Bible Options Bible Study Software
Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Of course it is!
It is the way to salvation for the soul!

The New Covenant that is the New Testament is a completely Jewish book. Jesus is a Jews Jew, a Hebrews Hebrew, the son of David, the son of Abraham. Jesus was circumcised the eighth day.

Luke 2:21: And when eight days were accomplished for the circumcising of the child, his name was called JESUS, which was so named of the angel before he was conceived in the womb.

22 And when the days of her purification according to the law of Moses were accomplished, they brought him to Jerusalem, to present him to the Lord;

23 (As it is written in the law of the LORD, Every male that opens the womb shall be called holy to the LordWink

24 And to offer a sacrifice according to that which is said in the law of the Lord, A pair of turtledoves, or two young pigeons.

Look it there, will any of the Jews who reject Jesus do verse 24 when they have a child? Yet they say we're not Torah observant.

Jesus is the Christ: Matthew 16:16
"And Simon Peter answered and said, You are the Christ, the Son of the living God."

Matthew 1

21 And she shall bring forth a son, and you shall call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins.

22 Now all this was done, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken of the L-rd by the prophet, saying,

23 Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, G-d with us.

and the only begotten Son of God.

John 3:18
"He that believes on him is not condemned: but he that believes not is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God."

Psalm 2
6. "But I have enthroned My king on Zion, My holy mount."    å.
7. I will tell of the decree; The Lord said to me, "You are My son; this day have I begotten you.  

Jesus even upheld the law God gave through Moses:

Matthew 8:4
And Jesus said to him, See you tell no man; but go your way, show yourself to the priest, and offer the gift that Moses commanded, for a testimony to them.

Jesus stuck up for the law God gave through Moses: See Mark 7:8-13

Luke 24:44
And he said to them, These are the words which I spoke to you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the psalms, concerning me.
An outbreak of intense anti-Jewish persecution arose some years later in n Hungary, and Rabbi Lichtenstein was not surprised that the attacks were carried on in the name of Christianity. In the midst of the pogroms, he was startled to read the writings of men who, in the name of Christ, sternly denounced the anti-Semites and defended the Jews. Among these were prominent figures such as the honored Biblical scholar Franz Delitzsch, professor at the University of Leipzig. He was intrigued by statements which spoke of the message of Christ as one of love and life to all people.

At this time, the little New Testament, flung in anger into a dusty corner years ago, was found. For the aging rabbi it had been a closed and hated book which he thought to be the source of venom aimed at his people. Was it really what he had supposed it to be? He opened its pages and began to read.

Rabbi Lichtenstein later wrote in "Two Letters: or What I Really Wish," describing the experience which flowed from his reading of the New Testament:

"I had thought the New Testament to be impure, a source of pride, of overweening selfishness, of hatred, of the worst kind of violence, but as I opened it, I felt myself peculiarly and wonderfully taken possession of. A sudden glory, a light, flashed through my soul. I looked for thorns and gathered roses; I discovered pearls instead of pebbles; instead of hatred, love; instead of vengeance, forgiveness; instead of bondage, freedom; instead of pride, humility; instead of enmity, conciliation; instead of death, life, salvation, resurrection, heavenly treasure."

--The Jewishness of The New Testament by Avi Brickner
http://www.jewsforjesus.org/publications...wtestament
So, as much as is in me, I am ready to preach the gospel to you who are in Rome also.

Rom 1:16

For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, [fn] for it is the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes, for the Jew first and also for the Greek.

Rom 1:17

For in it the righteousness of God is revealed from faith to faith; as it is written, “The just shall live by faith.” [fn]

Rom 1:18

For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who suppress the truth in unrighteousness,

Rom 1:19

because what may be known of God is manifest in them, for God has shown it to them.

Rom 1:20

For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead, so that they are without excuse,
So, as much as is in me, I am ready to preach the gospel to you who are in Rome also.

Rom 1:16

For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, [fn] for it is the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes, for the Jew first and also for the Greek.

Rom 1:17

For in it the righteousness of God is revealed from faith to faith; as it is written, “The just shall live by faith.” [fn]

Rom 1:18

For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who suppress the truth in unrighteousness,

Rom 1:19

because what may be known of God is manifest in them, for God has shown it to them.

Rom 1:20

For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead, so that they are without excuse,
Quote:Luke 2:21: And when eight days were accomplished for the circumcising of the child, his name was called JESUS, which was so named of the angel before he was conceived in the womb.

So yes, according to the Church 1st of January was his circumcision-day, and the name(giving)day of who? Emanuel or Jesus?
Where do we read that the angel called him Jesus? this is one of the confusing things I find... You have the story of the angel ordering to call him Emanuel. And then here they suddenly claim that he should be called Jesus according to the angel.
Maybe there were two different angels visiting, and only one of them was written down, or Emanual Jesus the Christ got two firstnames? What happened more in a Greek context like Simon-Peter?
Luke 1:31 is the verse you are asking about? Matthew 1:21 is tha acount of the angel telling Joseph to call the baby, Jesus. Immanuel, or Emanuel, however you want to spell it, is also what he is to be called, according to Matthew 1:23/Isaiah 7:14. I see a fulfillment of this in Luke 7:16.