Bible Options Bible Study Software
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Request for Prayers?
I will bless the Lord at all times ; His voice shall continually be in my mouth. My soul shall make her boast in the Lord.The humble shall hear thereof and be glad !Oh maginify the Lord with me, and let us rejoice in His name. I sought the Lord and He heard my cry, and delivered my soul from all fear! Blessing's; Whom shall we fear when we are your's Jesus?
Please pray for family member. Life at University can be challenging and having an activist mother doesnt always make it easy. My family member was very rude to me and another family member the other day and I was pretty unkind too. Please pray for this situation. I need God to give me wisdom, understanding, compassion, and the knowledge to know what to do because I am not having much of it right now. Thank you.
HOPE7 Wrote:Please pray for family member. Life at University can be challenging and having an activist mother doesnt always make it easy. My family member was very rude to me and another family member the other day and I was pretty unkind too. Please pray for this situation. I need God to give me wisdom, understanding, compassion, and the knowledge to know what to do because I am not having much of it right now. Thank you.
Will pray for your compassion& understanding! Try to think what the heart of origination is where the resentment begins, and not the reaction. Sometimes anger is a reaction of a hurting spirit, and finding the beginning source of that hurt can find the understanding words to answer! Blessings and prayers to you Hope. Sometimes love shown when resentment is expected will break the spirit . It is a spiritual battle we face!WWJD?
Please pray for me I am being told I am dishonoring my Mother.
in so many words, I received this letter:
   {{{{Kim:
May I direct your heart to the following:  Leviticus 19:3 - "Each of you must respect his mother."  If we profess to follow Christ and serve Him, how can we not follow His teaching?
I understand you think your counsel is the best...you know how others should live; however,
the Word says we are to "respect our mothers"...are you showing respect for your mother?
That is a question you must answer to God, not to me.
I am your friend, and wish to remain your friend whatever your response to this question.
However, how we treat our mothers is a witness for Christ...either a positive one or a negative one.
May God be with you.  Let me know if you need assistance with anything.  May Christ truly touch your heart and your conscience so you may truly show His love to everyone with whom you come in contact.
Your friend,
(name withheld)}}}}}}}}
I cannot understand this note, on one level, because My mother used me and my money at a time I was without a job to get her and her brother into an apartment.  A time that lead me to having to sell my blood plasma in order to pay the writer, above, weekly rent to stay in
her apartment.  My Mother wanted to spend time with me at bingo, I could not afford but did so on occassion, (to please her and be a 'good' daughter).  All the while I was job hunting, turning down a job in New Mexico, first to help my Mother with her need for a place, then in order to find out why I have "multiple hypodensities on both kidneys and my liver"  I took a job locally, I moved into an apartment nearby my Mother, and I was then confounded to find she neglects herself in pursuit of making my Uncle 'happy' with his sports betting and his pain medications.
She would not buy new shoes for the winter and the snow.  She would not buy a coat for the cold weather, she would not buy undergarments to this day...for herself.  And the most purplexing of all...it took me three months to get her to buy a chair for her living room so that she could stop sitting on folding chairs...you see my Uncle has a wheelchair and doesn't need a chair in the living room.  So her need could be 'put off'.  She refused to get driver's license changed, tags for her car, and new medical insurance coverage in kansas because she now was out of area having moved from californina.  I have been trying to talk her into getting a home health aide for my Uncle so she can retire.  The VA has allowed in my Uncle's monthly pension extra funds for a caregiver.  My Mother has assumed that role for no compensation.  My Uncle now has greater funds to spend sports betting. and they love the lottery! and the scratchers!  ((continued in another post))
((((Please Pray for me, continued.....))))

My hands are sufficiently tied by my Mother.  I cannot help her, She flat out refuses to let me get durable power of attorney, having been told by my uncle and family friend I don't need it in order to be of help to her.  I do not want to ignore the problems and just go on spending spree's with her on every day off that I have.  She will spend money all the time if she has it, and has borrowed from me, when she doesn't.  They even go to food banks to cut costs...four of them once a month...(to my dismay, I showed them where they were, and now they just keep using them, even though they make 2.5 times what I make a month between them.
Please pray for me, there is drug use involved.  My uncle is now using morphine. and will share his meds with his drug buddy, via my mother driving down and delivering the medications to him.  
You see, beloved, I am too close to the problem to be effective.  I cannot be my Mother's pal and not get her own osteoporosis pain issues and her personal care needs taken care of.  
Honor!  is my new catch phrase.  I am not dishonoring her, I am doing what the LORD has told me to do.  In so many words He said "distance yourself"
thanks for your prayers.
bye for now,
kimberly
It is hard to control anyone. To change someone; espesially a family member is like trying to stop the wind from blowing. When our parents become old ; they become the child, and we the parent. It is quite distressing standing up to take authority when the roles reverse., and it is hard to see your loved ones suffer from ignorance. My sister is an alcoholic [2 liters a day of vodka] and I don't have legal authority to intervene to save her. Our family are those who obey G-d's word , and all we can do sometimes is let go, and let G-d. Letting go is the hard part, but if we don't He cannot take the burden to fix the problem. We will pray for your situation. Sometimes tough love hurts us more than the person we give it to, but always be there when they are ready to change! Shalom
Thank you. G*d heard our prayers. I woke up knowing what to do the other day and called my family member and apologized for any hurtful remarks and took them out to breakfast. What a nice time we had and I know that it will be a memory they will cherish forever. Thank you for praying. Doing the right thing is always right no matter how we feel about it.
I am praying for the other members parent situation now. It seems a bit worse than mine was but not impossible for G*d to remedy. Once as a nurse I wrote on my hands, Trust G*d, and Thank G*d, one on the palm of my left and one on the palm of my right hand and when I felt distressed I would just look at my hands. It worked for most of the day in calming me and focusing on G*d helps alot. Eventually I washed it off but the memory of it remains with me. G*d says he writes our names on his palms. How lovely is that?
Praise the Lord. I finished the New Testement. I cant believe it. I actually started something and finished it too. That feels so good. I just really loved it all. My favorites ones where John, Hebrews, Phillipians, and as strange as it seems Revelations. G*d bless you. Shalom.
Yes Robert;

I am not approaching my Mother, or Uncle;  the need for the LORD to intervene is so great.  I cannot do anything for them, other than ENABLE them to continue in their path...this is not honor, in my mind, it is not responsible, in the least.  
I had my Mother come to my workplace a week ago, and ask people at the front desk to find me, and tell me she needed to go to the emergency room.  I came rushing out and took her, loosing 8 hours of work, and taking an absence on my permanent record, just to have all the tests ...4 hours worth...result in no abnormalities.  NONE.  basically she had an anxiety attack.  and though it is better safe than sorry, for the most part...it is sad that she was asked at the emergency room if I had power of attorney and she told them yes!  (((as you know, I was told no by my Mother and I do not have power of attorney!)))
It is not a matter of If I will be available to my Mother when she needs me, it is NOT HAVING ANY RESOURCE TO HELP HER!! that is my broken heart.  She will lie/fabricate stories in the hopes no one will question, she will tell anyone who will listen that I have authority that I do not have, and if I ask her to let me get that...she will tell me no!

I keep my distance, but I am not out of the picture our apartments face each other across a parking lot.  And I will not turn her away if she really needs me.  But, Robert...I cannot help her and will not just go 'shopping' in the mean time.  It is not the answer to the problem.

bye for now, and thank you so much for your prayers.

the honorable, dishonorable  daughter to some,
kimberly
4everhisown Wrote:Yes Robert;

I keep my distance, but I am not out of the picture our apartments face each other across a parking lot.  And I will not turn her away if she really needs me.  But, Robert...I cannot help her and will not just go 'shopping' in the mean time.  It is not the answer to the problem.

bye for now, and thank you so much for your prayers.

the honorable, dishonorable  daughter to some,
kimberly
There is no dishonor in failing, do not feel defeated because you cannot change your mother. To try and fail is to know defeat, to try and win is to know victory, but to never attempt either is to live in lukewarmness, and live in a emotionless greyness that feels nothing. I had an anxiety attack that I thought was a heart attack .My blood pressure went to 190/160, and it felt horrible.Also it was a result of our son needing a $150,000,00, for a court case for lawyers. But you might consider an anti deppressant; Lexapro,Effexor, Amitriptaline, etc.[ keep away from depressants, [alcohol, valium, and such,  narcotics] talk to her doctor to stabilize the seratonin levels. Some women when they get older , and have hysterectomies, etc. throws thier brain chemistry off! I believe G-d created men to make drugs for good. If it makes a persons quality of life better , then it's of G-d. The Bible talks of pharmesuticals, but used for evil, and abuse, but used correctly they are heaven sent I believe. Blessings on this day of Christs ressurection! Shalom;Will keep praying!
HOPE7 Wrote:Thank you. G*d heard our prayers.  I am praying for the other members parent situation now. It seems a bit worse than mine was but not impossible for G*d to remedy. Once as a nurse I wrote on my hands, Trust G*d, and Thank G*d, one on the palm of my left and one on the palm of my right hand and when I felt distressed I would just look at my hands.  G*d bless you. Shalom.

Hope7;  You remind me of a story of a very wealth man who was out one time, with a friend and the friend was amazed to see this wealthy man stoop down and pick up a penny in the middle of the sidewalk!  when his friend asked, the wealthy man took out the penny and showed it to his friend and asked him,'what does it say?'  His friend said "in G-d we trust."  And that was why the wealthy man stooped for a penny, because of that ...because of whom he trusted...  
I know it is just a story, but you did it yourself.  A constant reminder in times of distress.  You gave yourself a 'word' of peace in the storms.  Thank you for your prayers, and remember He is not surprised by our shortcomings.  He has overcome the world and is wanting only to reconcile us to Himself.

In Christ,
kimberly