Bible Options Bible Study Software
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Right of Interpretation
When G-d gave the Torah to the Hebrew nation, he gave not only the written and oral Torah, but with it the right of interpretation.  It was to the Jews that this right was granted.  Nobody else has the right to interpret it differently; that constitutes a trespass against the Jewish Torah!

Thus, the Jews need to accept any messiah to make him valid.  Just like the Supreme Court of the United States, even an incorrect interpretation of the the law is binding!  That is, G-d's perfect law is in the hands of mere mortals!  That's how G-d willed it!

shlomo, Shalom.

If your statement, above, is absolutely correct, then we all may well be in trouble.  Michael Rood has a saying, that 'if you get two Jews in a room, you are sure to have at least three opinions' (or something to that effect).  I cannot find anything in Tanach where God says that mortals have the authority of God, to have authority over interpretation.  I see where it says that Israel was given the Oracles of God, to preserve, for completeness, but not 'over God.  I guess it is safe to say that your statement has me a bit confused, especially as to the 'accept any messiah' part.

Would you please elaborate a bit, for this empty head of mine?  Your statement almost makes me feel like I should be worshiping the Jews, so that they will allow a messiah to claim me.  Sorry if that sounds belligerent, by my brain does not like being told to go sleep behind the stove, because I have no say about what God's word says, especially when it comes to Emanuel HaMoshiach.

In Messiah, His Shalom, and guidance.  Arley
3000 jews believed in messiah at pentecost.

The Jews do believe in Messiah and the remnant continues.

Do the Jews believe in Messiah, yes and no.
Shlomo,
Your post makes me giggle a bit. Yes indeed, God interprets the scripture He gave and His Name is God the Holy Spirit, not Shlomo, Issac and Jacob.

Yes, like Arley said, you would have us worshipping you! :lol: *ROFL*
"It was to the Jews that this right was granted.  Nobody else has the right to interpret it differently; that constitutes a trespass against the Jewish Torah!"

The priests and judges had a right to specify details of conduct for the nation of Israel.  When Jesus came, those judges were unable to show that Jesus was not the Messiah.  Jesus thus was not rejected in a judgment by the Jewish judges.  His trial and condemnation was in direct violation of the Torah.  Jewish interpretation of the Torah did not include a right to condemn a person without agreement from two or three witnesses, for example.  Many of the judges and priests of Jesus day did accept Him and the Messiah after the resurrection.  So, if Jewish interpretation is what you are looking for, you have a positive Jewish verdict recorded in the New Testament and by your own standard you should accept that.  You can't put in modern Jewish interpreters such as Moses Maimonides and Rashi as an excuse to reject Jesus.  They are not in a position to evaluate the merits of Jesus.
Quote:Thus, the Jews need to accept any messiah to make him valid.

Jews were the FIRST to accept Him as messiah...the 12, then the hundreds, then the thousands.

I am sorry His People have turned to the "Aristolian Jew" all in an effort to discount the very One you STILL wait for.

Perplexed indeed.
Navyblue Wrote:shlomo, Shalom.

If your statement, above, is absolutely correct, then we all may well be in trouble.  Michael Rood has a saying, that 'if you get two Jews in a room, you are sure to have at least three opinions' (or something to that effect).  I cannot find anything in Tanach where God says that mortals have the authority of God, to have authority over interpretation.  I see where it says that Israel was given the Oracles of God, to preserve, for completeness, but not 'over God.  I guess it is safe to say that your statement has me a bit confused, especially as to the 'accept any messiah' part.

Would you please elaborate a bit, for this empty head of mine?  Your statement almost makes me feel like I should be worshiping the Jews, so that they will allow a messiah to claim me.  Sorry if that sounds belligerent, by my brain does not like being told to go sleep behind the stove, because I have no say about what God's word says, especially when it comes to Emanuel HaMoshiach.

In Messiah, His Shalom, and guidance.  Arley

not really, as all Orthodox, Conservative and Reform Jews agree on two things!!  JESUS IS NOT THE JEWISH MESSIAH, AND JESUS MOST DEFINATLY NOT G_D!

Why not try and learn what it is that Jews learn, rather then just argue with Jewish law!
ThomasDGW, Shalom.

You also say: "It was to the Jews that this right was granted.  Nobody else has the right to interpret it differently; that constitutes a trespass against the Jewish Torah!"

I truly do want to understand how God intended, but I am unable to find the collation of words, or verses that tells me what you say, from the Tanach.  I guess it is the part about (I paraphrase) dictating what God actually means that raises the 'red' flags in my mind.  Translating, now there I would understand, perhaps.  I trust in the Holy Spirit giving me my absolute, and final, guidance, and have a problem when men say: 'Trust me.'  

Awaiting some Biblical guidance, for better understanding.

In Messiah, His Shalom, and tutelage.  Arley
shlomo Wrote:When G-d gave the Torah to the Hebrew nation, he gave not only the written and oral Torah, but with it the right of interpretation.  It was to the Jews that this right was granted.  Nobody else has the right to interpret it differently; that constitutes a trespass against the Jewish Torah!

Thus, the Jews need to accept any messiah to make him valid.  Just like the Supreme Court of the United States, even an incorrect interpretation of the the law is binding!  That is, G-d's perfect law is in the hands of mere mortals!  That's how G-d willed it!
I think that's what G-d is waiting for?
shlomo Wrote:When G-d gave the Torah to the Hebrew nation, he gave not only the written and oral Torah, but with it the right of interpretation.  It was to the Jews that this right was granted.  Nobody else has the right to interpret it differently; that constitutes a trespass against the Jewish Torah!

Deuteronomy 18;15 speaks of Moses telling of Yehoshua, as one will come like himself! Are you saying the Jews have the right to elect G-d's annointed?, or does G-d? I think many prophets were stoned from that thinking!, Even Moses was rejected, just like Yeshua! Your similarities in rejection fits !The law is only binding when it is G-d's Law!, and when man's law contadicts G-d's law ; what law will you obey?G-d does not respect men!, and those who obey G-d are His Chosen!Surely Israel is the first chosen, but will Israel choose to obey the Father?