Bible Options Bible Study Software
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Because Isaiah 53 cannot be about Israel...
In Isaiah 53, the servant is completely guiltless, innocent and rigtheous meaning he doesn't sin. According to the Torah if Israel as a nation is righteous, then Israel as a nation is not going to suffer and be killed (Leviticus 26, Deuteronomhy 28).

Isaiah 53 cannot be about some righteous remnant because of the same blessing, to be righteous does not bring suffering. Any belief otherwise completely contradicts the word of God.

But these so-called rabbi's say it is the righteous remnant taking the pains and suffering and bringing healing in Isaiah 53 as either Israel or some righteous remnant. When millions were slaughtered in the Holocaust, did that bring healing to Germany? No. When the Babylonians killed Jews, did that bring healing to Babylon? No.

It is God himself who says to Abraham those who curse you will be cursed!

Isaiah 53 says by his wounds we are healed. And it is only in Jesus Christ who is the only righteous remnant.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(09-05-2011, 06:24 PM)MessianicJew Wrote: In Isaiah 53, the servant is completely guiltless, innocent and rigtheous meaning he doesn't sin. According to the Torah if Israel as a nation is righteous, then Israel as a nation is not going to suffer and be killed (Leviticus 26, Deuteronomhy 28).

Isaiah 53 cannot be about some righteous remnant because of the same blessing, to be righteous does not bring suffering. Any belief otherwise completely contradicts the word of God.

But these so-called rabbi's say it is the righteous remnant taking the pains and suffering and bringing healing in Isaiah 53 as either Israel or some righteous remnant. When millions were slaughtered in the Holocaust, did that bring healing to Germany? No. When the Babylonians killed Jews, did that bring healing to Babylon? No.

It is God himself who says to Abraham those who curse you will be cursed!

Isaiah 53 says by his wounds we are healed. And it is only in Jesus Christ who is the only righteous remnant.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So true Messianic. I think Israel doesn't realize who the righteous servant was sent to first;to fulfil G-D's promise to Israel, and by that Grace through His Servant,Yeshua, the only One completely righteous, and innocent , and free from sin, who was capable of fulfilling Isaiah 53;5, to restore Israel eternal, that G-D's Grace to Israel, would overflow to the world! Shalom

Isaiah 53 and 42 also are written so PERSONally they are about an individual. Israel is often called the daughter OF Zion, or "my people," or the children of Israel, perhaps there are other references to her. But of the Messiah the scripture is so personal, Psalm 22 for another example!
Isaiah 53, 42 and Psalm 22 are all written about a PERSON. There is no attempt to speak figuratively as "the daughter of Zion", or "the children of Israel" or even "my people." Isaiah Ch. 1 is the opposite, The Lord is specifically speaking to the nation.
(09-05-2011, 06:24 PM)MessianicJew Wrote: In Isaiah 53, the servant is completely guiltless, innocent and rigtheous meaning he doesn't sin.

Bs'd

That notion is nowhere to be found in the Tanach.

Quote: But these so-called rabbi's say it is the righteous remnant taking the pains and suffering and bringing healing in Isaiah 53 as either Israel or some righteous remnant. When millions were slaughtered in the Holocaust, did that bring healing to Germany? No. When the Babylonians killed Jews, did that bring healing to Babylon? No.

The suffering of the Jewish people brings healing to the Jewish people, because through the suffering the sins are erased.

Nowhere does it say the through the suffering of the servant = Israel the whole world will be healed. The Jews will be healed through it.

There is no indication whatsoever that Isaiah 53 speaks about the messiah. It speaks about the servant of God, and, as we all know, when it speaks about the servant of God, it does not speak about God Himself, but about somebody else.

Therefore the servant is not God and therefore not JC.
Bs'd

NOWHERE in Isaiah, and NOWHERE in the whole Tanach, is the messiah ever addressed as "the servant of God".

Israel MANY times:

Isaiah 41:8: “But thou , Israel art my servant, Jacob whom I have chosen, the seed of Abraham my friend. Thou who I have taken from the ends of the earth, and called thou from the chief men thereof, and said unto thee: Thou art my servant, I have chosen thee, and not cast thee away.”

Isaiah 44:1-2; “Yet now hear, O Jacob my servant, and Israel who I have chosen. Thus said the Lord that made thee, and formed thee from the womb, which will help thee; fear not O Jacob my servant, and thou Jesurun whom I have chosen.”

Isaiah 44:21; “Remember these, O Jacob and Israel, for thou art my servant. I have formed thee, thou art my servant; O Israel thou shalt not be forgotten of me

Isaiah 45:4; “For Jacob, my servant’s sake, and Israel mine elect, I have even called thee by thy name.”

Isaiah 48:20; “The lord hath redeemed his servant Jacob.”

Isaiah 49:3; “And said unto me: Thou art my servant, O Israel, in whom I will be glorified.”

The servant that Isaiah is talking about is the people of Israel.
(09-14-2011, 11:22 AM)Guest Wrote: Isaiah 53 and 42 also are written so PERSONally they are about an individual. Israel is often called the daughter OF Zion, or "my people," or the children of Israel, perhaps there are other references to her. But of the Messiah the scripture is so personal, Psalm 22 for another example!

Bs'd

Here you can see that Isaiah 42 undisputably speaks about Israel. It is literally spelled out in it:

http://Isaiah53.notlong.com
(01-16-2014, 05:35 AM)Eliyahu Wrote:
(09-05-2011, 06:24 PM)MessianicJew Wrote: In Isaiah 53, the servant is completely guiltless, innocent and rigtheous meaning he doesn't sin.

Bs'd

That notion is nowhere to be found in the Tanach.

It is right here: 9 And he made his grave with the wicked, and with the rich in his death; because he had done no violence, neither was any deceit in his mouth.

Israel as a nation did plenty of violence and deceit. Also, Jacob did not make his grave with the wicked, nor did Israel.

(01-16-2014, 05:39 AM)Eliyahu Wrote:
The servant that Isaiah is talking about is the people of Israel.

Impossible.

Isaiah 53:
8 for the transgression of my people was he stricken.

The nation of Israel being stricken for the nation of Israel doesn't even make sense.

Finally Isaiah 53:12 seals it.
and he bare the sin of many, and made intercession for the transgressors.

As said at the very beginning, if Israel is righteous they never bare the sin of many.
Rom_5:8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.
1Jn_2:1 My little children, these things I write to you, so that you may not sin. And if anyone sins, we have an Advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous.