Bible Options Bible Study Software
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is OBEDIENCE required to salvation?
Are those who teach about 'obedience' legalists?

I think one verse can reveal us much.

Heb 5:9  And being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him;

I think obedience is required to salvation, what do you think?

God bless you!
Then obey God and stop trying to seek righteousness through your own works, but rather through the works of Christ on the cross, his works, through faith in the blood of Christ; halleluiah.

The Lord taketh the so-called wise in their own craftiness, my legalistic friend. You would do good to pay attention. There is a veil over the eyes, ears and natural understanding of all who read the Scriptures with their own human understanding, and it cannot be properly interpreted but through the Holy Spirit, just as it says about itself, but which you also do not yet understand properly.

And God wrote the Scriptures this way deliberately; halleluiah.

God bless.

"Being justified FREELY by his GRACE through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus.

Whom God hath set forth as a propitiation through faith in his BLOOD, to declare HIS righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God.

Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? of works? NAY: but by the law of faith.

Therefore we CONCLUDE that a man is justified by FAITH without the deeds of the law."
- Romans 3:24-28

Rod777 Wrote:Are those who teach about 'obedience' legalists?

I think one verse can reveal us much.

Heb 5:9  And being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him;

I think obedience is required to salvation, what do you think?

God bless you!

It depends on what one is being obedient too. If God said that we are only saved by grace, not by works, through faith in the blood of Christ, not by faith in us keeping written commandments; faith in the work of Christ, not faith in our own works, which is indeed what the Scriptures say when properly discerned and interpreted, then is one 'obeying' God if one is trying to seek salvation through attempted obedience to written commandments/law?

The Lord taketh the wise in their own craftiness, my friend, and you would do good to meditate upon this.

This is why the Scriptures say that "line must be upon line, and precept upon precept" when reading and properly interpreting and applying the Scriptures. If God tells you that you are saved by grace, not by works, but then you come to a passage in the Scriptures that 'sounds' to the 'natural' human mind that one must obey written rules, laws and commandments in order to get eternal life and you then try to do so, then are you applying "line upon line and precept upon precept," or are you ignoring this absolute fundamental precept to once again go back to self-righteous legalism?

The Lord taketh the wise in their own craftiness.

(Continued...)
(Continue...)

"Whom shall he teach knowledge? and whom shall he make to understand doctrine? them that are weaned from the milk, and drawn from the breasts.

For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little
:

For with stammering lips and another tongue will he speak to this people.

To whom he said, This is the REST ye may cause the weary to REST; and this is the refreshing: yet they would not hear.

But the word of the Lord was unto them precept upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little; that they might go, and fall backward, and be broken, and snared, and taken.

Wherefore hear the word of the Lord ye scornful men, that rule this people which is in Jerusalem.

Because ye have said, We have made a covenant with death, and with hell are we at agreement; when the overflowing scourge shall pass through, it shall not come unto us: for we have made lies our refuge, and under falsehood have we hid ourselves;

Therefore thus saith the Lord God, Behold, I lay in Zion for a foundation a stone, a tried stone, a precious corner stone, a SURE FOUNDATION; he that believeth shall not make haste."
- Isaiah 28:9-16

God bless.

Love, Ruht
I believe obedience comes after one receive there  salvation. Obedience is the result of salvation not the cause for it.

People who obey Christ have eternal life but we must understand that this does not mean if we are disobedience we lose our salvation because if we can lose it that way there is something that we ourself can do to lose it but scripture it self puts God in all authority of salvation.

I believe a true christian when done something wrong acting out in disobedience will ask the lord to forgive them. I can not tell you how many times I made mistake and had return to the Lord.

There is no doubt the salvation is made by God alone, by grace, but this is not my point.
God did not propose salvation alone, He proposed one complex COVENANT based in Jesus blood.
The covenant has its precepts and laws to be observed.
I will quote you below a few verses to be read.
Ask God revelation and do not think God is a fool; fear God, because Jesus said He can cast you into the hell, and it is valid to believers or not.

Please, do not bother me with calvinism stuff, i studied it 12 years, i have no doubt, Calvin was a false master and already received the bill, check it out, have a good study.

Mat 7:19  
Rom 11:22
Mat 7:21
1Ti 5:12
Joh 9:31
Jas 2:17  
Rom 8:1  
1Pe 3:12  
2Pe 2:22  
1Jn 2:4
Mat 24:13
Rod777 Wrote:Heb 5:9  And being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him...

Then if you truly 'obeyed' him, then you would not be trying to justify yourself through your own efforts and works, but rather through his blood.

"Line must be upon line," my friend, and "precept upon precept," just as the Scriptures state about this; hallelluiah.

"Being justified FREELY by his GRACE through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus.

Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his BLOOD, to declare HIS righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God.

Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? of works? NAY: but by the law of faith.

Therefore we CONCLUDE that a man is justified by FAITH without the deeds of the law."
- Romans 3:24-28

You have faith in yourself keeping what you think are the written rules and laws of the Bible and Christ as you interpret them, for your attempt at salvation. But one is only saved by faith in the free gift of God through the blood of Christ redeeming us back to this same, free offer; halleluiah.

Grace is not a 'free chance' for salvation; grace is free salvation; halleluiah.

You faith is, in essense, in the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, the 'law' supplying such a 'knowledge'. But those whose faith is in the free flesh and blood of Christ who hung on a tree for our free forgiveness and eternal life, is in essence, in the free tree of life; halleluiah.

I therefore ask you: How was eternal life originally offered in the garden of Eden, as well, and what was 'offered' there as death? And once man were to ever eat from the original free tree of life, could they have ever then lost their eternal life afterwards (Hint: Genesis 3:22-24)?

God help you.
Rod777 Wrote:Heb 5:9  And being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him;

There is no doubt the salvation is made by God alone, by grace, but this is not my point.
God did not propose salvation alone, He proposed one complex COVENANT based in Jesus blood.
The covenant has its precepts and laws to be observed.
I will quote you below a few verses to be read.
Ask God revelation and do not think God is a fool; fear God, because Jesus said He can cast you into the hell, and it is valid to believers or not.

Please, do not bother me with calvinism stuff, i studied it 12 years, i have no doubt, Calvin was a false master and already received the bill, check it out, have a good study.

Mat 7:19  
Rom 11:22
Mat 7:21
1Ti 5:12
Joh 9:31
Jas 2:17  
Rom 8:1  
1Pe 3:12  
2Pe 2:22  
1Jn 2:4
Mat 24:13

thanks for the verses  had read them but  there one Thing.

Scripture puts out that we are created in Christ jesus to do good works.

Obediance works etc... come after we are already saved.

works is the result of someone salvation not the means for it.

The verses that you quoted lead me to believe if one is really saved by The grace of God not of anything they had Done then they will obey God.
Mat 13:30  Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn.

Ruht, Next sunday, go to your church and ask one question to all members of your church who are baptized who accepted Jesus as Savior and Lord.
Ask this: are you the tares or are you the wheat?
After you ask all of them, you will notice, all of them will answer you in loud and clear voice: _ I am the wheat!

Where are the TARES Jesus talked about?

Probably you will conclude, the TARES are those 'legalists' who teach that we need to obey God! obey God, what waste of time!

Paul one true master of Christianity wrote:

Gal 5:19  Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
Gal 5:20  Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,
Gal 5:21  Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

Was Paul wasting his time writing things like these?

Rod777 Wrote:Was Paul wasting his time writing things like these?

Paul was just like you, when his name was Saul.

Only the Holy Spirit can properly interpret the words of the Holy Spirit written through Paul, which is why you stumble so.

The Lord truly taketh the so-called wise in their own craftiness; halleluiah.

God help you.