Bible Options Bible Study Software
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
And how many Jews know their tribe!
(03-19-2012, 02:32 AM)prophet Wrote: Gal 3:28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.
Gal 3:29 And if ye [be] Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

Col 3:11 Where there is neither Greek nor Jew, circumcision nor uncircumcision, Barbarian, Scythian, bond [nor] free: but Christ [is] all, and in all.
Col 3:12 ¶ Put on therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, bowels of mercies, kindness, humbleness of mind, meekness, longsuffering;
Col 3:13 Forbearing one another, and forgiving one another, if any man have a quarrel against any: even as Christ forgave you, so also [do] ye.

When Jesus comes back there are no tribes just one...the tribe of God the saved

And again, why then did Apostle Paul in Romans ch. 2 differentiate between Jew and Gentile? See verse 14 and 17.

Why did Apostle Paul call Peter a Jew? You misunderstand scripture. Why is this website called JewsForJesus?
Ezekiel 45:8
In the land shall be his possession in Israel: and my princes shall no more oppress my people; and the rest of the land shall they give to the house of Israel according to their tribes.

Ezekiel 48:19
And they that serve the city shall serve it out of all the tribes of Israel.
Well I'm sure in the Messianic age God will provide the info on who is a member of what tribe, but I am highly in doubt that anyone has any genealogy that can prove what tribe they are.

By the way, MJ:
Based on your rather bitter and (as I see it) fairly rude comments to FAITH7 I recommend a bit of a meditation on 2 Peter1: 5 Now for this very reason also, applying all diligence, in your faith supply moral excellence, and in your moral excellence, knowledge; 6 and in your knowledge, self-control, and in your self-control, perseverance, and in your perseverance, godliness; 7 and in your godliness, brotherly kindness, and in your brotherly kindness, love.

Be blessed

And don't take it the wrong way; I lose my composure as well. It's part of being a sinner.
Quote:Gal 3:28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.

Col 3:11 Where there is neither Greek nor Jew, circumcision nor uncircumcision, Barbarian, Scythian, bond [nor] free: but Christ [is] all, and in all.
Well, if there is no male nor female, can a non-sexual person mary the other non-sexual person no mather what sex he/she is? Does everybody go to the same toilets in cinema's? So a bonded Christian Iraqi who can't immigrate to the U.S. is exactly the same as a free Christian in Greenland?
I guess they speak about the spiritual thing only here. Not about the functional purposes, promisses etc.
Even vers 29 mixes things up. IF people are seeds of Abraham, they have to be circumcised by flesh, all his followers in the Land and also Ishmael had to do it, also the bonded slaves. No need to be Jewish, as a seed you are commanded. In this text ''Christ'' Seems to overrule Abraham, so why then claims something by Abraham? This even while Jesus was circumcised and Jew.

Quote:When Jesus comes back there are no tribes just one...the tribe of God the saved
So why are on the gates of New Jerusalem (acc. to the Christian Testament), the symbolic protection still of the 12 tribes and 12 apostels? Are their in Christ also no apostels, no leaders, no Americans, no Dogs and Cats for now everybody is one? Off course God takes care of all (you don't need a Messiah for that), but does that mean that a Lion today can sit next to a female in the cinema both eating pop-corn and like pop-culture?
(03-19-2012, 08:53 PM)Kelvyquayo Wrote: By the way, MJ:
Based on your rather bitter and (as I see it) fairly rude comments to FAITH7 I recommend a bit of a meditation on 2 Peter1: 5 Now for this very reason also, applying all diligence, in your faith supply moral excellence, and in your moral excellence, knowledge; 6 and in your knowledge, self-control, and in your self-control, perseverance, and in your perseverance, godliness; 7 and in your godliness, brotherly kindness, and in your brotherly kindness, love.

Be blessed

And don't take it the wrong way; I lose my composure as well. It's part of being a sinner.

More judging. You can't deem what is rude nor bitter, or what is in someones heart from words on a computer screen.

Hey, Apostle Paul called the Galatians foolish. Apostle Paul stood up to Apostle Peter who was higher, and said he was to be blamed.

Now, I know I'm not an Apostle, but neither is anyone else. You, nor Hope7 is a moral authority.

True enough on the moral authority statement however we are commanded to speak out against wrongs and at times might go over board. I think it better to err on the side of over board than under board. God bless you.
And who gives you the right to decide what I can or cannot consider rude or bitter. You dont think that anyone has the right to deem what is offensive to them? Who is wearing judement shoes? On this matter we disagree. When you use the word Jew in a degrogatory manner it doesnt matter what you said the fact that you took a nationality, of which they have no control over, no one decides who their parents will be and in which home you will be born into, and used that in a statement that puts that nationality down is rude and offensive. Shalom
Fair enough.
I, for one, welcome critisism from any brother or sister in Christ. It aids in keeping me from that ever looming enemy that is vanity and serves to remind me that while I am in the flesh that I will never achieve a state knowing all that there is to know and keep me from the error of trusting in my own wicked heart.
But thanks for reminding me not to judge others. I'm sorry if I caused you to feel that way.

And to un-derail your thread:

Yes: my view is that the notion of tracing and proving ones tribe and lineage is het another piece of proof that JESUS IS the Messiah: because His line is traced and is there in the Bible for all to see, that he is of the Tribe of Judah.
No one can suddenly appear now out of nowhere and claim to be Messiah because the ability to trace that has been gone since... probably.. some time after 70AD.
Quote Well, if there is no male nor female, can a non-sexual person mary the other non-sexual person no mather what sex he/she is? Does everybody go to the same toilets in cinema's? So a bonded Christian Iraqi who can't immigrate to the U.S. is exactly the same as a free Christian in Greenland?
I guess they speak about the spiritual thing only here. Not about the functional purposes, promisses etc.
Even vers 29 mixes things up. IF people are seeds of Abraham, they have to be circumcised by flesh, all his followers in the Land and also Ishmael had to do it, also the bonded slaves. No need to be Jewish, as a seed you are commanded. In this text ''Christ'' Seems to overrule Abraham, so why then claims something by Abraham? This even while Jesus was circumcised and Jew.
end quote
When you are speaking of Gods word you are speaking of spiritual matters, big difference in literal terms and spiritual matters. To say there is no male or female does not negate their sexuality, God created them male and female, it is referring to spiritual heirarchy, of which there is none in Christ Jesus. Except Im old fashion and still hold that woman, while in church, should not be ordained preachers...teachers and all else just not preachers, according to Gods word in the NT and OT. Have a good evening.
(03-21-2012, 01:35 PM)HOPE7 Wrote: And who gives you the right to decide what I can or cannot consider rude or bitter. You dont think that anyone has the right to deem what is offensive to them? Who is wearing judement shoes? On this matter we disagree. When you use the word Jew in a degrogatory manner it doesnt matter what you said the fact that you took a nationality, of which they have no control over, no one decides who their parents will be and in which home you will be born into, and used that in a statement that puts that nationality down is rude and offensive. Shalom

Pointing to an area of law of Moses that Jews don't keep is not putting a nationality down.

Outside of blatant profanity, you make a heart judgment. You judge somewhere in my heart is a bunch of rude and bitterness off of "Oh's" and "Uh, oh's"? I mean, I can't be bitter, I wasn't raised in an Orthodox home attending some Orthodox congregation. I was raised in a secular home. I didn't make a judgment about your words, all I had to do is read where you're telling me how to behave, when you don't have the authority to do so. No judgment shoes needed.

That is why I never tell people how to behave, because I know I'm nobody's master. My statements were not even laced with profanity. Yet hey, "Oh's" and "Uh, Oh's" are now somehow bitter and rude and I need to be nicer....because I'm putting an entire Nationality down? Apostle Paul said not to judge another man's servant, and since we're all servants of Christ it is not up to us whether we stand or fall, it is up to God. Or you can be like user Papawray on Zola Levitt's discussion forums and judge who is and isn't a Christian too...ridiculous.

Yet you've judged my heart as bitter and rude, you completely read into, extrapolate and judge off of all things "Oh's" and "Uh, oh's".