Bible Options Bible Study Software
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AntiChrist = Messiah?
This is something I've been thinking about lately. If those that haven't accepted Jesus as their Messiah and reject the New Testament's teachings all together. Still awaiting on the Messiah to come in glory as King. Are they open to deception from the Man of Perdition to come in the End Times spoken of in Daniel and Revelation? From my understanding of the prophecies he will bring peace and do other powerful things. Aren't these some of the things people expected Jesus to bring if he was the true Messiah?
I completely agree with your view. I am Cristian and Jesus is true messiah for me who always bring my words to god to fulfill my all needs.
Wonderful post!!
Funny I was just thinking that and saw your post.Your answer would be on; End of the world continued; post264, from Avraham. The answer is yes. He's still waiting for the Messiah to come showing signs and wonders. How easily the antichrist will decieve those Jews who have not had their spiritual vision restored. Just think if the wilfull king is a Jew? Nice to have you with us David!
Well Jews are still waiting, but as proven before we just don't accept a Messiah who doesn't fulfill all kind of promisses etc. Peace is one of the end-results, brought in the Messianic area, but not brought by the Messiah, for real peace comes from The Almighty alone.

For Jews, they often don't speak in terms like anti (what could mean 'against' or 'replacement' Messiah. a Messiah has to be annointed 3 times. It had to be done by a Sanhedrin-Priests, and the nation had to Agree, like King David was called Messiah for he was annointed 3 times. A person that was annointed only once was not recognized as a Messiah.
There is no Temple or Sanhedrin now, so Jews will not be easily distracted if commandments are not met beforehand.
Yetzirah231 Wrote:a Messiah has to be annointed 3 times. It had to be done by a Sanhedrin-Priests, and the nation had to Agree, like King David was called Messiah for he was annointed 3 times. A person that was annointed only once was not recognized as a Messiah.
There is no Temple or Sanhedrin now, so Jews will not be easily distracted if commandments are not met beforehand.
Some believe oil should be used to anoint only kings and priests; according to Scripture, however, believers in Yeshua as the divine Son of God and as their Savior and Lord are "priests" [1Pe. 2:5,9]; they are kings (by virtue of having the King of Kings "in them" [Gal. 2:20]); and they may justifiably view their being anointed with oil as a physical manifestation of their being filled continuously with the Holy Spirit [1Jn. 2:20; 2Co. 1:21-22]. Indeed, according to most Bible scholars, in God's Word anointing oil typically symbolizes the Holy Spirit. Furthermore, "ordinary" ancient Israelites anointed themselves and each other with oil [Ruth 3:3; 2Ch. 28:15; Dan. 10:3; Amos 6:6], and the B'rit Hadashah (Hebrew forNew Covenant) actually directs "ordinary believers" to do this [Mat. 6:17; James 5:14].                                    Many have suggested that the gold, frankincense, and myrrh represent the three roles of Yeshua respectively: King, Priest and Prophet.            This is one of the reasons our Savior first publicly announced Himself as the divine Messiah [Luke 4:18] by quoting Isaiah 61:1: "The Spirit of Adonai ELOHIM is upon me, because ADONAI has anointed me. It's why Peter and John and the followers with them, inspired by the Holy Spirit, publicly refer to Jesus (Yeshua) as the "Anointed One" [Acts 4:26,] Biblical versions translate: "Your holy Servant Yeshua, whom you anointed".Daniel 9:24-to annoint the most Holy!I have studied this and the verification seems endless, of course if you first believe in the G-D of Israel, and Yeshua.
Quote:Some believe oil should be used to anoint only kings and priests; ...........I have studied this and the verification seems endless, of course if you first believe in the G-D of Israel, and Yeshua.

Well it's very interesting.
But 'first believe' off course than there is no discussion about that, so than we don't need a forum etc. And if I would believe it, there is still no connection with the Ways in Tenach that somebody has to be annointed and recognized 3 times!

Jesus was only annointed once, by somebody that did not had a status in the Sanhedrin, Priesthood etc.
And indeed a lot of people in Tenach are annointed once or for illnesses etc. But that doesn't give somebody the title of Messiah or anointed one.

The system of prophets and priests predated the period of Kings, partly it was a replacement. And it never happened that a King would be also Priest. So that would be a new way in Judaism if God allowed it. But still it sounds weird that it should be all in one. Possible maybe?, but a new option without basis in the Law till now.
A KING is mediator of the judicial and executive Power of G-d among His people, acting in the Name of Jehovah. The king is also judge (II Chronicles 19:6; Psalms 2:10-11; John 5:27). A PRIEST is an advocate who presents himself as the representative of another. As a mediator he intercedes in behalf of the people of G-d, His elect and holy nation, in the Presence of the Lord, and prepares a way by which they themselves might approach Him. As such he instructs them in the way of righteousness and holiness — and is to be so himself for he is also G-d's representative, and partaker of the sacrifices and  tithes (Leviticus 9:9-11,17; Malachi 2:7; II Corinthians 5:18-19; I John 2:1; I Peter 2:5, 9-10; Revelation 1:6).
Isaiah 9:6,7, Unto us a child is born; The mighty G-d , prince of peace,Wonderful counselor, Prince of Peace, of the increase of His government there will be no end, upon the Kingly Throne of David.  [Azriel];Priest and King is not a new concept, but from old and everlasting.
The risen Lord Yeshua literally fulfills G-d’s covenant with David when David was assured that “Your house and your kingdom will endure forever before me; your throne will be established forever” (2 Samuel 7:16, ). He also becomes the antitype of the typical priesthood: “For it is evident that our Lord was descended from Judah, and in connection with that tribe Moses said nothing about priests. This becomes even more evident when another priest arises in the likeness of Melchizedek, who has become a priest, not according to a legal requirement concerning bodily descent but by the power of an indestructible life. For it is witnessed of him, Thou art a priest for ever, after the order of Melchizedek” (Hebrews 7:14-17, RSV). This type —and Scripture makes clear that it is a type —reveals that Yeshua will fulfill a role that even David, as king, could not fill.

Yeshua will also be a priest and will reign as both king and priest. His priesthood will be superior to that of Aaron because he puts away sin forever by his own sacrifice. His kingdom will be superior to that of David because he has conquered death and will live forever. He will put away all opposition to God, and there will be no end to the peace of His kingdom.

I thank G-d for His abounding grace: “Of the increase of His government and peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon His kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even for ever. The zeal of the L-RD of hosts will perform this.” (Isaiah 9:7).

David was anointed three times: first as a youth, before kingly authority; second as king over Judah; then as king over all Israel.  Similarly;Yahoshua was anointed at his first advent; then at his return for his church; then lastly as king in his thousand-year kingdom.Eternal peace shall come, we see the days becoming more violent and all nations rising against Israel. It will be Yeshua who fights, and defeats the evil of the antichrist for Israel.Famine , disease, earhquakes,wars,and rumors of wars,radical Islam taking up arms, and unifying against the rebirth of Israel; all these things taking place on a unprecendented growth level together,and by these signs we know His return is very near. There will be no question who Yeshua is, for all shall know Him!
(02-09-2011, 09:02 PM)Azriel Wrote: How easily the antichrist will decieve those Jews who have not had their spiritual vision restored. Just think if the wilfull king is a Jew?

Hello.
I'm meditating in these things lately, and today I thought what Azriel just said above: "antichrist a jew?".
Well, like it was said above, he has to fulfill the prophecies to be accepted as messiah. One of them is Mq 5.2 -- birth in Belem.
Also, Daniel and the gospels say about him sitting in the throne (third temple in Jerusalem (?)).
This means... or seems to mean, at least for me, that yes, he will be a jew.
Well... this sounds very illuminating to me.. but also very strange and rise other doubts.
For example... I have to review these texts, but Daniel talks about a north and south kingdom, and antichrist must be king of one of them (dont remember wich). It gives the idea of a place wich is not Israel.

What is strange for me in all these... is that, if antichrist will be adored as messiah by the jews.. why will he attack the holy city with all the world's army? (revelation 16.19, 19.19; zc 12;14)
And more.. accept him as messiah means receive its mark (revelation 13.16). So, how would be their repentance -- Zc 12.10??

Peace.