Bible Options Bible Study Software
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Saved according to scripture--Get Saved!
How do we get saved as taught by the Apostles of the Lamb.

I will try to teach this truth as best as I can for all to have a chance to understand.

John 10
1 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that entereth not by the door into the sheepfold, but climbeth up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber.

Jeshuah is saying, if you try to get saved by any other way then what I have told you is a thief and a robber.

2 But he that entereth in by the door is the shepherd of the sheep.

3 To him the porter openeth; and the sheep hear his voice: and he calleth his own sheep by name, and leadeth them out.

4 And when he putteth forth his own sheep, he goeth before them, and the sheep follow him: for they know his voice.

Matthew 16:24 Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.

John 12:26 If any man serve me, let him follow me; and where I am, there shall also my servant be: if any man serve me, him will my Father honour.

John 13:36 Simon Peter said unto him, Lord, whither goest thou? Jesus answered him, Whither I go, thou canst not follow me now; but thou shalt follow me afterwards.

We can not follow him on the actual cross but we can follow Him another way that points to the cross and what he did on the cross.

5 And a stranger will they not follow, but will flee from him: for they know not the voice of strangers.

6 This parable spake Jesus unto them: but they understood not what things they were which he spake unto them.

7 Then said Jesus unto them again, Verily, verily, I say unto you, I am the door of the sheep.

8 All that ever came before me are thieves and robbers: but the sheep did not hear them.

9 I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.

10 The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.

11 I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep.

Matthew 10:38
And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after me, is not worthy of me.
So Jeshuah is saying to us that we must follow him. He says that we can not go where he going (that is to the cross) but he says we can follow Him later.

Jeshuah went to the cross, died and was resurrected. Can we do this as well? What shall we do to follow Him?

Romans 6
3 Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?

4 Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.

5 For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection:

So that is how we follow Jeshuah, by Baptism into His name.

What is the likeness of His resurrection? In other words, what happens to us after baptism and the infilling of the Holy Ghost?

What does Baptism in Jesus name do for us?

1/ Removes the curse
2/ Gives us a new name
3/ We receive the Holy Ghost
4/ We are new creatures in Christ
5/ Circumcision of Heart
6/ Joint Heirs with Christ
7/ We are the true Church
8/ Our name is written in the Book of Life
9/ We are higher than the angels
10/ We are the body of Christ - He is the Head
11/ We are sons of God
12/ We can do all things in Christ Jesus
13/ We are in the High Calling in Christ- High Priest after the Order of Melchisedec

For 12 and 13 we have much to learn as we need to reach a higher level of understanding in Christ Jesus.
After following Jeshuah through death, Burial and Resurrection. We receive the Holy Ghost.

The Holy Ghost also known as the Comforter is a gift from the Father. The Holy Ghost is Life and without it we have no life, no eternal life period. The Holy Ghost is Christ, Christ in you is your hope of glory.

The Holy Ghost will lead and guide you into all truths and brings things to your memory in time of need.

Christ is the branches and we are the vine, as long as we stay in Christ he will provide the Life. He is the Tree of Life!

John 15
4Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me.

5I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.

6If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned.
According to scripture, it's REAL SIMPLE.

ONE STEP: believe.

All the rest flows FROM that, but a person is ALREADY SAVED before they do those works.

YOU are trying to impose a "new law" on us, and I for one, won't stand for it.

You teach a self-righteousness that comes from your works. (Filthy rags.)

We have HIS righteousness from HIS grace.

I think I will trust the Perfect righteousness, as God prescribed, all through scripture.

wilby, we are here for conversations and debates. You are here to preach to us. Thank you very much but I HAVE A PASTOR!

I also already have a High Priest in the order of Melchizedek. His name is Jesus... you should meet Him sometime.

Jeshuah is saying, if you try to get saved by any other way then what I have told you is a thief and a robber.

Who is JESHUAH? from:http://www.revelations.org.za/WhoisGod9.htm

JESHUA
The True Hebrew Messiah
(Isa. 9:6; Matt. 1:21,23)

Who is JESHUA?
He is the Messiah of Israel, Who's Name was audaciously changed by Bible translators to 'Jesus Christ' !  (Matt. 1:21)
(Click here  for more on the Sacred Name of God)

JESHUA is also -
The Only True God  (Rev. 1:7,8)
The God of Israel - and of the Universe  (Ezek. 37:28; Isa. 45:18,19; Zech. 12:10 to 11:1;  Ezek. ch 20 & verse 39 with Isa. 45:23 and Phil. 2:10,11)
God the Father before His Incarnation (Isa. 9:6;  Isa. 45:21 b - 23;  Phil. 2:10,11;   Jo 14:8,9;  Jo. 10:30)
The Holy Spirit in His Omnipresence (Jo. 17:26; Jo. 14:18,20; Jo. 14:26 with 17:11)
The Coming Judge of mankind at His Return  (Ps. 96:13;  Ezek. 20:35-37;  Rev. 20:11;  Matt. 16:27)
The Coming King of the Earth (Zech. 14:1-9; Rev. 19:11-17)
The Eternal Ruler of the Universe (Rev. 21:1-4;  Rev. 11:15)
The Creator  (Jo. 1:1-3;  Isa. 44:24; 45:12,21 b)

THIS is JESHUA!

JESHUA is not -
a lesser Being than God!

JESHUA is the Creator God Himself - an omnipresent Spirit Being Who manifested Himself as a Human Being, born from an Israelite woman 2000 years ago in Israel.  and was known by His Hebrew Name as

YAHU'SHUAH the Messiah
(Jo. 4:24;  1 Tim. 3:16;  Matt. 1:20-23)

God is not -
a 'triune' Being!
nor a 'compound unity'!

Explaining Matthew 18:19

Matt. 28:19

"Go, therefore, make disciples of all nations ; baptise them in the Name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit . .. "

Reconciling Matt. 28:19

The answer to the dispute whether the apostles fulfilled Matt. 28:19 or not, like all other facts of Truth, is very simple indeed - and of utmost importance.  In fact, your Eternal Life depends on the Truth in this matter, as stipulated in -

John 17:3
"And this is Eternal Life:  that they know Thee, the only True God, even YAHU'SHUAH Whom Thou hast sent".

But, just as the fallen angels had made their choice in heaven and discarded the True Creator, so there will be many who will not accept the Key of Life to unlock the Mystery.

Here is the Key to the whole matter:

THE SAVIOUR OF THE NEW TESTAMENT

IS YHVH OF THE OLD TESTAMENT

The Name YHVH appeared 6 823 times in the original Old Testament.  In most modern translations of the Bible, it has been removed and replaced by the title  'LORD'  (in capitals).

All theologians today admit the substitution of the True Name of the Eternal.  Some modern translations of the Bible have rightfully restored the Name YHVH.

How do we then reconcile the actions of the apostles with the Command in

Matt. 28:19

"Go, therefore, make disciples of all nations ; baptise them in the Name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit . .. "

Let us analyze this Divine Instruction -

1) They should be baptised into a Name.  It does not say Names, plural, but singular - One Name.
2) It should be One Name for the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit. The Trinitarian baptismal formulary goes something like this: "I baptise you in the Name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit"- upon which the person is then immersed.  The preacher in this case no more than promised to baptise the candidate in the Name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit - for he never pronounced any name at all!

‘Father' is not a name as they would claim, but a title, which every male parent bears!

Similarly, 'Son' is a title which every male child bears!

"God is Spirit .. . " (John 4:24), and He is Holy (Lev. 20: 26), therefore He must be a ‘Holy Spirit’ - but He certainly has a Name! This Name is Holy and should not be profaned (Lev. 22:31-33; Ex. 20:7 the 3rd Commandment).

The Name of the Messiah was not 'Son' - no!  He had a personal Holy and Reverend Name (Matt 1: 21).

continued!

So, Matt. 28:19, far from contradicting the Apostolic form of baptism, actually confirms their actions, especially in the light of this revelationary Truth, viz. that YAHU'SHUAH is YHVH.

YHVH is the Name of the Almighty in the Old Testament (Ex. 6:3;  20:1);  it is  the Name of the Father (Isa.63:16;  64:8);  the Name of the Only God worshipped by the Patriarchs, by Moses, the Prophets, etc.; and it is the Name of the SON!  Yes, the Prophet Jeremiah’s writings echo the very Words of God Almighty in speaking of the Messiah -

Jer. 23:6

"And this is the Name He (the Messiah - verse 5) will be called: ‘YHVH-our-integrity’".

Alternative translations of this verse reads as follows :

King James : "The Lord our Righteousness"
(Marginal note in Reference edition gives it as: ‘JEHOVA-Tsidkenu’"

Moffat::  “The Eternal our Champion”

In the New Testament the Father, Who is the Eternal Spirit Being, manifested Himself in flesh (1 Tim. 3:16) to save His people from their sins (Matt. 1:21) and was called ‘YHVH-SHUAH  (Shua = Saviour), which. in abbreviated form, is YAHU'SHUAH.

The apostles did NOT misunderstand Messiah's Command!

The Name of the Father is -
YHVH (or YAHU) the Eternal

The Name of the Son is -
YHVH (or YAHU) the Saviour

The Name of the Holy Spirit is -.
YHVH (or YAHU) the Spirit.

The Eternal and Supreme Being is ONE Being,  as many will only find out in the Day of judgment.

Zech, 14:9

"And YHVH shall be King over all the earth.  In that day shall there be One LORD (YHVH) and His Name One".

Put differently: The Almighty YHVH, in His Heavenly form, is the FATHER
- in His omniscience He is the Holy Spirit, and
-  in His human manifestation He was The ‘Son’

There is Salvation in no other than the ‘Son’ (Acts 4:12) - Who is also the Holy Spirit as well as the Father!  In His manifestation as the ‘Son of God’, the Lamb of Sacrifice - YAHU'SHUAH - His Name brings Salvation - consequently the apostles baptised in His Name..

YAHU'SHUAH is the FATHER!
- In His DIVINITY a Spiritual Being, from everlasting to everlasting;

YAHU'SHUAH is the SON? - In His Humanity,  the Lamb of Sacrifice . for our sins, our Saviour
- Redeemer

YAHU'SHUAH is the HOLY SPIRIT?
- In His Omnipresence,  our Comforter - Companion, All Power unto Holiness!

Can you now understand why the apostles baptised in the Name of the Saviour - Why we should also be baptised in His Name? .

Acts 22:16

"And now, why delay? It is time you were baptised and had your sins washed away while invoking His Name!"

Why do we need to be baptized?

1 Corinthians 15:22
For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.

There is a sin that has passed onto us from Adam and this sin must be remitted. This is also known as the curse or the sin of the world.

John 1:29 Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world.  

1John 5
16 If any man see his brother sin a sin which is not unto death, he shall ask, and he shall give him life for them that sin not unto death. There is a sin unto death: I do not say that he shall pray for it.

As you can now see the importance of having this sin remitted from our life. HOW?

Like it is said in the first post.

Follow Jesus, follow him, through death, burial and resurrection by being baptized into His name for the remission of sin, remission of the curse.

continued
If you are not Baptized yet and after hearing the word of God; what does hinder you?

Acts 8:36 And as they went on their way, they came unto a certain water: and the eunuch said, See, here is water; what doth hinder me to be baptized?

:37 And Philip said, If thou believest with all thine heart, thou mayest. And he answered and said, I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God.

:38 And he commanded the chariot to stand still: and they went down both into the water, both Philip and the eunuch; and he baptized him.

How do we Baptize? What is the Process?

Repent by admitting you were living in sin but you wish to turn away and live for Christ.
Call upon the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and cite his Spirit to be present.
I Baptize (your name) in the Name of the Lord Jesus Christ for the Remission of Sins
Rise out of the water, hands raised, thanking Jesus
You may be filled with the Holy Ghost instantly or sometime later
You are a new creature in Christ -- Congratulations!

What does Baptism in Jesus name do for us?

1/ Removes the curse
2/ Gives us a new name
3/ We receive the Holy Ghost
4/ We are new creatures in Christ
5/ Circumcision of Heart
6/ Joint Heirs with Christ
7/ We are the true Church
8/ Our name is written in the Book of Life
9/ We are the body of Christ - He is the Head
10/ We are sons of God
11/ We can do all things in Christ Jesus
12/ We have a hope to attain the High Calling in Christ -- High Priest after the Order of Melchisedec.

NOTE: Numbers 12 & 13 These will come after much learning and understanding of His word.

Romans 8:18 For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.

Endure unto the End - means to remain firm under suffering or misfortune without yielding. Overcome - to gain the superiority: win.

Further to taking your salvation for granted I give this example; Remember the story of Esau and Jacob and how Esau sold his birthright - lets take a look.

Luke 18:1
And he spake a parable unto them to this end, that men ought always to pray, and not to faint;

Genesis 25:30
And Esau said to Jacob, Feed me, I pray thee, with that same red pottage; for I am faint: therefore was his name called Edom.

:31
And Jacob said, Sell me this day thy birthright.

:32
And Esau said, Behold, I am at the point to die: and what profit shall this birthright do to me?

:33
And Jacob said, Swear to me this day; and he sware unto him: and he sold his birthright unto Jacob.

We must hold on tight to our birthright at all times least someone comes to us when we are week, plants a seed of doubt, and we fall away to apostasy denying the Holy Spirit. Salvation: 'He that overcometh unto the end shall be saved'. If you feel faint in your journey don't give up; call upon the Holy Spirit to strength you and he will make straight your way and renew your hope in Christ.

Rev 3:5
He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels.

Revelation 2:11
He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; He that overcometh shall not be hurt of the second death.

Revelation 21:7
He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son.

Therefore my friends, "it is not over until it is over". Then our amazing experience Begins!