Bible Options Bible Study Software
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Friday, December 21, 2012
Huh? Chad...I have NO clue what you are even talking about. LOL But don't explain, it'll just confuse me. I'm learning what I need to (the essentials) right now.
Quote:Honestly, Ripley's, can you read?

Yes, I can.

Let me state clearly that just like in the 1980's when all the planets aligned on one side of the sun and catastrophy was supposed to happen (earthquakes and tsunamis, volcanoes, etc, like we had never seen), and just like Y2K when everything was supposed to collapse due to programming issues and the new millenium, I will place no fear/respect/significance in 2012, much less the exact date of Dec 21st...it will come and go, as every other earthly "fear" has. Precisely because it is an exact date, like so many before it.

The Mayans were pagans who offered children for sacrifice. They bound people and cut their beating hearts out while living for sacrifice. So, yeah, maybe they were onto something YoY...something DECEITIFUL.
Ripley's Wrote:
Quote:Honestly, Ripley's, can you read?

Yes, I can.

Let me state clearly that just like in the 1980's when all the planets aligned on one side of the sun and catastrophy was supposed to happen (earthquakes and tsunamis, volcanoes, etc, like we had never seen), and just like Y2K when everything was supposed to collapse due to programming issues and the new millenium, I will place no fear/respect/significance in 2012, much less the exact date of Dec 21st...

You obviously can't read what I said; because if you could, you would know that I said, "'I never said the day or hour of the Rapture or Tribulation, but of the flight of the Jewish people.' Also, Romans 1:19-21 could imply that even the pagan Mayans were on to something."
YoY~
Quote:You obviously can't read what I said

I read what you said, and I am going on record as saying that ABSOLUTELY NOTHING OF ANY SIGNIFICANCE IS GOING TO HAPPEN ON THAT DAY, OR YEAR, THAT WILL RELATE TO ANY "REVELATION" TO THE MAYANS.

I'm digging a trench around an altar....someone bring the firehose, please.
To Ripleys-

It seems like we have had this conversation before.  I am saying 2012 is just one thing pointing at a large number of Bible verses that have to do with fire from heaven and Plieadies and Venus.

It would be backwards to try to defend 2012 by it self.  So, some of these verse could explain difficult end time things.  

Think of it this way, even if the Mayans didn't discover it, there still is a strange thing anyone might observe about the paths of Venus and Plieadies.  They are synchronized.

If fire from heaven destroyed the Aztecs then maybe the Mayans figured out it had to do with Plieadies and Venus, kind of like the Wise men who knew Jesus was born.  WE don't accept their world view, but their observations of nature may be valuble just like a biologists observations we just beleive creation instead and not evolution.

I don't believe in invisible return of Jesus, somehow that came out wrong.
To Ripleys- Luke 17 says something about it will be as in the days of Lot.

Did Lot know the day and the hour?

The angel said today get out in Genesis 19:15ff.  The angel said get out today, get out now!

So in other words, they didn't know back then, but don't be too dogmatic about God telling angels and people right before it happens because God might want to save your life.

Mayans knew the earth as we know it would end, fitting 2 Peter 3:10 and others and that it would end by fire.  Not all pagans realize that.

So if the Mayans are wrong about the exact date it wouldn't be them it would be use because we have either short or long count way to interpret it so even if it is right we don't know the exact day or hour it could be one of two.

The apples of gold on a silver platter in Proverbs 25:11 makes me think of the famous silver plates painted by Da Vinci in the Last Super.  Gold apples means stars in Messier 45 exploding.  And silver plate means atmosphere green housed like Venus keeping earth a steady temperature.

David the Prince is given Venus the morning star by Jesus Rev 2:28, in other words earth gets green house effect like Venus?
Chad~
Quote:WE don't accept their world view, but their observations of nature may be valuble just like a biologists observations we just beleive creation instead and not evolution.

This is beyond their "looking/understanding at the stars/planets"...this is about the end of that calendar as being a God-given sign to us that that will be the end (of something). The prophetic calendar of the Mayans.

You know that *I* have even posted scientific things here that are speculated by scientists, and I would post things discovered by ancient cultures. BUT NOT AS A *SIGN* FROM GOD. That's the difference.

We live in a cursed universe, stars are "born" and "die", without being necessarily a "sign from God" about any specific event. We have been told the signs to look for. And He only revealed prophecies to/through One People, and they weren't the Mayans.

YoY~ notice that the verse says "they are without excuse", not "WE are without excuse"...the Egyptians were one of the most advanced civilizations on earth, yet NOWHERE do I see ANYONE telling Israel, or followers of Yeshua, to follow ANYTHING Egypt had to offer. Nor Babylonians, nor Romans...all advanced civilizations.

You know, I sincerely love you guys, and it's not for the sake of arguing that I say these things. I have a bunch of unbelieving friends who will believe anything EXCEPT God's Word. Oh yeah, Mayans? Sure! Nostradamus? You bet! That Archbishop who (supposedly) listed the Popes? Uh huh!! But not God's word.

Three extra-biblical "things" that (supposedly) predict our end is coming. Well, big deal, Satan knows the end is coming...why not just make people doubt the veracity of God's Word and look to foreign "ways" of divination, instead of the True and Living God? "Did God really say....?" "Didn't Jesus say...."? Be very careful, my brothers/sisters. Jesus warned us of false prophets, too.

And THAT is why I stand firm that God will show us the truth of HIS WORD ALONE, and absolutely NOTHING will happen in 2012 of gigantic proportions.

So, all I can say to you is "we'll see"...  
Predicting the "end of the world" is nothing new. It has been going on for centuries.

The funny thing is, every time the "the day of destruction passes",  they have no choice but to find "the next available date".

I would venture to say that someday, someone will be right. It's just that everyone else was wrong.

If enough people try to "predict" something, eventually someone will be right.

Just don't count on "predictions".

That's not what Hashem wants us to do.
To Ripleys-I am not comfortable with you saying absolutely nothing will happen in 2012 because the Biblical emphis is to be ready at any time.

If you knew for sure it was Dec 21, 2012, then you could say for sure all the days before that were definitely not it.  That would be bad and maybe the main reason we don't know the day.

People would procrastinate.  People would put things off.

The day is not the problem, it is the not days that are the problem with a lack of spirituality.
Chad~
Quote:The day is not the problem

Absolutely, taking your eyes/FAITH off of God and His word, and placing them on the Mayans, is the BIG, HUGE problem.

Although, I realize you don't see it this way.

You know why I feel completely comfy with saying it won't be then? Because MY GOD WON'T BOW TO ANY OTHERS.