Bible Options Bible Study Software
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Old v. New Covenant?
my name is Joel, this is my first post, i've been a Christian for 3 yrs or so now, alot of study, and serving God's Kingdom...

i've studied many different views on, hell, rapture, ect.. obviously there are many positions on these... and here lies my current study.. i've read some people say old covenant is for jews, new covenant is for gentiles... others say old covenant is until Christ 2nd coming.. new covenant is when He returns... others say.. old covenant is man obeying on man's own will... new covenant is God's will on our lives...

i'm very curious on the perspective from a Messianic Jew.. any input is appreciated.. scripture if possible... thx

i plan to be asking and reading through alot of the threads... thx.. again.. God Bless All
hewhoissaved Wrote:my name is Joel, this is my first post, i've been a Christian for 3 yrs or so now, alot of study, and serving God's Kingdom...

i've studied many different views on, hell, rapture, ect.. obviously there are many positions on these... and here lies my current study.. i've read some people say old covenant is for jews, new covenant is for gentiles... others say old covenant is until Christ 2nd coming.. new covenant is when He returns... others say.. old covenant is man obeying on man's own will... new covenant is God's will on our lives...

i'm very curious on the perspective from a Messianic Jew.. any input is appreciated.. scripture if possible... thx

i plan to be asking and reading through alot of the threads... thx.. again.. God Bless All

I'm not a jew but scripture records that new Covenant beginning when Jesus spilled his blood for us as the scripture says This is my blood of the New Covenant which is given for many.  

The idea that the old is for jews and the new is for gentiles is not biblical for The new testament says First for the jews and then for the gentiles.

as for hell as christians I dont think we should worry about what it  be like or what hell is because no matter what in any form it is, it is not good.
thanks for the response.. to follow up though.... i believe we don't obey the law to be saved "used loosely" but we obey all of God's law because we are saved... with that said... most Christians today, don't keep the biblical sabbath-7th day, and argue the point by using the scripture you quoted amongst others, when Christ made the new covenant by His blood free'd us from the all the law, and the 4th commandment goes out the window aswell, in this context is what my question revolves around and what exactly using scripture is the New Coventant vs. the Old Coventant.. if not doing away with the law as i see most believers define Old and New by this...

Old = Jews = Obey the Law

New = Gentile = Law doesn't matter (including the 4th)

thanks again for the response... any info appreciated...
I think that satisfies rescue plan for the old us.The God is dead and buried. I am always concerned about the religious people who can not entirely to dissociate, and we want to do some historical baggage in your Christian faith.
hewhoissaved Wrote:thanks for the response.. to follow up though.... i believe we don't obey the law to be saved "used loosely" but we obey all of God's law because we are saved... with that said... most Christians today, don't keep the biblical sabbath-7th day, and argue the point by using the scripture you quoted amongst others, when Christ made the new covenant by His blood free'd us from the all the law, and the 4th commandment goes out the window aswell, in this context is what my question revolves around and what exactly using scripture is the New Coventant vs. the Old Coventant.. if not doing away with the law as i see most believers define Old and New by this...

Old = Jews = Obey the Law

New = Gentile = Law doesn't matter (including the 4th)

thanks again for the response... any info appreciated...

it in my view that we are not under the law and nor can  we keep it.

This is a great link about it

http://fortheloveoftruth.wordpress.com/2...law-torah/
" i've read some people say old covenant is for jews, new covenant is for gentiles"

Who was at Sinai? Who did G-D give it, Torah, too?

This brings me to a question I have had for years and have yet to receive a good answer.

Jews have the Torah. Catholics were given the New Testament which Protestants borrowed. Muslims have the Koran, Mormons the Book of Mormon and others etc.

Protestants on the other hand were never given anything. They are thieves of other people’s books, customs and beliefs. They are a people who stand against everything that others hold Holy. This can only come from the Devil himself. They are the Anti-Christ

Avraham
"Protestants on the other hand were never given anything. They are thieves of other people’s books...They are the Anti-Christ"

This is what Avraham calls a question.
Avraham Wrote:" i've read some people say old covenant is for jews, new covenant is for gentiles"

This brings me to a question I have had for years and have yet to receive a good answer.

Jews have the Torah. Catholics were given the New Testament which Protestants borrowed. Muslims have the Koran, Mormons the Book of Mormon and others etc.

Protestants on the other hand were never given anything. They are thieves of other people’s books, customs and beliefs. They are a people who stand against everything that others hold Holy. This can only come from the Devil himself. They are the Anti-Christ

Avraham

what an ignorant post  of History  Catholicism dates to be form around 200-300 years after jesus existed! The NT was not given to catholics for that sect was not even around yet and there are many things protestant hold dear to heart that is very scriptural but catholics used tradition to verify scripture! should it not be the other away around, for protestant used scripture to verify everything.

If you really believe protestant stand against what is holy then you have no understanding  of protestant or it History.

"what an ignorant post  of History  Catholicism dates to be form around 200-300 years after jesus existed!"

"Historiography of early Christianity
Catholic tradition and doctrine holds that the Catholic Church was founded by Jesus Christ in the 1st century A.D. The New Testament records Jesus's activities and teaching, his appointment of the twelve Apostles and his instructions to them to continue his work.[11][12] The Church teaches that the coming of the Holy Spirit upon the apostles, in an event known as Pentecost, signaled the beginning of the public ministry of the Catholic Church.[13]"

Avraham
Avraham Wrote:" i've read some people say old covenant is for jews, new covenant is for gentiles"

Avraham

Ge:26:5: Because that Abraham obeyed my voice, and kept my charge, my commandments, my statutes, and my laws.