Bible Options Bible Study Software
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Poll: Jew or Gentile?
I have a Jewish birthmother but was adopted into a Christian home when I was six . So I'm a Hebrew Christian you could say . .... I thought I knew what a messanic Jew was and thought that was me ( at textbook definition I'm of Jewish decent and believe Jesus to be my messiah ) until I read all these posts and am now not so quick with the label till I get more info .
. I've never touched a Torah , wouldn't know where to find one and Im guessing shalom means hello ... Yeah probably a disgrace to you pros but I've never even glanced at the Jewish faith because I love Jesus Christ and worship him as much as I do the Lord God and I thought that was a deal breaker . ( I should probably mention today is the first day I have even heard of Jews for Jesus ) so yeah Jewish decent and Jesus is my messiah . Messianic Jew ? I dunno .
(11-25-2012, 09:44 PM)Beci Wrote: I have a Jewish birthmother but was adopted into a Christian home when I was six . So I'm a Hebrew Christian you could say . .... I thought I knew what a messanic Jew was and thought that was me ( at textbook definition I'm of Jewish decent and believe Jesus to be my messiah ) until I read all these posts and am now not so quick with the label till I get more info .
. I've never touched a Torah , wouldn't know where to find one and Im guessing shalom means hello ... Yeah probably a disgrace to you pros but I've never even glanced at the Jewish faith because I love Jesus Christ and worship him as much as I do the Lord God and I thought that was a deal breaker . ( I should probably mention today is the first day I have even heard of Jews for Jesus ) so yeah Jewish decent and Jesus is my messiah . Messianic Jew ? I dunno .

Of course you are a Messianic Jew, a Hebrew Christian, or Christian Smile It is like you said: at textbook definition I'm of Jewish decent and believe Jesus to be my messiah. We tend to distinguish ourselves according to our Hebrew ethnicity along with believing Christ is Messiah. After all, you are apart of the remnant spoken of and that is a big deal.

Anyway, Shalom means Peace. So Shabbat Shalom! Means Peaceful Sabbath! Or Peaceful day of rest!

Anyway, welcome!