Bible Options Bible Study Software
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gospels are accrording to Mark, Luke, Matthew, or John.  Tannach is according to G-d!
Therefore, Tannach (especially Torah) must always take precedence!  It says that the Sabbath Day is Saturday, males should be circumcised, pork should not be eaten, G-d is one (not three), etc.  It requires that all blood be drained from meat before that meat can be eaten.  It even bans the wearing of mixed garments of linen and wool.  

While traditional Judaism teaches that these laws only apply to Jews, they would apply also to anyone who has been added to the covenant (as most Christian denominations claim they are).
I'm a Jew, I keep the Sabbath Day on Saturday, I've been circumcised, I don't eat pork, I believe God is One. And I don't eat blood in meat. And I don't wear garments mixed with linen and wool either.

Are you going to stop there though?

Those Jews who choose to hold only to the  laws within the Torah cannot even keep the law the Almighty gave through Moses. Read Leviticus 4, current Judaism is a watered-down diluted form of the amount of actual Torah observance that the Levites actually did. Torah only Jews cannot even keep the Ten Commandments. Have you kept the Ten Commandments? If you told a lie, then you're a liar. You have to atone. Have fun finding a "Rabbi" to complete an entire animal sacrifice for you when needed. Sin again? Then buy another animal according to Torah.

It's done, it's over, the Temple never stopped the sacrifice because it's not standing. Before the 1st, they had the Tabernacle and the altar, then the 1st Temple, then it went down, in-between they did try and keep the law: Nehemiah 10:30-40 shows this, Ezra 3 shows this. So the excuse that "In-between Temples they didn't keep the law" is absolutely false!

The 2nd Temple went up then it went down. And the Jews were scattered in the Diaspora. Now they say "Oh, we can wait until the 3rd Temple" Well if before the 1st, they didn't wait, then they can't wait until the 3rd Temple either. The word of the Almighty never says in the Torah you don't need sacrifices because the Temples are not up. Look at all the statues that are to be kept throughout all...that's "all" of the generations. They're not doing this either. They're more observant in their top hats, suit and tie, Tallit and Kippah, then they are about actually being Torah observant. Bar Mitzvah? You might ask. They will say "Sure! It's easy, hey, it's fun"...You might say: "Nice, but uh, I have committed a trespass, what about the burnt offerings of two young pigeons or a turtledove?" "Uh. Not so much...you know, there are so many laws, even if you can keep just a little, the Almighty is gracious." Nope. In fact all throughout the Torah, an eternal commandment and the law throughout the generations is just that. It's eternal and it's law and it's meant to be kept. There is so much more, that it's impossible for you to do.

C'mon, don't let them take you to Sheol with them, the closest they came to being Torah observant: 1. Time of Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, 2. Moses, Levites, 3. King David etc. I'm sure there were Jews who did parts in the Diaspora that would put those living in modern day New York to shame, but they could never keep the whole law.

The only one who can provide the redemption you need before a just and Holy God, is Yeshua Ha'Mashiach. That's it. Romans 10:9. That's what you need to do to be redeemed.
MessianicJew Wrote:I'm a Jew, I keep the Sabbath Day on Saturday, I've been circumcised, I don't eat pork, I believe God is One. And I don't eat blood in meat. And I don't wear garments mixed with linen and wool either.

Those Jews who choose to hold only to the  laws within the Torah cannot even keep the law the Almighty gave through Moses. Read Leviticus 4, current Judaism is a watered-down diluted form of the amount of actual Torah observance that the Levites actually did. Torah only Jews cannot even keep the Ten Commandments. Have you kept the Ten Commandments? If you told a lie, then you're a liar. You have to atone. Have fun finding a "Rabbi" to complete an entire animal sacrifice for you when needed. Sin again? Then buy another animal according to Torah.

It's done, it's over, the Temple never stopped the sacrifice because it's not standing. Before the 1st, they had the Tabernacle and the altar, then the 1st Temple, then it went down, in-between they did try and keep the law: Nehemiah 10:30-40 shows this, Ezra 3 shows this. So the excuse that "In-between Temples they didn't keep the law" is absolutely false!

In fact all throughout the Torah, an eternal commandment and the law throughout the generations is just that. It's eternal and it's law and it's meant to be kept. There is so much more, that it's impossible for you to do.

C'mon, don't let them take you to Sheol with them, the closest they came to being Torah observant: 1. Time of Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, 2. Moses, Levites, 3. King David etc. I'm sure there were Jews who did parts in the Diaspora that would put those living in modern day New York to shame, but they could never keep the whole law.

The only one who can provide the redemption you need before a just and Holy God, is Yeshua Ha'Mashiach. That's it. Romans 10:9. That's what you need to do to be redeemed.
1 Corinthians 8:8 But food does not commend us to God; for neither if we eat are we the better, nor if we do not eat are we the worse. 12 But when you thus sin against the brethren, and wound their weak conscience, you sin against Christ. 13 Therefore, if food makes my brother stumble, I will never again eat meat, lest I make my brother stumble. It seems a matter of the heart?
Azriel Wrote:1 Corinthians 8:8 But food does not commend us to God; for neither if we eat are we the better, nor if we do not eat are we the worse. 12 But when you thus sin against the brethren, and wound their weak conscience, you sin against Christ. 13 Therefore, if food makes my brother stumble, I will never again eat meat, lest I make my brother stumble. It seems a matter of the heart?

Apostle Paul was an Apostle to the Gentiles. Gentiles are a bit more at Liberty than that of Jews due to grace. How do I know this? Because I find in the New Covenant where those Jewish Apostles still kept Sukkot, they kept Passover, even at the Feast of Dedication Jesus still chose to teach in the Synagogue. It could be a choice for the Gentiles. In which, it would be a great thing to partake in.

However, concerning the Jews, study as I do, it is difficult for me to find anywhere in the New Covenant where it is written that the Apostles ate pork or shellfish. For me, this at least would settle it easily. Nobody could refute such a thing. I'm still studying though.

The passage you quoted is pretty good. It sheds light on eating meat, but it has more to do with eating meat sacrificed to idols.

Romans 14, is another one that is closest to the dietary laws. It's often used by evangelicals for different reasons other than to eat pork.

22 Do you have faith? Have it to yourself before God. Happy is he that condemns not himself in that thing which he allows.

23 And he that doubts is damned if he eat, because he eats not of faith: for whatsoever is not of faith is sin.

It should be mentioned that there is a small difference in belief among Messianic Jews, not one we separate over. There are those who say since Jesus said: It is not what goes into a man that defiles him but what comes out. I've heard Dr. Michael Brown teach about this view.

And then there are those who still hold Kosher, of which I am one for the reason noted above. At the Synagogue I attend, the leaders there believe we're forgiven, believe Jesus is the Son of God, Messiah. But they keep  Kosher, not out of justification of course. By Kosher, personally I hold strictly to what is written in the Torah, so I don't keep two separate dish sets etc.  

Quote:MessianicJew Wrote:

The Levites can't do that service because there is now no Temple. So why should we now buy animals? For the Christians and most MessianicJews still want the area of the Templemount to be Muslim controlled. A lot of PRE-CONDITIONS are not met yet. So how do YOU do all the commandments, and were do you check your clothes for wool-linnen mixtures?
Before Ezra and Nehemia, where did they sacrifice, when there was no Temple???? Who said ''In between they didn't keep the Law''?????

What are the 10 commandments? In the 10 Words, are more than 10 commandments. I mean even the Christian counting is different, and why are they ''even'' more important than the rest?

But anyway Messianic ''Judaism'' is watered down also, every person is a watered down version of what The Almighty actually had with Moses.

The final redemption is to come. Christians sin and the world is not perfect, but most people keep an American smile as if the world is allready perfect, and by ''belief'' you are saved allready. Well let youre righteousness be greater otherwise you might not enter heaven (acc. to Yeshua).
Quote:While traditional Judaism teaches that these laws only apply to Jews, they would apply also to anyone who has been added to the covenant (as most Christian denominations claim they are).

Indeed Shlomo,
Well somebody who is added to Judaism, has to do the same.
What Messianics claim is often a mix of identitycrisis and not reading Torah correctly. Some Messianics are Jewish (or claim to be acc. to Fathers line or by DNA, or ''spiritually'') and because of that belonging to the covenant.

While Torah states different rulings for non-Jews who are allowed to do certain things, keep their OWN rules, and can have contact with the same Almighty without being Jewish. Abraham was not a Jew, and he had different followers. Torah states that for some Jewish festivals/things people have to be circumcized. But it's no precondition for them to have a covenant themselves with The Almighty.

Later when ''Christianity'' came around, some Syrian non-Jewish Semitic Christians claimed that because of their ''Semitic'' decent, that they had more rights within the Christian priesthood. Than the others quickly came with commentaries, that from now on ''everybody who is spiritually a child of Abraham'' is part of the same covenant.
By that, the Church wiped away (for themselves) a lot of Gods promisses towards Semites, Jews, Arabs etc. The Greek enlightenment took over the Church and in Egalite(equalness) is the brotherhood(Fraternite) and by that Liberte(Salvation). Church is partly bounded by Greek Laws. But even all enlightenment countries can't keep these enlightenmentlaws.
shlomo Wrote:Therefore, Tannach (especially Torah) must always take precedence!  It says that the Sabbath Day is Saturday, males should be circumcised, pork should not be eaten, G-d is one (not three), etc.  It requires that all blood be drained from meat before that meat can be eaten.  It even bans the wearing of mixed garments of linen and wool.  

While traditional Judaism teaches that these laws only apply to Jews, they would apply also to anyone who has been added to the covenant (as most Christian denominations claim they are).
Toda raba Shlomo. Should I add it is always G-D's Laws,[G-D of Israel] and ways that should take precendence over us, every breath of every day that He would have us to live; to that breath we live, and though we as men will fail; He will not fail within us. Blessings
Yetzirah231 Wrote:The Levites can't do that service because there is now no Temple.

Not true. Nehemiah 10:30-40 shows they did, Ezra 3 shows they did. So the excuse that "In-between Temples they didn't keep the burnt offerings and sacrifices because there wasn't a Temple" is absolutely false!

Yetzirah231 Wrote:So why should we now buy animals?

Because of what is written in Nehemiah 10:30-40 & Ezra 3. Have you read it?

Yetzirah231 Wrote:For the Christians and most MessianicJews still want the area of the Templemount to be Muslim controlled.

Well, any Jew and Gentile for Jesus should want the word to be fulfilled, which is that the mount will be trampled on by the Gentiles until the fullness of the Gentiles comes in and then the end shall come. That's when the mount will fall, and the Jews will want to re-build for a 3rd Temple causing much stress in the land and throughout the world. This is a great time to be alive!

Yetzirah231 Wrote:So how do YOU do all the commandments, and were do you check your clothes for wool-linnen mixtures?

By placing my faith in Yeshua who has fulfilled them for me and anyone else who places their faith in HaMashiach. That's the whole point, we need redemption from a law we cannot keep. I look on the tab of my clothing, it says what percent of mixture it is, I stick to 100% cotton or 100% wool. Or as long as it's not linen and wool.

Yetzirah231 Wrote:Before Ezra and Nehemia, where did they sacrifice, when there was no Temple???? Who said ''In between they didn't keep the Law''?????

All I've heard from the Orthodox on here is that in-between Temples they didn't give sacrifices and offerings. This isn't true.

Yetzirah231 Wrote:What are the 10 commandments? I mean even the Christian counting is different, and why are they ''even'' more important than the rest?

They're all equally important, if you break one, you're guilty of all.
Where are the 10 Commandments? I go by: Exodus 20:11-23 & Deuteronomy ch. 5.

Yetzirah231 Wrote:But anyway Messianic ''Judaism'' is watered down also, every person is a watered down version of what The Almighty actually had with Moses.

Jesus fulfilled it. Just like the scripture said he would. Jesus was the Messianic Jew in whom there was no guile!

Yetzirah231 Wrote:What Messianics claim is often a mix of identitycrisis and not reading Torah correctly. Some Messianics are Jewish (or claim to be acc. to Fathers line or by DNA, or ''spiritually'') and because of that belonging to the covenant.

The lineage of whose a Jew as race, an ethnicity of people. Has always been and always will be through the covenant. The term Jew is used to describe either race or religion. And that covenant stretches back to Isaac, not a woman. As it is written the Almighty said he would make a great nation out of Ishmael, but the covenant the Almighty would make would be with Isaac. It's not the mothers side! Why do you think it is Abraham, Isaac, Jacob and Jacob had 12 sons? It is not written Jacob had 12 daughters!

Not only that, but think it through, Moses married and Ethiopian woman. And we were allowed to marry the Midianite young women during the time of Moses! These were virgins...so how was it that an entire generation were born to Midianite women and still called Jews? You can't possibly think the covenant is through the mothers side. That's rediculous. You're the one with the identity-crisis, you not only don't read the Torah correctly, but you're not even aware of what is actually written in it.
"Jesus fulfilled it. Just like the scripture said he would. Jesus was the Messianic Jew in whom there was no guile!"

Of course, who would argue with that?

Concerning the New Testament:

Mar 3:31 ¶ There came then his brethren and his mother, and, standing without, sent unto him, calling him.  

Mar 3:32   And the multitude sat about him, and they said unto him, Behold, thy mother and thy brethren without seek for thee.  

Mar 3:33   And he answered them, saying, Who is my mother, or my brethren?  

Mar 3:34   And he looked round about on them which sat about him, and said, Behold my mother and my brethren!  

Mar 3:35   For whosoever shall do the will of God, the same is my brother, and my sister, and mother.  

He was annoyed with his family for showing up? What a nasty and unkind manner in which to behave. It's offensive! That's how you see the Messiah behaving? because it is very disgusting way to treat ones mother. He's breaking one of his own commandments.

They were right to believe he was crazy, they would know,

Avraham