Bible Options Bible Study Software
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Your top 5 favorite movies.
Hi!
I want to know your top 5 favorite movies. My top five favorite movies are listed below.
1. 300
2. Titanic
3. The Mummy
4. Transformer
5. Lord of The Ring
Old Yeller
Seasons of the Heart
Fiddler on the Roof
Jurassic Park 1,2,3,4...............
Star Trek movies
legendary journeys of Hercules and the series of Xena, the mummy trilogy, the series of walker Texas ranger and a lot more lol
Beware of Star Trek-Lord of the rings-funny as it sounds!I liked the special effects,and they are captivating, but wound up throwing the whole series in the trash.[They promote;G-d as a non specific entity,a G-d,  without G-d. Watch the JFJ video on subliminal hollywood.I would think my favorite movies would be; Dinner with a perfect stranger-Christian movie- [not the movie; A perfect stranger],the sequel to dinner with a perfect stranger-called; Another perfect stranger, Midway,rabbit proof fence,[The boy in the striped pajama's -tear jerker-], there is alot of great Christian movies, and many inspirational movies, like; Exodus-old timers - but great!-Christian movies.com
Azriel Wrote:Beware of Star Trek-Lord of the rings-funny as it sounds!I liked the special effects,and they are captivating, but wound up throwing the whole series in the trash.[They promote;G-d as a non specific entity,a G-d,  without G-d. Watch the JFJ video on subliminal hollywood.I would think my favorite movies would be; Dinner with a perfect stranger-Christian movie- [not the movie; A perfect stranger],the sequel to dinner with a perfect stranger-called; Another perfect stranger, Midway,rabbit proof fence,[The boy in the striped pajama's -tear jerker-], there is alot of great Christian movies, and many inspirational movies, like; Exodus-old timers - but great!-Christian movies.com

azriel  The lord of the rings is not a movie base on the bible or base on God. It was written by a christian who taken different myths from different times and combine them into one. If you have a problem with Mythology then just dont watch it.

The movie may have some christian values  but it not a one on one view on scripture
Based on how many times I've watched the DVDs:

1. Cast Away
2. The Pianist
3. The Mirror Has Two Faces
4. Robin Hood - Prince of Thieves
5. Apollo 13

=)
My top 5 favorite movies.
1.A Clockwork Orange
2.Dr. Strangelove
3.Sasquatch Gang
4.Snatch
5.Shawshank Redemption
Well I love all parts of Harry Potter...My top favorite Movies are ...
1) Titanic
2) Avatar
3)Transformer
4)The Deathly Hallows..
5)Resident evil 4
Not in any order among the top 5, I like documentary's too:

1. Movie: The Devil and Daniel Webster circa 1941.
2. In Search of Miracles: Against all Odds (Israel Survives)
--Hosted by Michael Greenspan
3. Documentary: Israel a Journey Through Time
--by Exploration Films

I also enjoy Films that support Psalm 19:1
"The heavens declare the glory of G-d; and the firmament show's his handy-work.":

4. The Privileged Planet--Illustra Media
5. Unlocking the Mystery of Life--Illustra Media

Granted all these are not eye-candy blockbuster secular stuff, however especially #4 & #5 is great for building a spiritual mind that will help you provide an answer to the naysayers you no doubt will meet in your life if you stay in the hope that is in Yeshua.

1 Peter 3:
14 But and if you suffer for righteousness' sake, happy are you: and be not afraid of their terror, neither be troubled;

15 But sanctify the L-rd G-d in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asks you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:

16 Having a good conscience; that, whereas they speak evil of you, as of evildoers, they may be ashamed that falsely accuse your good conversation in Christ.

G-d bless!
Heart 
sugarman Wrote:
Azriel Wrote:Beware of Star Trek-Lord of the rings-funny as it sounds!I liked the special effects,and they are captivating, but wound up throwing the whole series in the trash.[They promote;G-d as a non specific entity,a G-d,  without G-d. Watch the JFJ video on subliminal hollywood.I would think my favorite movies would be; Dinner with a perfect stranger-Christian movie- [not the movie; A perfect stranger],the sequel to dinner with a perfect stranger-called; Another perfect stranger, Midway,rabbit proof fence,[The boy in the striped pajama's -tear jerker-], there is alot of great Christian movies, and many inspirational movies, like; Exodus-old timers - but great!-Christian movies.com

azriel  The lord of the rings is not a movie base on the bible or base on God. It was written by a christian who taken different myths from different times and combine them into one. If you have a problem with Mythology then just dont watch it.

The movie may have some christian values  but it not a one on one view on scripture
Though I percieve them more as fairy tales, of good verses evil, I enjoy them at the same time,the beating up, blowing up stuff in 3D. There are many wise sayings, and many things not pertaining to G-D, like greek mythology and pagan god's, demigods they present as good and evil forces of nature fighting for the souls of men, but somewhere Yeshua gets left out. I suppose a wave of His hand and the bad guys would disappear in a flock of pigs over the cliff or something, and the good guys wouldn't have anybody to beat up or save so they would have to have internal conflicts , and shoot and mame one another instead where the story gets lost in depression? Anyway, a Short movie at the box office?Seriously , it's fine when we are grounded in our faith to watch these movies to interpret the subliminal message they invoke on our children, and to interact with our kids to help them decide that they will go to church, and not go to demi-god awareness meetings on the full moon equinox. What we fill our children with is what they will base their lives upon, just remember!Children are open vessels.There is more to a story than doing right or wrong. It;s knowing what is right and wrong, and what is fiction, but as an artist;never deny the creativity of artistic freedom. Just make sure were grounded into what to be creative about! I think my wife has the right perspective on it; She says; My gosh its a secular movie, Why in the heck do you expect anything from it, Your not evaluating a bible movie; Sheesh like dumb?Did you think they were going to hail Jesus when spiderman or superman shows up? I retain my dignity by saying; Yes my dear, but we must as Christians be wise as serpents, and at least  wiser than the serpents of the Dark Lord Sceptor ; Prince of the planet Nimbano of the Mirashi quadrant! The spaceship base planet that circles Uranus .She always looks at me funny and walks away!G-D help me! Shalom