israel left Egypt and as far as I know Israel has kept time.  Now does anyone have other proof?
This is a good question and I know Gd is merciful and loving and will understand when a doctor has an emergency or there are circumstances beyond our control etc. I know its very important to keep the Sabbath holy and for the past year I have put forth much effort to do so. I have the same question. Is Saturday the true sabbath and if it is could I acknowledge it on Sunday instead since that is when my faith goes to church? I just told my daughter yesterday that I dont want to get too legalistic with my faith but at the same time dont want to dismiss something that Gd deems very relevent as having no consequences.
I remind myself not to go off the deep end but to do my best and give the rest to Gd.
kish80 Wrote:Here is my question: How to prove Saturday is sabbath?
I believe Saturday is Sabbath, I was raised this way. I know in Exodus God started time over when Israel left Egypt and as far as I know Israel has kept time.

What more proof do you need?
Rabbi Yisroel ben Avrohom Wrote:
I believe Saturday is Sabbath, I was raised this way. I know in Exodus God started time over when Israel left Egypt and as far as I know Israel has kept time.

Can you elaborate on this more Yisroel?
Neotetro Wrote:
Rabbi Yisroel ben Avrohom Wrote:

Can you elaborate on this more Yisroel?

Since just after the Exodus, when God gave the Jews the Sabbath Laws, they have been keeping the Sabbath on Saturday. Since the Sabbath was specially for the Jews, surely you must look to how the Jews observe it for proof as to on what day it falls.
http://www.gotquestions.org/Sabbath-keeping.html

This how i believe.
Herc Wrote:http://www.gotquestions.org/Sabbath-keeping.html

This how i believe.
I keep friday eveing to sun down Saturday. I dont work or watch tv and try to concentrate on God for the day, I do bible studies etc..

I was just thinking would driving a car be consider wrong. I know Jesus taught to do good on the sabbath. And the sabbath is made for the man and not the man for the sabbath.

Also I have heard and do not believe that God change the sabbath to Sunday. I dont think we should believe a lie. And I have heard and dont believe That Christ fullfilled the sabbath as though we do not to have to keep it. I think Christ fullfilled by healing and doing good works etc..

Any more insight on the matter?
I believe Saturday is Sabbath, I was raised this way. I know in Exodus God started time over when Israel left Egypt and as far as I know Israel has kept time.  Now does anyone have other proof?

On the first day, God began creating the earth; and on the seventh, God rested. The seventh day of the week is Saturday, at least on the Hebrew (Jewish) and Gregorian (Roman) calendars. Meanwhile, on the Spanish and Hispanic calendars, Sunday is the seventh day. So whether one observes Shabbat on Saturday or Sunday is a matter of the heart (See Romans 14.).
I only use the NKJV and the Complete Jewish Bible versions unless I can't find or don't have them.
kish80 Wrote:

This how i believe.
I keep friday eveing to sun down Saturday. I dont work or watch tv and try to concentrate on God for the day, I do bible studies etc..

I was just thinking would driving a car be consider wrong. I know Jesus taught to do good on the sabbath. And the sabbath is made for the man and not the man for the sabbath.

Also I have heard and do not believe that God change the sabbath to Sunday. I dont think we should believe a lie. And I have heard and dont believe That Christ fullfilled the sabbath as though we do not to have to keep it. I think Christ fullfilled by healing and doing good works etc..

Read acts 15 and what Jesus said to be like and this is what we are under.
Truth is simple not an option to be Told but a must for all  understanding.
kish80 Wrote:

This how i believe.

driving a car being wrong? your geting into oral Torah rabbinical tradition it seems like.

Some things to note paul said we are not under the regulations or the commands of the Old testament.

This means we are not under the whole of it.

Paul also taught that one made by hold  another day to be alike and to him there nothing wrong with that.

paul also mentions sabbath to be a shadow of The Christ a shadow of The cross.

Truth is simple not an option to be Told but a must for all  understanding.