Bible Options Bible Study Software
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Acts 15: 19-21
HaRav Yisroel ben Avrohom Wrote:Strange as it may seem, although Jews salt meat before cooking in order to remove the blood, that only applies if the meat is going to be cooked. Raw meat, however, may be eaten without salting, although the surface blood must be rinsed off first.

Where in Tanakh is the permission to eat raw meat?
YehudiahOfYeshua Wrote:As for Torah, Neviim, and Ketuvim, observing [any of the] 613 [outside of the Ten Commandments and other mitzvot still in effect] and any extra-Torah mitzvot would be up to the individual goy or goyah.

I'm trying to clarify what I meant.
YehudiahOfYeshua Wrote:
HaRav Yisroel ben Avrohom Wrote:Strange as it may seem, although Jews salt meat before cooking in order to remove the blood, that only applies if the meat is going to be cooked. Raw meat, however, may be eaten without salting, although the surface blood must be rinsed off first.

Where in Tanakh is the permission to eat raw meat?

It appears I overlooked responding to YoY.

My response is where in Tanach does it forbid eating raw meat?

"Raw meat, however, may be eaten without salting, although the surface blood must be rinsed off first."

Yes, indeed, that does sound strange.

"My response is where in Tanach does it forbid eating raw meat?"

As you well know, Genesis 9 prohibits eating flesh with the blood, and Leviticus 17:10 is most emphatic to Israel to not eat any kind of blood.  Raw meat has blood in it, especially if you have not salted it.

I have read how Jesus rebuked the Pharisees for this type of thing, but I can still hardly believe how blatant it is.  To think that you would count drops of blood that might spatter accidentally into a pot of cooked soup, that you would forbid a Jew to eat chicken with milk, just in case he might confuse chicken with beef, yet you would tell a Jew: "Raw meat, however, may be eaten without salting, although the surface blood must be rinsed off first."  I am flabbergasted.
ThomasDGW Wrote:"But what does Acts 15 mean to members of this website?
Do people have some insights about Acts 15?"

Acts 15:21 gives the reason for those restrictions.  Moses was read in the synagogues, However, in Acts 15, James is saying, "Please, you can have some fried shrimp with your fellow Christian Jew sitting beside you, but don't munch down on a raw piece of meat with blood dripping from your mouth.  If you serve that Christian Jew chicken, at least kill it by cutting its throat instead of wringing its neck.  And don't be having sex with your menstruous wife.  And don't waltz in with a certified idol sacrifice you bought in the heathen temple.  That is just a bit too much to ask a Jew to handle to have fellowship with you."  That is my paraphrase to show how I understand this passage.

Acts 15:24
"We understand that some men from here have troubled you and upset you with their teaching, but they had no such instructions from us."

sounds to me that this chapter is more of an investigation into corrupt teaching in the gentile community that was handed down in the name of the teachings in Jerusalem.  It surmises that the outward is not the intent of G-d.  But the inward man must become repentant and turn to the LORD for cleansing and covenant.  You cannot become a child of the king just by having a circumscion.  You become His when you start doing what He tells you.  And I mean literally.

bye for now,
kimberly
(pray for me)
Thank you all for these scriptures to remind us, Deuteronomy 12:15 says Nevertheless, you may slaughter your animals in any of your towns and eat as much of the meat as you want, as if it were gazelle or dear, according to the blessing the Lord your God gives you.  Both the ceremonially unclean and clean may eat it.  

But you must not eat the blood; pour it on the ground like water. You must not eat it in your towns and the tithe of your grain and new wine and oil, or the firstborn of your hearts and flocks, or whatever you have vowed to give, or your freewill offerings or special gifts.  Instead you are to eat them in the presence of the Lord your God at the place the Lord your God will choose---you, your sons and daughters, your menservants and maidservants, and the Levites from your towns--and you are to rejoice before the Lord your God in everything you put your hand to.

This implies while the pagans offered sacrifices to their gods, they offered them in many places.  In Contrast, the Israelites were only to offer sacrifices in the prescribed manner and in the prescribed places, to ensure purity of worship for the nation of Israel.  Later they would neglect this injunction and other sacrifices at the high places, where pagan deities were worshipped.    

Isn't life a learning process, but the right paths set through the Lord's will.
(07-12-2008, 06:46 PM)Yetzirah231 Wrote: Anyway, my question is If new believers anyway start to pick up some 'Old Testaminic' Laws...: Why do they nowadays pick Tallit or Kipa(kipa is only a custom). While not eating blood is a Law. Not eating certain fish etc....

The answer lies in authority. It wasn't that believers who decided to pick up some Torah laws or not. This word came from the Holy Ghost.

28 For it seemed good to the Holy Ghost, and to us, to lay upon you no greater burden than these necessary things;

29 That you abstain from meats offered to idols, and from blood, and from things strangled, and from fornication: from which if you keep yourselves, you shall do well. Fare you well.

So the above was given much like God to Moses, in this case it was the Holy Ghost speaking to an Apostle.

As for the Kippah, that I don't know. I think they're stuck on Talmud and potentially Midrash or don't realize this is the only place Kippah comes from, to tell you the blatant truth. I don't wear it. I had one Messianic tell me a Kippah isn't a covering though...in response to my question: How do you read where Apostle Paul says not to cover your head when you pray or prophesy? ?

As for the Tallit, that isn't a big deal if it is a garment.

(07-12-2008, 06:46 PM)Yetzirah231 Wrote: But what does Acts 15 mean to members of this website?
Do people have some insights about Acts 15?

Greetings,
Yetzirah231

How awesome it is to be freely forgiven from a law we could not keep nor can be justified by. Definitely.