Bible Options Bible Study Software
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Casting out demons in Jesus name
Krisi,

My experience is that Satan cannot create anything.  He can only copy.  So when stated He is the great deceiver, the father of lies not only is this true but easiest to dipict as a great copycat.  I believe that there is the TRUE BODY OF CHRIST and the false body of christ.  I do believe that they are so deceived that they truly believe that they are within the TRUE BODY OF CHRIST. This is part of God's plan.  God created us to have a personal relationship with HIM.  But it is a choice.  There is no choice with the enemy.  The enemy will always lead us to death.

The Holy Spirit is my teacher.  I must discern between the enemy and the Holy Spirit at all times.  I never read anything, have a conversation with anyone or watch TVorDVD's etc without taking it to the Holy Spirit in prayer.  I ask the ONLY SPIRIT OF TRUTH if this is true or not.

(02-16-2009, 01:05 PM)Navyblue Wrote: Krisi, Shalom.

You ask: "So has the devil let people use his power making them think they are saved...is this possible (according to what Jesus said)? "

Yep!  Satan will think he has gotten one over on Jesus, but he, and the poor sinner, thinking they are saved, and not, will be rejected, perhaps from the 'wedding' dinner?

Following string through a tight, complex knot, is not easy to untie.

In Messiah, His Shalom, and patience.  Arley

Part two :
However, my understanding of this circumstance according to scripture is that all disciples of Jesus have the ability by faith in the authoritative name of Jesus Christ to command an evil spirit to leave. It is an instruction by Jesus to his first century disciples. Refer to Luke chpter 10

"And the seventy returned again with joy, saying, Lord, even the devils are subject unto us through thy name."(Luke 10:17 KJV)

Then he called his twelve disciples together, and gave them power and authority over all devils, and to cure diseases. (Luke 9:1 KJV)

And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues; (Mark 16:17 KJV)

And by faith

Of the man who did not follow after the Apostles, yet Jesus said Mark 9:38-40 KJV

And John answered him, saying, Master, we saw one casting out devils in thy name, and he followeth not us: and we forbad him, because he followeth not us. But Jesus said, Forbid him not: for there is no man which shall do a miracle in my name, that can lightly speak evil of me. For he that is not against us is on our part. (Mark 9:38-40 KJV)

And Luke 9:49, 50 KJV

And John answered and said, Master, we saw one casting out devils in thy name; and we forbad him, because he followeth not with us. And Jesus said unto him, Forbid him not: for he that is not against us is for us. (Luke 9:49, 50 KJV)

As well as Galatians 3:5 KJV

He therefore that ministereth to you the Spirit, and worketh miracles among you, doeth he it by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith? (Galatians 3:5 KJV

My understanding is that is faith in the authority and power of Jesus Christ by the  baptized disciple OR the beluever who is relationship with Jesus, I base this on the above scriptures, 1st He sent out the 12, then the 70, and then an example of disciple who followed not after the 12 but did such a miracle in Jesus name.

The glory is completely the authority of Jesus Christ -His Power - ALL POWER, not the human being/disciple.
Its important to respond to such and important question 100 % by the Holy King of King's words for a definitive answer from SCRIPTURE Not by opinions of men

Yeshua / Jesus said a kingdom divided against itself CANNOT stand. Therefore it may be an evil spirit may pretend, or deceive. A kingdom will not do something against its
own interest.

Can it happen that some Jews can cast it out? there is an indication it can happen from scripture, but ultimately it is the power of Almighty God. It is His Power , His GLORY The God of Mt Sinai is Jesus, he said He is I AM . Blessed be His Holy name !! Baruch Hashem Adonai
the ultimate thing is faith in Jesus the Christ, a close relationship.
There are instances requiring fatsing and prayer however , for instance reference

19Then the disciples came to Jesus privately and said, “Why could we not drive it out?” 20And He said to them, “Because of the littleness of your faith; for truly I say to you, if you have faith the size of a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it will move; and nothing will be impossible to you. 21[“But this kind does not go out except by prayer and fasting.”]

And Mark 9:29

And when he was come into the house, his disciples asked him privately, Why could not we cast him out? And he said unto them, This kind can come forth by nothing, but by prayer and fasting. (Mark 9:28, 29 KJV)

AS FAR as who can cast out demons in the first century church, it is clear that Jesus gave authority and power to cast out to 1) the 12 disciples 2) the SEVENTY AND THE there is a CLEAR scripture of a man whomcadt out demonsnin Jesus name that did not follow after the Apostles see Mark 9:38-40 KJV AND Luke 9:49, 50 KJV

Yeshua / Jesus said "forbid him not". Stating : " Forbid him not: for there is no man which shall do a miracle in my name, that can lightly speak evil of me"

FAITH AND RESPECT FOR HIS HOLY NAME AND CHARACTER WAS THE FACTOR MENTIONED IN SCRIPTURE.