Bible Options Bible Study Software
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
And how many Jews know their tribe!
(08-25-2011, 09:05 PM)MessianicJew Wrote: Something, first Jews say that to be a Jew is religion, oh unless your mother converts. So then what? If you're an atheist but your Mother who is a gentile converts so now you're a Jew? No.

It depends on whether he was born before or after she converted.

Just remember, Kind David, from whom Christians believe Jesus was descended, was only Jewish because of Ruth's conversion.

(08-26-2011, 06:19 AM)Rabbi Yisroel ben Avrohom Wrote: Just remember, Kind David, from whom Christians believe Jesus was descended, was only Jewish because of Ruth's conversion.

I'm not asking for opinion, where is this in the Law?

(08-24-2011, 06:48 AM)Rabbi Yisroel ben Avrohom Wrote: Jewishness, for want of a better word, wasn't introduced until the Torah was given on Mount Sinai. From then on status as a Jew depended on the mother and status as to what kind of Jew (Priest, Levite, etc.), and therefore one's tribal status, depended on the father.

Again, where is any of this written in the Law?
Does anyone know how many tribes have not yet been discovered? Toda raba
In Jesus, my friend, there are no tribes. No male, nor female, no Jew or Gentile, we are one in the LORD.
I am sharing my new discovery, my recent best music group. I am Irish, a wee-bit, and I love this kind of music. They are not new but I just discovered them and I just adore this groups music. I share it with you. CELTIC THUNDER singing A place in the choir. In Jesus, God has melded us together as one family. To reject Jesus is to reject Gods plan. Enjoy this wonderful song.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-8BaxOeT...re=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qni5bIN5qmU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2uSbmFVp...re=related

enough of jew or gentile....do you belong to God by His grace and the blood of Jesus, thats all that matters. That you BELONG TO God! The version of Hallelujah is a bit different but I think it does have some value in that it sings of mans brokeness and need for Gods righteousness, which we cannot attain any other way except through Jesus.
Vibrant musical selection, Hope! Thanks for sharing it with us, girl. Big Grin
I love this group Celtic thunder. I am a bit too preachy though. I try to not be but its me. Its like trying not to be a woman, cant do it.
(03-16-2012, 08:35 PM)HOPE7 Wrote: In Jesus, my friend, there are no tribes.

First of all, apparently everywhere in the New Testament the phrase to the Jew first and then to the Gentile is lost on you. Also, you don't have a proper understanding of what exactly this thread of mine proves. It is spiritually deep. It has to do with disobeying Mosaic law.

Second, you didn't use any scripture to bolster your op-ed above. You're a Christian who doesn't understand the Israelites origins to your faith. You just have enough to understand salvation. So for you, that is all that matters. Jesus will have to put on a clinic for you at that time...I guess now, just stick with your Christian gentile milk. As you don't have a clue as to the implications for a Jew who doesn't believe in Jesus and doesn't even know their own tribe...

Acts 23:6
But when Paul perceived that the one part were Sadducees, and the other Pharisees, he cried out in the council, Men and brethren, I am a Pharisee, the son of a Pharisee: of the hope and resurrection of the dead I am called in question.

There are no tribes...you must not believe all scripture is true, or you don't read it enough.

Romans 11:1
I say then, Has God cast away his people? God forbid. For I also am an Israelite, of the seed of Abraham, of the tribe of Benjamin.

Did you catch that above, Apostle Paul just gave his tribe.

Again:

Philippians 3:5
Circumcised the eighth day, of the stock of Israel, of the tribe of Benjamin, an Hebrew of the Hebrews; as touching the law, a Pharisee;

Again,

What advantage then has the Jew? or what profit is there of circumcision?

Much every way: chiefly, because that to them were committed the oracles of God.
Romans 3 1-2.

(03-16-2012, 08:35 PM)HOPE7 Wrote: In Jesus, my friend, there are no tribes. No male, nor female, no Jew or Gentile, we are one in the LORD.

And again, why then did Apostle Paul in Romans ch. 2 differentiate between Jew and Gentile? See verse 14 and 17. Why does Apostle Peter call Apostle Paul a Jew? Oh and by the way, no tribes huh? Ever read Revelation, yeah 12,000 believer from each Tribe 144,000 total will take the word out to the world. So what? Are you going to spiritualize that one?

No, there are tribes, and when Jesus comes back there will be tribes. As the land was promised to Israel.

James 1:1
James, a servant of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ, to the twelve tribes which are scattered abroad, greeting.

Romans 2:10
But glory, honour, and peace, to every man that works good, to the Jew first, and also to the Gentile:
Gal 3:28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.
Gal 3:29 And if ye [be] Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

Col 3:11 Where there is neither Greek nor Jew, circumcision nor uncircumcision, Barbarian, Scythian, bond [nor] free: but Christ [is] all, and in all.
Col 3:12 ¶ Put on therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, bowels of mercies, kindness, humbleness of mind, meekness, longsuffering;
Col 3:13 Forbearing one another, and forgiving one another, if any man have a quarrel against any: even as Christ forgave you, so also [do] ye.

When Jesus comes back there are no tribes just one...the tribe of God the saved
(03-19-2012, 02:32 AM)prophet Wrote: Gal 3:28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.
Gal 3:29 And if ye [be] Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

Col 3:11 Where there is neither Greek nor Jew, circumcision nor uncircumcision, Barbarian, Scythian, bond [nor] free: but Christ [is] all, and in all.
Col 3:12 ¶ Put on therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, bowels of mercies, kindness, humbleness of mind, meekness, longsuffering;
Col 3:13 Forbearing one another, and forgiving one another, if any man have a quarrel against any: even as Christ forgave you, so also [do] ye.

When Jesus comes back there are no tribes just one...the tribe of God the saved

None of the above cancels out the blood lineage that exists at present within Israel. None of it. Jesus is coming back to Jerusalem not Manhattan NY. Otherwise Apostle Paul should have never said he was a Jew let alone a Pharisee, let alone an Israelite of the tribe of Benjamin even.

You have a twisted view and it is plain to see:

Galatians 2:14
But when I saw that they walked not uprightly according to the truth of the gospel, I said to Peter before them all, If you, being a Jew, live after the manner of Gentiles, and not as do the Jews, why do you compel the Gentiles to live as the Jews do?

Yeah, we are all still Jews and Israelites, and in Revelation it is God who picks 144,000 Jews 12,000 from each Tribe. So for you to say there won't be any tribes without that being written is more assumption. God promised Israel to the Jews.