Bible Options Bible Study Software
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
God vs Science section ll
(continued from God vs Science)

"Tell me," he continues onto another student. "Do you believe in Jesus Christ, son?"

The student's voice betrays him and cracks. "Yes, professor, I do."

The old man stops pacing. "Science says you have five senses you use to identify and observe the world around you. Have you ever seen Jesus?"

"No sir. I've never seen Him."

"Then tell us if you've ever heard your Jesus?"
"No, sir, I have not."

"Have you ever felt your Jesus, tasted your Jesus or smelt your Jesus? Have you ever had any sensory perception of Jesus Christ, or God for that matter?"

"No, sir, I'm afraid I haven't."
"Yet you still believe in him?"
"Yes."

"According to the rules of empirical, testable, demonstrable protocol, science says your God doesn't exist. What do you say to that, son?"

"Nothing," the student replies. "I only have my FAITH.  Faith is the beilif in something that cannot be seen, touched, tasted or smelled."
"Yes, faith," the professor repeats. "And that is the problem science has with God. There is no evidence, only FAITH."

At the back of the room another student stands quietly for a moment before asking a question of His own. "Professor, is there such thing as heat?"

"Yes," the professor replies. "There's heat."

"And is there such a thing as cold?"
"Yes, son, there's cold too."
"No sir, I beg to differ, there is no COLD."

The professor turns to face the student, obviously interested. The room suddenly becomes very quiet. The student begins to explain. "You can have lots of heat, even more heat, super-heat, mega-heat, unlimited heat, white
heat, a little heat or no heat, but we don't have anything called 'cold'. We can hit up to 458 degrees below zero, which is no heat, but we can't go any
further after that. There is no such thing as cold; otherwise we would be able to go colder than the lowest -458 degrees."

"Every body or object is susceptible to study when it has or transmits energy, and heat is what makes a body or matter have or transmit energy. Absolute zero (-458 F) is the total absence of heat. You see, sir, cold is only a word we use to describe the absence of heat. We cannot measure cold. Heat we can measure in thermal units because heat is energy. Cold is not the opposite of heat, sir, just the absence of it."

(stay tuned for section lll)
Excellent retort, but still slightly short of productive.

The student needs to proceed from here to explain that having the concept of cold enables the measurement of different heats, since without the concept of cold, you would always have the idea that you had measured the only heat (unopposed) there was to measure.

From there it is a small step to state that actually, believing something by faith increases one's capacity for any kind of proof.
I am only posting here, so as to keep all '4' sections of this message together.  Sorry, I do not know any other way to accomplish keeping the whole thread together, due to the 450 max word clause.

In Messiah, Shalom to one and all.  Arley
The whole story is in the first section folks.  Sorry for my goof-up.

In Messiah,  Arley