Bible Options Bible Study Software
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I thought jews hated jesus
I thought jews hated jesus and they did not believe in him. I thought that jews thought god would send a messiah to save them all.

input plz.
Hi Ihatejuice,
No I love Juice :-) even Jesus... but he's somewhat a rebel. But Judaism had more rebels.

Well I'm not a believer in Christianity. I think I can understand Jesus in many things. What is more complicated is to 'love' Paul, for he made a whole new theology around it later for people outside of Israel.

God will send us a Messiah, in the Messianic times, and after that true peace will be on earth (that didn't happen yet).

Be well.
ihatejuice Wrote:I thought jews hated jesus and they did not believe in him. I thought that jews thought god would send a messiah to save them all.

input plz.

That's not totally true. There were a minority of Jews who love Jesus and placed their faith in Jesus at the time he walked the earth and especially after God rose Jesus from the dead by God. In fact, what is often called the New Testament was written by Jewish Apostles who all confessed Jesus is the Son of God and the Christ.

Some Jews do believe they will be saved, but Isaiah 53 says my righteous servant shall justify many, it doesn't say the righteous servant will justify all.

11 He shall see of the travail of his soul, and shall be satisfied: by his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many; for he shall bear their iniquities

Yetzirah231 Wrote:What is more complicated is to 'love' Paul, for he made a whole new theology around it later for people outside of Israel.

How did Paul do this?
Why do you think Jews hate Jesus? We don't accept him as messiah, and he isn't important to Judaism. Most of us just don't really give him a second thought, let alone "hate" him.
Sheitl Queen Wrote:Why do you think Jews hate Jesus?

Because if you're not with Jesus, then you're against Jesus. Matthew 12:30.
Not giving Jesus a second thought is like passing up a yard sale!! The treasure you find may be the very thing you are seeking!! Jesus is a treasure no money can buy, no deed is worthy of, and just when you think there is nothing to Him....WOW...Jesus is the one, the ONLY ONE who can bring any of us back to God by way of His Holy Spirit, which if He had not left us we would not have today!!
I was reading today about Israel and Judah and God was admonishing them as a prostitute, one who had left Him and had gone to other Gods/lovers..I know it was in the OT, but I cant remember where. It was in chapter 2 that God came down hard on faithless Israel/Judah her unrepentant sister and in chapter 3 was when God forgave Israel. I cried on my bed as I read these chapters and asked God to forgive me too...because we have all at sometime in our lives wondered from God...and oh the heartache that brings to us and others! But what a blessing when we return to Him! His benefits are awesome! I wake up now and know that He is my God and I am His and nothing can make you right with Him, unless He draws you, and He will only draw you if you are repentant and that can only happen through the Holy Spirit of JESUS! Well, thats what I beleive and it has done me good to accept Jesus, because its His righteousness that God sees when He looks at me...not my filth, but the righteousness of His Holy son...is God the God of all...He sure is!
MessianicJew Wrote:
Sheitl Queen Wrote:Why do you think Jews hate Jesus?

Because if you're not with Jesus, then you're against Jesus. Matthew 12:30.

I don't support the Yankees or the Dodgers, but that doesn't mean I am against them; I just don't care about them.
IT RAINED! No kidding! We are in a severe drought and have only received a sprinkle all year and last night it rained! Reading Jeremiah chapters 2, 3 and last night chapter 4.....WOW...Gods word is true.
Also a very bad person from my past tried to get to me through my family and did upset all of us, but then later I started to realize that I had some deep anger related to this person and by this happening I was able to realize it and now I dont feel so angry anymore....all things...means all things! I love Gods word, not just the OT, the WHOLE ENCHILDADA! Because there is nothing in life I can count on like God!
"I don't support the Yankees or the Dodgers, but that doesn't mean I am against them; I just don't care about them."

Rabbi Yisroel, that works for baseball teams, but you have to remember that baseball teams do not claim to be the Messiah.  If someone makes the claims Jesus did and then you don't support him, you are automatically against him.  In another example, if HAMAS captured me and asked me if I supported them destroying Israel, and I said that I did not, that would mean I am against HAMAS.  If I said that I did not care about them destroying Israel or not, that would make me against Israel and for HAMAS.