Bible Options Bible Study Software
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lamb of G-d?
"The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world." - John 1:29

"And if he bring a lamb for a sin offering, he shall bring it a female without blemish." - Leviticus 4:32
Jew4Judaism Wrote:"The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world." - John 1:29

"And if he bring a lamb for a sin offering, he shall bring it a female without blemish." - Leviticus 4:32

Is it ignorance or have you never celebrated Pesach (Passover)?

Exodus 12:3-7 Speak to all the assembly of Isra’el and say, ‘On the tenth day of this month, each man is to take a lamb or kid for his family, one per household––  (4)  except that if the household is too small for a whole lamb or kid, then he and his next–door neighbor should share one, dividing it in proportion to the number of people eating it.  (5)  Your animal must be without defect, a male in its first year, and you may choose it from either the sheep or the goats. (6)  ‘You are to keep it until the fourteenth day of the month, and then the entire assembly of the community of Isra’el will slaughter it at dusk.  (7)  They are to take some of the blood and smear it on the two sides and top of the door–frame at the entrance of the house in which they eat it.

Now tell me are you sincerely asking questions from Leviticus or are you trying to confuse the unlearned?

Jew for Y'shua HaMashiach -the savior of the world
Jew4Judaism Wrote:"The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world." - John 1:29

Meaning, the lamb that brings herself could represent the Church. Eve came from Adam, and a betulah who was also an almah bore Seh-Elohim-shelNatzAret.
Prowler: I am of course aware of the Passover lamb.  Were you aware that the Passover lamb was not a sin offering?  It was a thanksgiving offering for our deliverance from bondage in Egypt.

Perhaps John the Baptist should have said, "Behold the bull of G-d" or "the goat of G-d", since males of those species can be brought for sin.  Lev. 4:32 clearly says that lambs offered for sin must be female.
Jew4Judaism Wrote:Prowler: I am of course aware of the Passover lamb.  Were you aware that the Passover lamb was not a sin offering?  It was a thanksgiving offering for our deliverance from bondage in Egypt.

Yet, Prowler thanked G-d and glorified him in his heart; whereas you've done what? See Yeshayahu 29:13-14 and Romans 1-3.
Quote:Prowler: I am of course aware of the Passover lamb.  Were you aware that the Passover lamb was not a sin offering?  It was a thanksgiving offering for our deliverance from bondage in Egypt.
-emphasis mine-

Huh? Not a blood sacrifice covering the doorposts to deliver the firstborn of Israel from death/God's wrath? Leading to the deliverance from bondage of Egypt (the world)?

OK....

Ripley's: Yep, that's right.  There was never any wrath in the first place - but there would have been if the Jewish people had disobeyed.  As it was, this act of slaughtering the god of Egypt and placing his blood publicly on the doorposts and lintel showed great faith in G-d despite the dangers of committing public sacrilege.  It also showed our faith in the promise of the Redemption, as we offered our thanksgiving offering before the deliverance actually took place.  We were thus deemed worthy of redemption.

Please show me the Scripture verse which says that the Passover lamb atoned for sins.
Lambs, sheep, shepherds, food, clothing, milk. Y'shua is the good shepherd. He gave His life for the children of the Kingdom. Deuteronomy
says to teach your children. How do you explain, animal sacrifice, J4Judaism.?

I am turning this into a prayer, for I have grandchildren.
Quote:Please show me the Scripture verse which says that the Passover lamb atoned for sins.

It didn't... it delivered/saved/rescued the Hebrews from death. And resluted in freedom from bondage to Egypt (a symbol of "the [ungodly] world", yes?).

Quote:There was never any wrath in the first place - but there would have been if the Jewish people had disobeyed.

And wrath was exacted against the Egyptians, and any who did not follow the command of the LORD. (Not that any are mentioned, but it is what He warns.) So, there was wrath, death, that Hebrews were exempt from through God's PROVISION.

By His blood we are delivered from (everlasting spiritual) death unto (everlasting spiritual) life, and freed from the bondage of sin.

Have you read Hebrews yet?
Jew4Judaism Wrote:Ripley's: Yep, that's right.  There was never any wrath in the first place - but there would have been if the Jewish people had disobeyed.  As it was, this act of slaughtering the god of Egypt and placing his blood publicly on the doorposts and lintel showed great faith in G-d despite the dangers of committing public sacrilege.  It also showed our faith in the promise of the Redemption, as we offered our thanksgiving offering before the deliverance actually took place.  We were thus deemed worthy of redemption.

Please show me the Scripture verse which says that the Passover lamb atoned for sins.

If there was no wrath, why the fall of Adam and Eve; why the Flood, Moses' almost-death, what happened during the Exodus, and the Diaspora?