Bible Options Bible Study Software

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Casting out demons in Jesus name
02-15-2009, 05:29 PM
Casting out demons in Jesus name
When Jesus cast out demons, he was accused of casiting them out through the power of Satan. However, Jesus rebuked them and said that it wasn't possible because if Satan cast out Satan; then he is divided against himself and that kingdom can not withstand.

However, Jesus also tells us that everyone that says Lord,Lord to me won't go to heaven. They will say but we did many wonders in your name, cast out demons, etc. And Jesus tells them to be gone, he never knew them.

So my question is if they cast out demons in Jesus name, and Jesus never knew them, then they couldn't have been using the power of Jesus right? When someone tried to cast out demon in New Testament using Jesus name, that demon didn't know him and can into him. So has the devil let people use his power making them think they are saved...is this possible (according to what Jesus said)?
Find all posts by this user
02-16-2009, 12:10 PM
RE: Casting out demons in Jesus name
Krisi,
Satan is the Master Deceiver and Father of Lies. So yes, people can use Satan's power and pretend this or that, but, this is my opinion only since I can't read hearts, those who do such things also probably know they don't belong to God but are, in fact, charlatans claiming sonship. I see many on TV who I believe are either that kind of charlatan or are willfully going after monetary gain by using our Lord's name.

Krisi, I see you asking a lot of questions here on the board. May I suggest another method of having your questions answered in addition to posting? When I was a very young Christian and had questions like yours, I would pray for an answer but keep the question in my heart, to myself. The answers came, and then I knew they were from God.

I can tell you read the Bible. Continue to read it thoroughly and ask the Holy Spirit to teach you TRUTH. Study the book of Proverbs and ask the Holy Spirit to teach you wisdom and understanding.

Shalom.

We are happy, happy sheep because we are called by His Name.
02-16-2009, 01:05 PM
Krisi, Shalom.

You ask: "So has the devil let people use his power making them think they are saved...is this possible (according to what Jesus said)? "

Yep!  Satan will think he has gotten one over on Jesus, but he, and the poor sinner, thinking they are saved, and not, will be rejected, perhaps from the 'wedding' dinner?

Following string through a tight, complex knot, is not easy to untie.

In Messiah, His Shalom, and patience.  Arley

In Messiah, Man the Wall, Set the Watch, Scan the Sky, Sound the Shofar, Our Redemption Draws Nigh!
(Isa 40:28) Have you not known? Have you not heard? YHVH is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He does not faint or grow weary;
02-17-2009, 12:33 PM
Look at that scripture again...

The sons of Sheva said

Act 19:13 Then certain of the vagabond Jews, exorcists, took upon them to call over them which had evil spirits the name of the Lord Jesus, saying, We adjure you by Jesus whom Paul preacheth.

Jesus said if you asked anything in His Name it would be done however these men showed there ignorance by adding "whom Paul preacheth"
If they had commanded them to come out in  Jesus Name and left it at that the evil spirits would have come out.

Using the Name of Jesus and knowing how to use it with Power is like having an AK47 and not knowing where the safety is...it can get you into serious trouble when you come up against an enemy soldier..in the case of the sons of Sheva they had the power but did not know how to use it.

Act 4:19  But Peter and John answered and said unto them, Whether it be right in the sight of God to hearken unto you more than unto God, judge ye.
02-18-2009, 04:20 PM
My grandson went to school and he said there was an obnoxious girl shouting and being a brat. He said; Come out of her Satan! I asked him; Did that work?, and he said ;No, she just punched me in the stomach!
02-18-2009, 05:22 PM
krisi Wrote:When Jesus cast out demons, he was accused of casiting them out through the power of Satan. However, Jesus rebuked them and said that it wasn't possible because if Satan cast out Satan; then he is divided against himself and that kingdom can not withstand.

However, Jesus also tells us that everyone that says Lord,Lord to me won't go to heaven.  many wonders in your name, cast out demons, etc. And Jesus tells them to be gone, he never knew them.

So my question is if they cast out demons in Jesus name, and Jesus never knew them, then they couldn't have been using the power of Jesus right? When someone tried to cast out demon in New Testament using Jesus name, that demon didn't know him and can into him. So has the devil let people use his power making them think they are saved...is this possible (according to what Jesus said)?

They will say but we did,but did they? Hebrews is a clue.

DEUTERONOMY 4:31 (For the LORD thy God [is] a merciful God) he will not forsake thee, neither destroy thee, nor forget the covenant of thy fathers which he sware unto them.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-19-2009, 02:07 PM
Krisi-
What particular text are we looking at?

Be carefull about casting out demons.  You can get into big trouble now adays if you try it.  Somebody might be trying to trick you to get you into trouble.  This might have happened to me once.

God bless you.

Former Baptist now Messianic into Apocalyptic stuff.

I wouldn't care to recieve any emails or PM's.
02-19-2009, 07:05 PM
I've never cast out any demons; nor have I tried. I don't even know anyone who has ever been possessed (unless I was just unaware of it). I was just trying to understand the scripture..how one can cast out in his name and not be saved (using other power than his), because he said that Satan can't use Satan's power for casting out because that would be a divided kingdom (that's how he defended what power source he used).
02-19-2009, 07:28 PM
krisi Wrote:So my question is if they cast out demons in Jesus name, and Jesus never knew them, then they couldn't have been using the power of Jesus right? When someone tried to cast out demon in New Testament using Jesus name, that demon didn't know him and can into him. So has the devil let people use his power making them think they are saved...is this possible (according to what Jesus said)?
Hello Krisi, Luke 9:49 talks about John confronting Jesus about another man casting devils in His name, and John forbid him to do so because the man didn't follow with them. Luke 9: 50, says Jesus said to the diciples; Forbid him not; for he that is not against us is for us! We all live in this world and acomplish small and great tasks sometimes, but Charity; Love, is where our crowns lie in Heaven. I do not believe you can count them on a paper, and number them, and plan them to count your good deeds. They must be done from compassion, and love for another or they are scatterred like leaves in the wind. Charity is the basis of Yeshua, not works! and it is the heart ;not great works or miracles that make us special in G-d's eye's. I like your questions by the way. It brings about reasoning, and reveals hidden words we normally wouldn't think about.Test the Spirit; Shalom# ps; Hows your Grandmother?
02-19-2009, 07:35 PM
RE:  Casting out demons in Jesus name
Robert Wrote:My grandson went to school and he said there was an obnoxious girl shouting and being a brat. He said; Come out of her Satan! I asked him; Did that work?, and he said ;No, she just punched me in the stomach!

I thought that mean girl grew up with me.  Ha.

Good story, but right on as to what would happen.

In Messiah, His Shalom, and humor.  Arley

In Messiah, Man the Wall, Set the Watch, Scan the Sky, Sound the Shofar, Our Redemption Draws Nigh!
(Isa 40:28) Have you not known? Have you not heard? YHVH is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He does not faint or grow weary;