Bible Options Bible Study Software
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
In the body of Christ no Hanukkah?
(12-23-2008, 04:41 PM)Yetzirah231 Wrote: But was that realy the case? If still Paul and others come allong and claim: ''In the body of Christ (Church etc.), is no difference between Greek or Jew.'' Or even stronger, a Greek or Jew doesn't exist...

God is rich upon all who call on his name, I think to say Greek or Jew doesn't exist is a misunderstanding. There is Jew and Greek still, Apostle Paul said this explicitly and more than once.

(12-23-2008, 04:41 PM)Yetzirah231 Wrote: So did Paul nor Jesus Celebrated Hanukkah? THE purification from Hellenism. THE survival from a surpressing equality-culture. That we did win the war on the Greeks? That tries to force their way of Democracy etc. on all kind of cultures?

Hard to say if it was celebrated, Jesus taught in the Temple on this day.

(12-23-2008, 04:41 PM)Yetzirah231 Wrote: No thanks. Let Our Temple be THE temple. And I will not accept a Christian telling me that his Church or Law should be mine...

The Temple was destroyed, not once but twice, if keeping the law were so quaint so simple, then they should have never been destroyed.

(12-23-2008, 04:41 PM)Yetzirah231 Wrote: Or does only Paul has this kind of identity-crisis, for he was not 100% Jewish...
Anyway it's thought that Jesus celebrated Hanukkah, but for what then if it is about getting rid of the Greeks...?

Maybe read the book of Romans more?...Apostle Paul talks about what advantage the Jew has.

As for Hanukkah, Jesus taught on this Holy day, but technically for you who says you're truly Jewish. Why would you celebrate it? For what? It isn't even a commandment from God but a tradition of men...

Quote:Read Romans 14. Also, Paul means that the Church isn't a "Jews only" or "Greek only" society or community.

It's so sad. That the Paul forgot the meaning of Hanukkah, or that this answer is not understood.

The Almighty was o.k. with Greeks within a Jewish Land as long as they did do what is written in Torah, the Almighty is not against Greeks per definition.
But if Paul starts to put up Hanukkahbushes, than He indeed believes that Jews can do all kind of Greek things is not even what Paul ment I think.

Would Paul have agreed with the festivals of Mithras who was in legends from India till Rome? If Paul was against people calling Jesus Zeus, and if Paul was against certain Celtic traditions. He should have implied more Jewish traditions to new believers instead of mixing all kind of traditions I think.
(12-17-2011, 04:50 PM)Yetzirah231 Wrote:
Quote:Read Romans 14. Also, Paul means that the Church isn't a "Jews only" or "Greek only" society or community.

It's so sad. That the Paul forgot the meaning of Hanukkah, or that this answer is not understood.

The Almighty was o.k. with Greeks within a Jewish Land as long as they did do what is written in Torah, the Almighty is not against Greeks per definition.
But if Paul starts to put up Hanukkahbushes, than He indeed believes that Jews can do all kind of Greek things is not even what Paul ment I think.

Would Paul have agreed with the festivals of Mithras who was in legends from India till Rome? If Paul was against people calling Jesus Zeus, and if Paul was against certain Celtic traditions. He should have implied more Jewish traditions to new believers instead of mixing all kind of traditions I think.

Why keep tradition though? If you claim to be a Jew, then maybe focus on keeping what God says to do in His law, like building an altar out of earth like Moses did, and providing blood sacrifice, burnt offerings etc.

Tradition doesn't do anything for you.

Quote:Why keep tradition though? If you claim to be a Jew, then maybe focus on keeping what God says to do in His law, like building an altar out of earth like Moses did, and providing blood sacrifice, burnt offerings etc.

Tradition doesn't do anything for you.

It's not tradition, it was a commandment.
how Mozes did it was a temporary commandment untill the Temple was on the right spot. Long story to study.

Commandments should be followed, and in that sence does something to us.
But I'm not a Christian that claims that only faith works etc. That is not written in our commandments. He stays The Judge on all things, if it does anything to us or not.
(12-27-2011, 01:32 PM)Yetzirah231 Wrote: It's not tradition, it was a commandment.
how Mozes did it was a temporary commandment untill the Temple was on the right spot. Long story to study.

Commandments should be followed, and in that sence does something to us.
But I'm not a Christian that claims that only faith works etc. That is not written in our commandments. He stays The Judge on all things, if it does anything to us or not.

Hanukkah isn't tradition? And where does God reveal to a Prophet that what Moses did was only temporary until the Temple was on the right spot?

Yetzirah, you're saying the commandments should be followed, but yet, you can't back up that burnt offerings, altars and blood sacrifice aren't needed until the Temple is on the right spot using the Torah. I just did, over and over, and over again. Time and time again, I've shown where the Levites said these are the laws God gave to Moses, here they are all listed and we will follow them even before the foundations of the Temple were laid. That disproves anything you can possibly assert about not needing to keep blood atonement and the entire law using the Torah only.

Unless of course you want to go get some rabbinical writings, which is what it seems most non-believing Jews on here want to do to prove their points. That or they just post some op-ed and hope we will swallow it.