Bible Options Bible Study Software
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
slave vs. servant
Who is more motivated? A servant who loves and knows his master, or the servant who is paid well and does not know his master?

Can works save you, in addition to faith?

If you feel like you have to work (that is slavery), that is not faith.

Why would I want to work for someone I do not know?

Does it matter who has more motivation?

It seems that the more important matter to consider is where the person's motivation comes from and what type of motivation is it..

It depends on what you are motivated to do and for what reason...

Did Paul become a Christian because He had murdered and didn't want to go to Hell, or did He really believe the ones He killed did not deserve to die and He needed forgiveness? I think both.

Paul the apostle loved the Lord with all his heart, soul, mind and strength, because of Christ's mercy and grace, and the fact Christ Jesus died for him.

I ask the forgiveness of the participants of this forum for my prideful posts, I will be more careful from this day forward, to recognize I am not the only one who trusts in the Lord Jesus and that I am part of a body of believers that want to honor Him.
In the words of tradition, the Jewish people were taken from a life of avdei pharoah (slaves to pharoah), into a new life of avdei Adonai (servants of the Lord). G_d broke pharoah's hold over the Israelites in order to claim them as His own people.

pg. 62 Christ in the Feast of Penetecost
D. Brickner  R. Robinson
I think paul becamea christian of because the Direct contact Jesus gave him on the road.

if this of never happen would paul be a christian?
sugarman Wrote:I think paul becamea christian of because the Direct contact Jesus gave him on the road.

if this of never happen would paul be a christian?

Who of us knows? What happened, happened.
YHVH, Y'shua and later the Holy Spirit bestowed Grace in such a measure, Saul had to respond in Faith. Saul of Tarsus was making a prey of the early church, wrecking havoc, according to his own testimony.
The religious establishment's attempt to put G_d out of reach of the common man proved futile. G_d's son arrived at a time, just like Esther and Mordecai. Y'shua brought judgement to the world.

Isa.59
[15] Yea, truth faileth; and he that departeth from evil maketh himself a prey: and the LORD saw it, and it displeased him that there was no judgment.

Shalom
This thread is more for reflection than debate. I believe you made some good points.

No need to answer your questions since there obviously rhetorical.

Why should you be asking for forgiveness?
Cause I want to own this thread! :eek: