Bible Options Bible Study Software
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unleavened bread
"On the first day you shall have a holy assembly, and another holy assembly on the seventh day; no work at all shall be done on them, except what must be eaten by every person, that alone may be prepared by you."
                    Ex 12:16

Can you halp me to understand this? I can work in 16-20 Nisan? if yes...then..can I preoare food in 15 and 21 Nisan? Why Adonai let us to prepare food in thouse days?...we could prepare wit a day before...but if I can not work in 16-20 Nisan...that would be a reson for that...
Shammuel Wrote:"On the first day you shall have a holy assembly, and another holy assembly on the seventh day; no work at all shall be done on them, except what must be eaten by every person, that alone may be prepared by you."

Can you halp me to understand this? I can work in 16-20 Nisan? if yes...then..can I preoare food in 15 and 21 Nisan? Why Adonai let us to prepare food in thouse days?...we could prepare wit a day before...but if I can not work in 16-20 Nisan...that would be a reson for that...

First of all, this should not be of concern to anyone who isn't Jewish.

But I will explain the verse. On the Sabbath certain categories of constructive work are not permitted. These include lighting a fire and cooking.

The first and last days of Passover are festival days to which the Sabbath Laws also apply, save that G-d excluded from them anything needed for the preparation of food. So yes, food may be cooked on the 15 and 21 Nisan.
When the yeast eats sugar, yeast free bread recipes in order to avoid the use of honey, sugar and many fruits. During that period may, what is done with the recipes, which can be used as a substitute for pizza dough and other bread are low will be used.In contrast to the standard bread recipes, bread recipes, yeast free, tend to be much more effort. It took more time to allow the yeast to rise, since there is no yeast. This is extremely handy for those who work with them and the parallel effort is to maintain a healthy lifestyle.
Rabbi Yisroel ben Avrohom Wrote:
Shammuel Wrote:"On the first day you shall have a holy assembly, and another holy assembly on the seventh day; no work at all shall be done on them, except what must be eaten by every person, that alone may be prepared by you."

But I will explain the verse. On the Sabbath certain categories of constructive work are not permitted. These include lighting a fire and cooking.

The first and last days of Passover are festival days to which the Sabbath Laws also apply, save that G-d excluded from them anything needed for the preparation of food. So yes, food may be cooked on the 15 and 21 Nisan.

Thank you for saying that I dont have to worry about this too, being a gentile servant of G*d. I have enough to worry about in just having faith in G*d and staying out of trouble and mischief, anything thing extra and Id pop! Thank you , Thank you , Thank you. I lift you up and ask G*d to help you fulfill your vows too I just cant keep mine and yours both...too much for me.Shalom
(06-10-2009, 03:41 AM)Rabbi Yisroel ben Avrohom Wrote:

I respectfully disagree. Since it is the Eternal who commands this holy day as a perpetual memorial, then I understand that to mean everyone. When it is the instance of something commanded by men only (i.e. Purim and Hanukkah), is it only addressing the Jewish population. This is my understanding, and I do observe it as it is one of the 3 pilgrim feasts. Shy