Bible Options Bible Study Software
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is the meaning of the unknown word (et)“את” in Gen 1:1
I would like some information about the meaning of (et)“את” in Gen1:1.
Is (et)“את” speaking about Yeshua who is named Aleph and Tav in Revelation.Rev22:13,Rev21:6,Rev1:17,18.

This unknown word (et)“את” in Gen1:1 has no English translation ?
How ever ,i have noticed it throughout the old testament and am quite curious about it.

Because i did read in Deuteronomy 6:5 And thou shalt love (תאà) the LORD (YHWH) thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might.

In this verse the Aleph and the Tav are pointing to YHWH .

Also there is the use of the Aleph and Tav in Zechariah 12:10

Zechariah 12:10 "And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications: and they shall look upon (תאà) me whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him, as one mourneth for his only son, and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for his firstborn."

What or who is it and what is it telling us?

Is the unknown word (et)“את” in Gen 1:1 showing us Yeshua as the Aleph and Tav(The living Word) found within the Old Testament ?
And through him all things (both in the heavens and on earth) are created Col1:16.

And so in seeing the Aleph and the Tav we remember Yeshua is the living word.

Because in John 5:46 Yeshua said "For if you believed Moses, you would believe Me; for he wrote about Me.(the Aleph and Tav תא)

Genesis 1:1

In the beginning בְּרֵאשִׁ֖ית
created בָּרָ֣א

God אֱלֹהִ֑ים
(unknown word) אֵ֥ת

the heavens הַשָּׁמַ֖יִם
(unknown word) וְאֵ֥ת

the earth הָאָֽרֶץ