Bible Options Bible Study Software
Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Orthodox Jew surrenders to the Lord
Tongue 
Check out this testimony of Yo'el Ben David

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DEA3mBCFcus

Yoel Ben David has believed in Jesus since July, 2001. Yoel was born in Rehovot (about a 40-minute drive south of Tel Aviv) in Israel. He lived in the Caribbean for one year, England for 12 years and Paris, France for three years before returning to Israel at the end of 1998. His mother is Jewish and is from Morocco; his father, who is not Jewish, hails from Scotland. Yoel speaks, reads and writes English, French and Hebrew fluently. Before becoming a believer in Jesus, Yoel and his wife-to-be Adel spent time as part of the Hassidic Breslov movement. Now married, the Ben Davids have three children.

What do you think about this story?
chameleonz85 Wrote:Check out this testimony of Yo'el Ben David

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DEA3mBCFcus

Yoel Ben David has believed in Jesus since July, 2001. Yoel was born in Rehovot (about a 40-minute drive south of Tel Aviv) in Israel. He lived in the Caribbean for one year, England for 12 years and Paris, France for three years before returning to Israel at the end of 1998. His mother is Jewish and is from Morocco; his father, who is not Jewish, hails from Scotland. Yoel speaks, reads and writes English, French and Hebrew fluently. Before becoming a believer in Jesus, Yoel and his wife-to-be Adel spent time as part of the Hassidic Breslov movement. Now married, the Ben Davids have three children.

What do you think about this story?

Doesn't sound like he had much understanding of the Hebrew bible at all. If watching 'The Ten Commandments" for 3 hours every year at Passover was his knowledge of the Hebrew bible, then I can see why he was searching for G-d.

Hosea says "4:6 My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge; because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee, that thou shalt be no priest to Me; seeing thou hast forgotten the law of thy G-d, I also will forget thy children.

How long was Yoel and his wife a "Breslov"?

Also, what does jesus look like? He said that he saw him twice.

Is this really what you would call an "Orthodox Jew"?
Lack of knowledge is what began Yo'el's Journey. The Context of Hosea's words to the Priests and people of Israel does not apply here. Yo'el was not using Lack of Knowledge as an excuse to disobey like Israel was. He honestly did know until he searched.

Here is a full written story of Yo'el

http://jewsforjesus.org/publications/issues/18_02/02
Well he was not raised orthodox, and it seems his orthodox period was not that deep either. But o.k.
And Tenach is not an Old testament, and beard and payes are more connected to Torah than he seems to claim that everything is just tradition...

Even if he talks about Jesus he's not going even in depth where that truth is than realy. It's his choice but I see here more somebody switching feelings than actually knowing what he was chosing for in any part of his religious-travel. But maybe that is in his next video?
searchinmyroots Wrote:Also, what does jesus look like? He said that he saw him twice.

Never mind that; how did he know it was Jesus who appeared to him?

"What do you think about this story?"

"Another one bites the dust"

Avraham
Rabbi Yisroel ben Avrohom Wrote:
searchinmyroots Wrote:Also, what does jesus look like? He said that he saw him twice.

I know what He looks like having seen Him many times. I also know His Father.
He Jesus looks like God's Son.
what do i think?

Fantastic! Absolutely fantastic! A celebration is in order such that all other celebrations pale in comparison.
Avraham Wrote:"What do you think about this story?"

"Another one bites the dust"

Avraham

Who hath believed our report?  and to whom is the arm of the LORD revealed?

Thus saith the LORD, Keep ye judgment, and do justice: for my salvation is near to come, and my righteousness to be revealed.

In that hour Jesus rejoiced in spirit, and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes: even so, Father; for so it seemed good in thy sight.
Tanachreader Wrote:
Rabbi Yisroel ben Avrohom Wrote:

I know what He looks like having seen Him many times. I also know His Father.
He Jesus looks like God's Son.

"I know what He looks like having seen Him many times. I also know His Father."

What race is he?

Avraham