Bible Options Bible Study Software
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fire in Shabbath
In Ex 35:3 we have the command to not do fire in Shabbath...I live in Romania...and in winter...I can not stay whitout fire...do I commit a sin?

Shalom!
Shammuel Wrote:In Ex 35:3 we have the command to not do fire in Shabbath...I live in Romania...and in winter...I can not stay whitout fire...do I commit a sin?

Shalom!

Quote:3. You shall not kindle fire in any of your dwelling places on the Sabbath day."

I guess it all comes down to what you consider "kindling" a fire.
Is it starting one, or is it also maintaining one?

If you are not Jewish, then Jewish law would not apply to you and
you would be better consulting your minister/priest or whoever
you normally ask questions of. If you don't have one...I guess it is
up to you to decide how to interpret it.
If you are Jewish maybe...  If you are not Jewish, than not.

You can create the fire before shabbath, and let it on within a stove or whatsoever.
If you realy might die from the cold, than live goes before everything.
So you can make fire, and even eat pork if you didn't eat for 20 days or so... :-)
No, brother, you do not commit sin.
Yetzirah231...you say something about gentiles...I understand that they don't neet to keep Tora? Aren't they haAdam? what did they should keep? Because if I look in my country...they hava two choice...or to reject Tora and be pegans or to keep Tora and return to Yeshua...whitout Tora everyoane goes to traditions(bed tradition) and I can't cay tah they knew Yeshua by looking to what they are doing...

Blessings...
Sorry for my english...I do my best....I'm just a beginner
Shammuel Wrote:Yetzirah231...you say something about gentiles...I understand that they don't neet to keep Tora? Aren't they haAdam? what did they should keep?
The Seven Noahide Laws

Well Shammuel, Romania has Jewish communities...

But I understand you ask it for a gentile...

First off all Ex.35 starts with God saying it to Israelites... not to all nations.
So there is allready the question if God ment the same for Adam and other nations...

Simply said there are the Laws of Noach (look in google for Bnei Noach or Noachites) that are the basic rules for people who want to deal with The Same God.
(I have websites in English/German/Italian if you want).

Judaism and God don't claim that you have to be Jewish to honour HIM. For at the end off days ALL NATIONS will come in His house of Prayer...  Nations is plural.
And I don't think that God ever invented all kind of names for Churches. So try to learn in the best places you can, and read a lot.

If you have other questions, feel free to ask
First of all, our righteousness in Yeshua is spiritual, and in our inner man, we are not subject to the ordinances of the earth.  This is explained in Colossians 2:11-3:17.  On the other hand, our life in the flesh is in this earth, and the Torah instructions are much to our benefit.  I believe that we should promote them in our society.  There are times when circumstances do not permit us to keep some.  For example, the Torah also instructs a man to stay out of the camp for the day when he is unclean, and take a bath before coming back to camp.  However, many of us are required to go to our jobs, so we cannot completely obey that command.  I believe that God looks on our heart and sees that we delight in His instructions and want to follow them.  Another example is the Sabbath command.  In the city I live, society has made it extremely difficult for anyone who wants to work on Sunday and observe the Sabbath on Saturday.  It was so difficult that the Jewish community here holds their religious services on Saturday, but observe their Sabbath rest on Sunday.  Another example is this case of eating pork, that the rabbis have decided to allow if someone has been starving for 20 days.  I don't accept all of the rabbinical guidelines and I would make exceptions in other ways, such as not offending a host if he invites me for dinner as a non-Jew, but I generally do not eat pork if I have any choice in the matter.

The Orthodox Jews do not care a fig if you as a non-Jew don't follow Torah, but I commend you for striving to do it.  It is good for life.  The Orthodox Jews allow a fire if it is started before the Sabbath and simply kept going.  That might be a good place for you to start when the weather is too cold to go without heat.  If you can do okay during the day, it might be a good idea to let the fire go out until nightfall to give everyone's lungs a rest.  I believe the main thing is to honor the Lord by making that day a different day, dedicated to Him, and as a refreshment of stopping business as usual.
ThomasDGW Wrote:There are times when circumstances do not permit us to keep some.  For example, the Torah also instructs a man to stay out of the camp for the day when he is unclean, and take a bath before coming back to camp.  However, many of us are required to go to our jobs, so we cannot completely obey that command.

First of all, that command only applies to Jews and secondly it doesn't apply nowadays anyway.

Quote:I believe that God looks on our heart and sees that we delight in His instructions and want to follow them.  Another example is the Sabbath command.  In the city I live, society has made it extremely difficult for anyone who wants to work on Sunday and observe the Sabbath on Saturday.

What Country are you living in that this should be the case? It can't be in any of the First World Countries.  

Quote:It was so difficult that the Jewish community here holds their religious services on Saturday, but observe their Sabbath rest on Sunday.

I've never heard anything so ridiculous in my life! No Orthodox Jew would ever observe the Sabbath on Sunday (except for those places where, due to the International Dateline, there are opinions that the Sabbath should be observed on that day).  

Quote:The Orthodox Jews do not care a fig if you as a non-Jew don't follow Torah,

It's just not required, period, except for the 7 Noahide Laws.