Bible Options Bible Study Software
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prophet and Messiah?
Do Christians believe Jesus is both a prophet and the messiah?

If so, what prophecies of his came to pass?

And, if "yes", why would G-d send Himself to be a prophet?

Honest questions,  here....

Todah.
Sheitl Queen Wrote:Do Christians believe Jesus is both a prophet and the messiah?

Todah.

the greatest one is when Jesus told see this building here? not one stone shall lay on top another.

Jesus was refering to the temple and it was destroy in 70 ad and there was like he said not one stone on top of the other.

everrything was destroy all the gold melted between the cracks of the stones.

some  people speak about the walling wall but this was not part of the temple but more of a leading way to it.
Sheitl Queen Wrote:Do Christians believe Jesus is both a prophet and the messiah?

Todah.

In the trinty we do not believe jesus is The Father but are one in essence.

The father work through his son and his son spoke whatever his Father command him to do.

there are many times jesus refers God as his father there also many times Jesus refers himself to be God also.

Messiah is the Prophet!

According to Havah's revelation of Genesis 3:15 as stated from the very beginning in Genesis 4:1.

Gen 4:1 
 And Adam knew Eve his wife; and she conceived,
and bare Cain, and said, I have gotten a man the LORD.

Havah's revelation regarding the person of Messiah was correct (for only G-d can be the true Saviour) but her timing was wrong which is why she named the second twin Abel (vanity) is not Him we must wait for the seed!

Messiah is far above all the Prophets as He humbled Himself and came down to redeem Adam. Goats hair in the Tanakh represents Messiah Yeshua the Prophet (Jesus the Prophet).

I think people will drown you with scripture references from the Tanakh to this question but I would like to leave you with a small extract from the new testament book written to Hebrews.

Heb 3:1-11 NIV Therefore, holy brothers, who share in the heavenly calling, fix your thoughts on Jesus, the apostle and high priest whom we confess.  (2)  He was faithful to the one who appointed him, just as Moses was faithful in all God’s house.  (3)  Jesus has been found worthy of greater honour than Moses, just as the builder of a house has greater honour than the house itself.  (4)  For every house is built by someone, but God is the builder of everything.  (5)  Moses was faithful as a servant in all God’s house, testifying to what would be said in the future.  (6)  But Christ is faithful as a son over God’s house. And we are his house, if we hold on to our courage and the hope of which we boast.  (7)  So, as the Holy Spirit says: Today, if you hear his voice,  (8)  do not harden your hearts as you did in the rebellion, during the time of testing in the desert,  (9)  where your fathers tested and tried me and for forty years saw what I did.  (10)  That is why I was angry with that generation, and I said, `Their hearts are always going astray, and they have not known my ways.’  (11)  So I declared on oath in my anger, `They shall never enter my rest.’ [Psalm 95:7-11]

Todah.
Specifically, for one,
Jhn 2:19-21 Jesus answered and said unto them, Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up. Then said the Jews, Forty and six years was this temple in building, and wilt thou rear it up in three days? But he spake of the temple of his body.

There are other things He said prophetically, as well. However, the end of the OT prophets ended with John the Baptist. Matthew 11:13 For all the prophets and the law prophesied until John.

Generally,
Yeshua is God. Anything man said prophetically that was God-inspired came at the Father's command, to man by the Spirit, through Yeshua since He is the Word. One God.

We not only believe that Yeshua is a prophet and Messiah, but also the heavenly high priest. I'm still confused at all the ideas packed into the concept of the Jewish Messiah, but Yeshua is also the King, if that isn't included. From Savior to God, from friend to King, from Lamb to Lion, He's our everything, and the Lover of our souls.
Sheitl Queen - post #1 Wrote:Do Christians believe Jesus is both a prophet and the messiah?

Todah.
Sheitl Queen,

Jesus' prophecy concerning the fall of Jerusalem came true.  Matthew 24:2; Mark 13:2; Luke 21:6.

[Jesus also told prophecies concerning the last days, as did the OT prophets].

But the most notable prophecy-come-true concerned His death and resurrection.  Matthew 16:21, 17:23, 20:19; Mark 9:31, 10:34; Luke 9:22, 13:32, 18:33.

Why would God send God to be a prophet?  Because He is Himself our God and our Savior.  Consider from the Song of Moses,

Exodus 15:11 - Who is like unto thee, O LORD, among the gods? who is like thee, glorious in holiness, fearful in praises, doing wonders?

Glorious in Holiness - Jesus Christ our High Priest
1 Chronicles 16:29; Psalm 29:2; Psalm 110:4; Hebrews 6:20

Fearful in Praises - Jesus Christ, the eternal King of kings
Psalm 47:6; Psalm 20:9; Isaiah 33:22; Micah 4:7; Revelation 11:15

Doing Wonders - Jesus Christ, the Prophet like unto Moses
Deuteronomy 18:16-19; Matthew 21:10-12; Luke 24:18-20; John 5:36; John 5:45-47

John 9:30 The man answered and said unto them, Why herein is a marvellous thing, that ye know not from whence he is, and yet he hath opened mine eyes.  31 Now we know that God heareth not sinners: but if any man be a worshipper of God, and doeth his will, him he heareth.  32 Since the world began was it not heard that any man opened the eyes of one that was born blind.  33 If this man were not of God, he could do nothing.  34 They answered and said unto him, Thou wast altogether born in sins, and dost thou teach us? And they cast him out.  35 Jesus heard that they had cast him out; and when he had found him, he said unto him, Dost thou believe on the Son of God?  36 He answered and said, Who is he, Lord, that I might believe on him?  37 And Jesus said unto him, Thou hast both seen him, and it is he that talketh with thee.  38 And he said, Lord, I believe. And he worshipped him.

Messiah must be glorious in holiness, fearful in praises, doing wonders, because He is the Son of God.

God bless.
To know the future makes you worthy of the title of a prophet: true.

To be the Essence of what is revealed in Future, this entitles you to a far greater name!

Truly He has made us prophets and champions to Himself, but He Himself is far greater.

Prophesies the Essence of the Future has made do include the destruction of the temple, but you must remember that the future unfolds in manifold ways. To say the prophesy about the destruction of the temple ended with the literal destruction of the temple would be like saying that the first episode of an anticipated series was over at the first episode. One parallel of what Yeshua said was that not a single member of the body of Christ will be held in greater esteem than any other.

And Yeshua makes prophesy today! Ask Him to reveal to you the future, He will by no means reveal to you less than the reality of a thing, the completion of it, the spirit of it and your unique relation to it. Every night my dreams are of things that happen the next day by His Hand.
ountain of fire hitting earth, Rev 8:5ff.  So it would be five months of tsunami, demons and sores for evil people, and darkness summer 2011?

So any way, what sounds nuts or just a parable could be a prophecy when all is said and done such as the mountain thrown into the sea, or a house built on sand (mt 7:6).

I will rewrite this as about the 3 woes of revelation in theology Lord willing so look there if you need clarification.
Half of this was missing where I said that the miles thick ice could be the abyss of Revelation 9:1-12 where the demons come out from, it is on sand and so it fits where JEsus says throw a mountain into the sea and it will obey you.  ALl believers may get a chance to yell psalm 8:2 and be part of a prophecy where fire makes Antarctica burn up.  So you see how  I am answering tha Mt 7:26 seems like  a parable but could be a prophecy.  If it is an ice mountain.

What if demons have been locked up in the miles thick ice there and will come out five months prior to the rapture?

Antarctica has 2555 meters deep ice in byrd land and would fit the demon cage of birds description in Revelation 18:2 in general principal even though it is not talking about the same thing.  Mountain and bird sounds the same it greek, so it may be prophetic robert byrd discovered this deep ice trench during the week of the 1929 stock  market crash.
This is what I feared would happen.