Bible Options Bible Study Software
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do we have reader's comp in christianity?
re: Mark 14...and the significance of recognizing the Passover for christians.

I reminded a friend that easter doesn't capture the true love God has for us as it is written of in the NT example Mark 14...and here were her thoughts....

Regarding your other thoughts.... I do not think God is that concerned with the days on which we celebrate events, as it says in the Word, "One day is the same as another with God".  We do not celebrate Christmas or Easter as if they are on the exact day those events happened...we celebrate as a memory of those events.  The day is unimportant...the event is what we celebrate.  Without the birth of Christ, there would be no Crucifixion, and no release from sin.  Easter says "I am free - I am forgiven, and my freedom and release from sin is due to what Christ did on the cross and what he did by raising from the dead."  Some religious groups keep him on the cross...the cross was the sacrifice, but the empty tomb was the victory...Easter is a celebration of the victory over death and the grave.

anyone have other thoughts concering Mark chapter 14 and the significance of Passover vs. Easter?

and for literate christians....do we promote comprehension of Jesus' love for us by substituting easter eggs as 'life forces' or literally just reading the many, many accounts of the last day's of our LORD at the feast of passover???

for me....I cannot help but think we are trying to 'spice up' our walk with the LORD because meekness isn't very flashy...you know? and the truth of the matter is heart rendering love for his own ...mankind...with knosh.

bye for now,
kimberly

4everhisown Wrote:re: Mark 14...and the significance of recognizing the Passover for christians.

I reminded a friend that easter doesn't capture the true love God has for us as it is written of in the NT example Mark 14...and here were her thoughts....

Regarding your other thoughts.... I do not think God is that concerned with the days on which we celebrate events, as it says in the Word, "One day is the same as another with God".  We do not celebrate Christmas or Easter as if they are on the exact day those events happened...we celebrate as a memory of those events.  The day is unimportant...the event is what we celebrate.  Without the birth of Christ, there would be no Crucifixion, and no release from sin.  Easter says "I am free - I am forgiven, and my freedom and release from sin is due to what Christ did on the cross and what he did by raising from the dead."  Some religious groups keep him on the cross...the cross was the sacrifice, but the empty tomb was the victory...Easter is a celebration of the victory over death and the grave.

anyone have other thoughts concering Mark chapter 14 and the significance of Passover vs. Easter?

Your friend stated wisely the fundamentals of our faith!!! but I am also in agreement with you that when we take a closer look at the passover there are details in the Bible which enrich our walk and discernment.

How many people celebrate Easter without tapping into the resurrection power of G-d? only believing in eternal salvation! This is not the full will of G-d... for healing and deliverance is also included in the passover. The passover is a model for the communion that our L-rd commanded us to do in His memory and to do this with true understanding  and revelation is a blessing.

Above all lets walk in love! For its not passover vs easter but both should serve to unveil the mystery of Christ the Passover Lamb. It all depends on your spiritual maturity and your hunger for the depth of His waters and Word. There is no substitute for deep biblical understanding of our Hebraic roots as long as we do not turn to legalism. Scriptures like Romans 11:15 and John 4:22 are there for a reason.

Romans 11:15 For if the casting away of them be the reconciling of the world, what shall the receiving of them be, but life from the dead?

John 4:22 Ye worship ye know not what: we know what we worship: for salvation is of the Jews.
Prowler Wrote:Scriptures like Romans 11:15 and John 4:22 are there for a reason.

Romans 11:15 For if the casting away of them be the reconciling of the world, what shall the receiving of them be, but life from the dead?

John 4:22 Ye worship ye know not what: we know what we worship: for salvation is of the Jews.

thank you for the Romans 11 quote, especially...I have relied on that one a lot lately...from Passover ignored...yet quoted as if Easter were it's edification....to the polygamist trials...and hearing so much about "wasn't Jacob, Isaac, and Kings David and Solomon...polygamist?"

that scripture always reinforces for me that the LORD did not give us the scripture to be envious of the Israelites because they were perfect...BUT that It is written...and the very fact that we have written communication from the LORD has never once made religion work...even in the midst of the chosen ...

ie:  "Why didn't the Pharisees and the Sadducees 'know' that the scripture was coming true?"

because of legalism...ok?

I say it is most like modern religion, the christian 'spin' on Jewish holidays has gone too far

so called...holy men....became first source/reference even to the exclusion of the LORD's written word

in the day of the LORD it was like it is now...if the priest says it isn't coming true..then even if you read it a thousand times...and comprehend it as fulfilled...well?  

The Priest said it isn't true!

that is why I like OT Zechariah...last chapter about the people using holy utensils...cooking and all...the holy spirit is given to men. I don't think it was a mistake... I think we are trying to invent 'damage control' by not letting holiness belong to the people.  but it was always meant to belong to His people.

that is why celebrating the Passover is most important to me...

ever since it came to pass that I comprehend what the scripture says...a layperson ...a nobody...

as someone who just was told it is the Word of God...

celebrating Easter and reading the Passover story as if it is the same has become sickening.  a case most profound of the traditions of men making void the Word of God.  

You see it cannot be applied the other way; only if you say the LORD  has not fulfilled scripture...
only if you deny The Word made flesh/scripture; only then can 'Jewish Holidays' become legalistic/traditions of men making void the Word of God.

I would like so much to not improve upon what it, the Holy Scripture does say,...you know?

but thank you for your peace making...I understand so much about outreach sharing with you here...and though I am too close to be a good peacemaker...I respect your thoughts..how they would be well received to someone addicted to chocolate easter bunnies, let's say.

bye for now

kimberly
4everhisown Wrote:You see it cannot be applied the other way; only if you say the LORD  has not fulfilled scripture...
only if you deny The Word made flesh/scripture; only then can 'Jewish Holidays' become legalistic/traditions of men making void the Word of God.

I would like so much to not improve upon what it, the Holy Scripture does say,...you know?

but thank you for your peace making...I understand so much about outreach sharing with you here...and though I am too close to be a good peacemaker...I respect your thoughts..how they would be well received to someone addicted to chocolate easter bunnies, let's say.

bye for now

kimberly

Kim,
You're Pharisizing. Look at Acts 15 and Romans 14; and see that one can celebrate Easter and Passover as the same in regards to the intent of the heart and practices. For example, I don't have to worship Ishtar, but can even use Easter eggs and chicks to worship Y'shua called Immanuel. Who, after all, Is like the mother hen gathering the chicks unto her?
at Passover I went to the OT and NT to share and edify:

Faith like that from Abraham when Isaac said, "Father?" "Yes, my son," Abraham replied. "We have the wood and the fire," said the boy, "but where is the lamb for the sacrifice?"
"God will provide a lamb, my son," Abraham answered.
It may not be identical to when Jesus sent Peter and John ahead and said, "Go and prepare the Passover meal, so we can eat it together."
but, for me it is the fulfillment of the faith of Abraham when it was said:
Then he took a loaf of bread; and when he had thanked God for it, he broke it in pieces and gave it to the disciples, saying, "This is my body, given for you. Do this in remembrance of me." After supper he took another cup of wine and said, "This wine is the token of God's new covenant to save you-an agreement sealed with the blood I will pour out for you.
Not from a thornbush, but from prison and trial they led him away to his death. But who among the people realized that he was dying for their sins-that he was suffering their punishment? The Father would preordain: When he sees all that is accomplished by his anguish, he will be satisfied. :and: I will give him the honors of one who is mighty and great, because he exposed himself to death.
Fully One with the Father and only apart temporarily was it then Jesus shouted out again, and he gave up his spirit. At that moment the curtain in the Temple was torn in two, from top to bottom. The earth shook, rocks split apart, and tombs opened. The bodies of many godly men and women who had died were raised from the dead after Jesus' resurrection. They left the cemetery, went into the holy city of Jerusalem, and appeared to many people. Proclaiming all in unity! Seek the Lord while you can find him. Call on him now while he is near. Firstfruits were they that appeared in the earth and in His Kingdom! And they sang a new song with these words: "You are worthy to take the scroll and break its seals and open it. For you were killed, and your blood has ransomed people for God from every tribe and language and people and nation. And they sang in a mighty chorus: "The Lamb is worthy-the Lamb who was killed. He is worthy to receive power and riches and wisdom and strength and honor and glory and blessing." This rich blessing and redemption brought peace to us.  For Christ himself has made peace between us Jews and you Gentiles by making us all one people. He has broken down the wall of hostility that used to separate us. Together as one body, Christ reconciled both groups to God by means of his death, and our hostility toward each other was put to death. We who believe are carefully joined together, becoming a holy temple for the Lord.

Lovingly I say Happy Passover...it is His gift to us to unite and reveal His grace among men.

bye for now,
kimberly
GoyOfY'shua Wrote:Kim,
You're Pharisizing.....

Who, after all, Is like the mother hen gathering the chicks unto her?

Hi Goy long time!

I don't regret letting go of a few invented holidays...I find it freeing.  And it also makes the Word of the LORD seem relevant at the time I actually 'celebrate' the holidays it speaks of....

you know if we have to overshadow a pagan rite, with a biblical pricipal..then we are in for a mess, We cannot save anyone by calling their holiday by the name of the LORD...we are to be in the world and not of it.  A people set apart, free from the wages of sin, but the LORD's slave.  Pharasizing would still be waiting to see fulfillment of the LORD's coming, I say...

To the mention of the circumcision taught by Moses  it is a common practice of the hospitals to go and perform the bodily act...but it is not 'taught' to the mother and father of the infant who is gentile.  If you did not have a preference it would be performed without question.  Very few atheists today would consider foregoing the proceedure because of the religious significance...I say.  And No Orthodox Jew is outside a hospital picketing the doctor or surgeon who is performing circumcisions.

Gather your chicks to the fulfilled scripture...proclaim His coming and read about it in all it's significance on the actual day...why not? Let the world have it's flash and it's 15 minutes of fame.  Return to the LORD and marvel that He has said, and it is written of Him...to this day not one error has been discovered.

I think it would also be a powerful evangelical tool that the Passover has such significance in OT and NT reference and that the sharing of the meal could bring our spirits together, Magnify Our Father in Heaven, too.

thanks for writing, hope you are well...

bye for now,
kimberly
I would like to see you say all that to my Jewish Catholic friend, who celebrates only Hanukkah but was a person through whom the God of Israel brought her dad to be regrafted into Israel.

4everhisown Wrote:
GoyOfY'shua Wrote:Kim,
You're Pharisizing.....

Who, after all, Is like the mother hen gathering the chicks unto her?

Hi Goy long time!

I don't regret letting go of a few invented holidays...I find it freeing.  And it also makes the Word of the LORD seem relevant at the time I actually 'celebrate' the holidays it speaks of....

you know if we have to overshadow a pagan rite, with a biblical pricipal..then we are in for a mess, We cannot save anyone by calling their holiday by the name of the LORD...we are to be in the world and not of it.  A people set apart, free from the wages of sin, but the LORD's slave.  Pharasizing would still be waiting to see fulfillment of the LORD's coming, I say...

Gather your chicks to the fulfilled scripture...proclaim His coming and read about it in all it's significance on the actual day...why not? Let the world have it's flash and it's 15 minutes of fame.  Return to the LORD and marvel that He has said, and it is written of Him...to this day not one error has been discovered.
Jesus did forsake all. What if He had not laid his life down? There may be no quick answer. The death angel. No more firstfruits, no more new borns, no release from slavery to sin or the world, no families. We can see God's timing. From all historical record, Israel was Ichabod. Even the ruking class said, all that there is is what we can see.

Y'shua is the blessed hope of the Israelites. His life was in his blood. And, not only that it was shed for a group of unlearned laborers and a handful of religious temple leaders.

Why didn't Y'shua just say, well, I'll just pack up and go eastward to the "Wise" ones?

BECAUSE of his great great LOVE!

For you people on here who claim to be Jewish, WISE UP!

Jesus. Y'shua Ha mashiash is Lord and Saviour, God of the dead and the living!

That is reality.
Quote:I think it would also be a powerful evangelical tool that the Passover has such significance in OT and NT reference and that the sharing of the meal could bring our spirits together, Magnify Our Father in Heaven, too.

I agree with you 4ever... Christians are woefully ignorant of the fulfillment of OT scriptures, the very foundation of our faith...

Goy, WADR, I don't think much emphasis is placed on God and our Redeemer during the holiday. And if we "sat it out" it wouldn't even be a holiday to the secular humanists. No reason for the billions of dollars of candy chicks to be made, no one (or few) would be buying them. Why are we? Why don't we insist on "torn veil candy"?? Or something more significant?

Same goes for Christmas.

I am not a legalist about it, if someone wants to celebrate them, fine. I just don't see how it witnesses to the world. Much less to our Jewish friends, who know what God spoke of.

As for me, I have given them up, and teach my boy the correct history, etc.

There is enough confusion without the church adopting pagan rituals and trying to pass them off as "godly"... yuck.

JMHO
Ripley's Wrote:...

There is enough confusion without the church adopting pagan rituals and trying to pass them off as "godly"... yuck.

JMHO

You are a Pharisee; and it's a Pharisaical, not humble, opinion. Read Acts 15 and Romans 14, and why not do some research on Christmas and how it should be a Jewish holiday?