Bible Options Bible Study Software
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Friday, December 21, 2012
Ripley's Wrote:YoY~
Quote:You obviously can't read what I said

I read what you said, and I am going on record as saying that ABSOLUTELY NOTHING OF ANY SIGNIFICANCE IS GOING TO HAPPEN ON THAT DAY, OR YEAR, THAT WILL RELATE TO ANY "REVELATION" TO THE MAYANS.

I'm digging a trench around an altar....someone bring the firehose, please.

[Image: jibbi.gif][Image: tigrou_bis.gif][Image: jibbi.gif][Image: fireout.gif]

Sorry I couldn't resist!
Quote:People would procrastinate.  People would put things off.

They might indeed, but we don't know when OUR DAY OR HOUR HAS COME, as in WE DIE/and then the judgement.

None of us is promised tomorrow, which is why it is important to be ready....... every....... single........ day.
Why do you think it may have something to do with the Jews fleeing? Would this mean you think this is the beginning of tribulation? Also, you never answered my ? about June/July of this year...is there any Jewish day that is of significance? I can see both views about why to believe/not believe anything to do with predictions that aren't in Bible. However, I chose to keep them in the back of my mind because it seems that many things are coming into place (even the signs mentioned in the Bible to look out for). Perhaps these outside clues (outside of Bible) may be used as a tool to help people that don't read the Bible to seek the Lord...out of fear?
krisi Wrote:Why do you think it may have something to do with the Jews fleeing? Would this mean you think this is the beginning of tribulation?

I wrote, as Ripley's seems to constantly ignore

Quote:Matthew 24:15-28 (New King James Version, underlined brackets mine)

The Great Tribulation...20 And pray that your flight may not be in winter or on the Sabbath[Friday, 21 December 2012, begins both the Winter and the Sabbath.]. 21 For then there will be great tribulation, such as has not been since the beginning of the world until this time, no, nor ever shall be. 22 And unless those days were shortened, no flesh would be saved; but for the elect’s sake those days will be shortened....

I also don't place my faith in the Mayans, but what I said concerning the Mayans and Romans 1:19-21 applies to what Chad said. "[E]ven if the Mayans didn't discover it, there still is a strange thing anyone might observe..." So, the Mayans could've seen something and would have been without excuse to know that there is a god or God of some kind.
Krisi-
RIght, lots of people get saved cause of end time stuff even though we can disagree on it pretrib or amillenial and still be saved.

Summer months for Jewish times and seasons is about the destruction of  the temple and a fast.  That is when they have weddings, but not near the tempple destruction date.  Tish B Ave.
To Ripleys-

The Oracle of Agur was probably written by a nonjew and may have been spoken and accepted by JEws as true.  Was agure Monotheistic?

THe Mayans were no worse than the Babylonians who figured out things about JEsus with the stars.

I never have read books on 2012 except a brief scan I think.

What do you mean Mayan Prophetic callendar?]

As I already pointed out they were already at least half right according to the Bible fitting 2 Peter 3:10 and  other verses.

Chad~
Quote:What do you mean Mayan Prophetic callendar?

Good grief, why are we even discussing this if you don't know (that much) about it?

The Mayan calendar ENDS. People take this to mean the end of the world. GOOGLE IT. In fact, Google "December 21, 2012".

Since they made it centuries ago, it would be "prophetic" which is EXACTLY what some are saying in this thread. To what, they don't know, but prophetic nonetheless.

As that time gets closer, more and more "documentaries" will be made, and broadcast, like they are now on History Channel, etc...

Here's my "prediction": we will be inundated with speculation and fear...until that day passes like every other, and His People put their eyes back on Him.
UPDATE:

Quote:The date December 21st, 2012 A.D. (13.0.0.0.0 in the Long Count), represents an extremely close conjunction of the Winter Solstice Sun with the crossing point of the Galactic Equator (Equator of the Milky Way) and the Ecliptic (path of the Sun), what that ancient Maya recognized as the Sacred Tree. This is an event that has been coming to resonance very slowly over thousands and thousands of years. It will come to resolution at exactly 11:11 am GMT.
SOURCE There's plenty on that site for everyone!

Let's change the name of the thread to "11:11 am GMT, 12/21/2012"

Ripley's Wrote:UPDATE:

Quote:The date December 21st, 2012 A.D. (13.0.0.0.0 in the Long Count), represents an extremely close conjunction of the Winter Solstice Sun with the crossing point of the Galactic Equator (Equator of the Milky Way) and the Ecliptic (path of the Sun), what that ancient Maya recognized as the Sacred Tree....

Sacred Tree? Does the "Sacred Tree" possibly look like the following?
||
[[[||]]]
||
[[[||]]]
||
||
chow_woman Wrote:
Ripley's Wrote:YoY~
Quote:You obviously can't read what I said

I read what you said, and I am going on record as saying that ABSOLUTELY NOTHING OF ANY SIGNIFICANCE IS GOING TO HAPPEN ON THAT DAY, OR YEAR, THAT WILL RELATE TO ANY "REVELATION" TO THE MAYANS.

I'm digging a trench around an altar....someone bring the firehose, please.

[Image: jibbi.gif][Image: tigrou_bis.gif][Image: jibbi.gif][Image: fireout.gif]

Sorry I couldn't resist!
he he he... Thats not entirely true Ripley...

On thart day in December, I and all my friends plan to throw a "Myan end of the world Party" at my home, where we will openly mock the Myan civilization as the Flamming Savage Godless Pagans they where...

There will be tiki torches, Jelly filled cake shaped like little blue Myan dudes, and even some Volcano Punch...

And we will probably read some from the book of Revelations at the party as well... and since the WORD never returns void, at least "we" will relate to Revelations... and that is something... :lol:

BTW: y'all are invited... :cheesygrin: