Bible Options Bible Study Software
Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Leaven of the gentile chuch
  My jewish brothers and sisters in Christ. Beware of the leaven of the gentile chuch (many but not all). They are hypocrites.

They say, "woe is me. I am no good. I am a poor wretched sinner."

but turn right around and say, "I am good. I will decide whether to believe or not believe in Jesus. I will decide whether to make the righteous decision to accept Jesus as Lord and Saviour.

all the while denying the Sovereignty of the Holy Spirit in first giving life to God's children of promise.

The gentile church will say, "we do not deny that the Holy Spirit gives life".

Therein is the hypocrisy. The gentile chuch believes the Holy Spirit acts only after the self righteous efforts of the "no good wretched sinner". The gentile church's way of eternal salvation is that of self righteousness: so self righteous that the thought of, God determining who will be saved is offensive.

Believe me, they are repulsed by the doctrine of Sovereign Grace. In the many years I have shared these truths (and even here on this web-site) I have experienced the self righteous attitued towards God and His Love and Mercy. The self serving soul and flesh rebels against God's Sovereign Grace.

To be continued......
continued.....

God called Abraham, Abraham did not call God. Likewise, God called you, you did not call God.

Before the foundation of the world, God determined you would be on of His children. At an appointed time the Holy Spirit of God gave you life. With that new life you have eyes to see and ears to hear and have been lead to Christ Jesus. It was not of your doing , but of God's doing.

Rejoice in His love and mercy.

Now that you are a child of the Living God, live like one. Be obedient to the will of God and recieve the promise. Do not live a life governed by the self serving soul and flesh, as in the manner of Esau: rather live a life governed by the spirit that God gave, after the manner of Jacob. In doing so , receive the blessing of the Father, receive the promise, enter into the kingdom of God here on earth.  

Deny self, follow Jesus.

Be not called only, but be chosen.
A thought of the verse of scripture came to mind today that not all who say Lord belong to Him but those that do the will of His Father! Doing the will is not easy. When I decided not to work on Sundays inorder to honor God with my life you would not believe the flack I got from others, even Christians! And when an emergency came up and I helped a fellow person on a Sunday, I got flack from the non-Christians for not holding up my committment! You cant please everyone...you must try to please God and that by His word, and doing His word. That will not save us but it does give us peace! We cant serve God in word only, we have to sacrafice, and not animals, but our time and ourselves...and I dont mean on a bbq pit! We follow Gods commandments not to save us but because we are HIS!!! And He laid a plan for when we, as humans, would fail Him, and that plan was JESUS!! PTL!
I also was thinking this morning of the many contradictions we all have in our lives!! We try to love the ones we dont love, and all to often, we hurt the ones we do love. We say that laws will not save us but we are saved from much harm by following the laws of God! We keep the day of worshipping God Holy by refraining from certain daily tasks but often dishonor Him in other ways on that very day. In looking at life, in general, the world around us is filled with those same contradictions, even the word of God at times appears to do just that, so it occurred to me that I must cling to the good in others and in life and focus on those things! I am glad that the Bible seemingly has some contradictions because a God that has no understanding of life , such as God gave to us in Jesus, then He could not both relate to us and overcome it for us either. He would not have been victorious over this world if he had not been on some level with us! God with us....Jesus...life is good!
Some may ask, "what's the big deal?"   The big deal is knowing and following the word of God, teaching the word of God , truthfully.

The "way of salvation" taught by the gentild church is done so because it is not offensive to the self serving soul, the soul we are all born with.

It is corrupt from birth, you do not teach it to lie, it lies of its own accord easily and willfully.  

The way of salvation taught by the gentile chuch does not honor God, but honors man.

Simply put, the gentile chuch teaches......the pain and suffering, the sacrifice of Jesus , the Lamb of God set the ground rules for the game of salvation.  This game of salvation is the great game of "chance" for all of mankind.  All of mankind has a chance to be saved.  All the individual has to do is personally decide whether to believe in the game of eternal life, believe in Jesus.......as if Jesus is some prize to be grasp at a whim.

Now the gentile church says, that "you have to accept Jesus" and the only way one is able to accept Jesus is if someone has preached the gospel.  God has left the eternal salvation of souls in the hands of sinners to preach the message. That is the plan.  Preach the message, decide it you like it, and be saved.

Some also have the "out" for the poor soul who has never heard the message....salvation through ignorance.  If that were the case , I think it would be far better to not preach the  message so all would be saved through ignorance. At least that is a better chance than 50/50 at to whether the individual makes the correct choice.

I have taught and made clear God plan of eternal salvation is not a "game of chance".  God works through the counsel of His sovereign will, according to His plan and purpose.

God has predetermined who His children are. God brings them to life. God will see to it they are with him for eternity.

But do not think , the self serving soul of His children are in "free and easy". No the self serving soul needs to be saved. God requires obedience of His children. It is called works.  Those children who do the works of God, keeps His commandments, will be blessed. Those who do not will spend the time of the rule and reign of Christ in His kingdom, for a 1000 years in hell.

Refusing to believe in the Soveriegn act of the Holy Spirit, first quickening the child of God to life, is evidence of a rebeleous self serving soul.....a soul that needs to be saved.

With the gentile church and their doctrine of "universal salvation", it comes down to the understanding of "belief".....or should I say, misunderstanding of belief.

The gentile church teaches belief (in Jesus) is a prerequisite to obtaining eternal life; a decision of choice in securing eternal life. It only appears that belief is that way to the self focused mind; but that is not what the Bible teaches.

John 5:24  ".....he who hears My word and believes in Him who sent Me HAS everlasting life...."   It does not say, "he who believes will acquire everlasting life., but already has everlasting life."

1 John 5:1  "whoever believes that Jesus is the Christ IS born of God."  It does not say, " whoever believes will be born of God."

So you see, belief in Jesus, is not a requirement to receive everlasting life. Belief in Jesus is evidence that you already have passed from death to life.   The order is.....born of God.....first......then believe.

A revival took place at Antioch as a result of Pauls teaching. The word of God says, "as many as had been appointed to eternal life, believed."

That is the way God's plan of eternal salvation worked then as well as now.

2 Tim. 1:9  "(God) who has saved us and called us with a holy calling, not according to our works, but according to His own purpose and grace which was given to us in Christ Jesus before time began.."

God's plan and purpose in redeeming His own is not a "game of chance" (as in everybody has a chance to be saved) as the gentile church preaches....but I must say.....the game of chance is not offensive in the least to the  sinner.....it is easy to preach and easy to listen to.

What is interesting....in the very beginning of Jesus mission here on earth the angel of the Lord spoke to Joseph and said of Jesus....." and you shall call His name Jesus, for He will save HIS people from their sins."

His people. Not all people. His people.
DishonestAbe Wrote:  My jewish brothers and sisters in Christ. Beware of the leaven of the gentile chuch (many but not all). They are hypocrites... blah, blah, blah...

And you are an extremely foolish, racist bigot who doesn't know a darn thing of what he is talking about in here, as usual.

The so-called "Gentile church," (notice the correct capitalization, bigot), was and is created by the God the Father, the Holy Spirit and Jesus Christ, that whom the majority of extremely foolish, quail-dung-eating 'Jews' (in the flesh) rejected to then be destroyed (the nation of Israel) for 2000 years until God used help from the GENTILE, Christ-believing nations to help bring these very foolish 'Jews' back together again for the last days, just as he promised he would.

And for your further information, bigot, the so-called "Gentile church" is actually more JEWISH than present-day Israel, seeing how a TRUE Jew is one who is Jewish on the INSIDE, not on the outside, just as Scripture so rightfully declares and reveals:

"FOR HE IS NOT A JEW, WHO IS ONE OUTWARDLY; NEITHER IS THAT CIRCUMCISION, WHICH IS OUTWARD IN THE FLESH:

BUT HE IS A JEW, WHICH IS ONE INWARDLY; AND CIRCUMCISION IS THAT OF THE HEART, IN THE SPIRIT, and NOT IN THE LETTER; WHOSE PRAISE IS NOT OF MEN, BUT OF GOD
."
- ROMANS 2:28&29

So, what are you going to try and deny or make up now, DishonestAbe?

You're hilarious.

God help you.

Ruht
Ruht Wrote:
DishonestAbe Wrote:  My jewish brothers and sisters in Christ. Beware of the leaven of the gentile chuch (many but not all). They are hypocrites... blah, blah, blah...

And you are an extremely foolish, racist bigot who doesn't know a darn thing of what he is talking about in here, as usual.

The so-called "Gentile church," (notice the correct capitalization, bigot), was and is created by the God the Father, the Holy Spirit and Jesus Christ, that whom the majority of extremely foolish, quail-dung-eating 'Jews' (in the flesh) rejected to then be destroyed (the nation of Israel) for 2000 years until God used help from the GENTILE, Christ-believing nations to help bring these very foolish 'Jews' back together again for the last days, just as he promised he would.

And for your further information, bigot, the so-called "Gentile church" is actually more JEWISH than present-day Israel, seeing how a TRUE Jew is one who is Jewish on the INSIDE, not on the outside, just as Scripture so rightfully declares and reveals:

"FOR HE IS NOT A JEW, WHO IS ONE OUTWARDLY; NEITHER IS THAT CIRCUMCISION, WHICH IS OUTWARD IN THE FLESH:

BUT HE IS A JEW, WHICH IS ONE INWARDLY; AND CIRCUMCISION IS THAT OF THE HEART, IN THE SPIRIT, and NOT IN THE LETTER; WHOSE PRAISE IS NOT OF MEN, BUT OF GOD
."
- ROMANS 2:28&29

So, what are you going to try and deny or make up now, DishonestAbe?

You're hilarious.

God help you.

Ruht

I'm framing this response.
HonestAbe Wrote:but turn right around and say, "I am good. I will decide whether to believe or not believe in Jesus. I will decide whether to make the righteous decision to accept Jesus as Lord and Saviour.

I read all of your posts, your position is a bit hard for me to understand. But I think I get the gist of it.

I believe that it is both, not to the one extreme of God chooses who is saved or to the other extreme of people can choose to be saved. But both.

This is why, in the book of John chapter 6 verse 37:

37 All that the Father gives to me shall come to me; and him that comes to me I will in no wise cast out.

Sure, I believe there are those who are chosen, but I also believe that there are a vast amount of people who are also those who come to Christ, and Christ won't turn them away.

To do the will of God is simple:

The Book of John ch. 6 verse 40: And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which see's the Son, and believes on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

John ch. 6 verse 28 Then they said to him, What shall we do, that we might work the works of God?

29 Jesus answered and said to them, This is the work of God, that you believe on him whom he has sent.

MessianicJew Wrote:
HonestAbe Wrote:but turn right around and say, "I am good. I will decide whether to believe or not believe in Jesus. I will decide whether to make the righteous decision to accept Jesus as Lord and Saviour.

I read all of your posts, your position is a bit hard for me to understand. But I think I get the gist of it.

I believe that it is both, not to the one extreme of God chooses who is saved or to the other extreme of people can choose to be saved. But both.

This is why, in the book of John chapter 6 verse 37:

37 All that the Father gives to me shall come to me; and him that comes to me I will in no wise cast out.

Sure, I believe there are those who are chosen, but I also believe that there are a vast amount of people who are also those who come to Christ, and Christ won't turn them away.

To do the will of God is simple:

The Book of John ch. 6 verse 40: And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which see's the Son, and believes on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

John ch. 6 verse 28 Then they said to him, What shall we do, that we might work the works of God?

29 Jesus answered and said to them, This is the work of God, that you believe on him whom he has sent.

Why do you think it extreme that God would elect who His children would be/are?   Rom. 9:11,12,16

I think you are probably in agreement with me, knowing that God is good.  God is Love.   Also, that you, me and mankind.....we are not good.  That said, let me see if I can change your focus a little bit.

Take a deep breath, relax.....you have a huge decision to make in a moment.     (I am curious to how you will answer)

Ok, the responsibility is on you.....you are to make the decision on how it is going to be concerning the eternal destiny of souls.

1.  God, our God, the God of love and mercy......He sees to it that all who He determines to be saved will be saved and live with Him forever.

2. God puts forth the opportunity (chance) for all of mankind to choose whether or not they will live with Him forever.

Which way of salvation do you say it will be?   I am not asking which way you think salvation actually is......I am asking you, which way would you have eternal salvation be accomplished, if it were your decision to make.    1 or 2  
HonestAbe Wrote:[quote=MessianicJew]
Why do you think it extreme that God would elect who His children would be/are?   Rom. 9:11,12,16

That's an extreme position to take if one believes that is only the course that God has chosen. Some people do believe that. They don't believe in free will. That's what I meant. It's not an extreme, it is extreme for the individual to believe that this is the only course of action for man God has provided, when Jesus says and all those who come to me I will not turn away. Some people only believe that too, that is the other extreme.

When reading John chapter 6 verse 37, you can see it is both not "either" "or".

HonestAbe Wrote:1.  God, our God, the God of love and mercy......He sees to it that all who He determines to be saved will be saved and live with Him forever.

2. God puts forth the opportunity (chance) for all of mankind to choose whether or not they will live with Him forever.

Which way of salvation do you say it will be?   I am not asking which way you think salvation actually is......I am asking you, which way would you have eternal salvation be accomplished, if it were your decision to make.    1 or 2  

Seeing it is not my rank to make this decision, I would feel uncomfortable deciding. This is a choice of God. I do believe God allows both though: 1 & 2, and that it can be summed up in the book of John chapter 6 verse 37:

37 All that the Father gives to me shall come to me (this fits your option 1 above); and him that comes to me I will in no wise cast out (this fits your option 2 above).