Bible Options Bible Study Software
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I need prayers
Hello to all.
I currently do not go to church but am seeking prayer anyway. Even though I do not attend church God is still my focus in life....at least I try to keep Him first. Anyway, I am desperately seeking prayer. Very seldom do I ask for prayer for myself. I believe in seeking it for others first but maybe this time God said, "it's okay." I'm unhappy in nearly every aspect of my life. I don't mean to sound selfish or self absorbed or sound like I'm whining. I know that no matter how hard it is for me, someone else has it harder. I've been extremely depressed lately as I'm sure many have with the economy, but my hubby is helping make life miserable for me. He's been moping and grumpy and I just don't know how much I can take. I love him dearly but everyone has their limits. His family mistreats him. I'm all he has and I cannot bear the thought of being just one more that turns their back on him. Please pray for him. He is so insensitive, he has this nearly insecurity when I speak about my mom, he's not very friendly to her (for no reason at all - she's so good to him), etc. He recently lost a job he was promised and I wonder if this is it. He is trying to hold on to aspects of Judaism and that's fine but I was hoping he would find a little more peace than he's had lately. Anyone have any suggestions? Please pray for us that God would open doors.....and knock down walls. Thank you all.
Lovingly, ShiningstarHuh
I pray that God will lift you through this to the purpose He has. I urge you to seek out prayer support in a fellowship group.
I most certainly will lift your need in prayer and I share with you some things that have helped me when things are upsidedown in my life; I read scripture and try and memorize it. The power of the Word of G-d is unfathomable and it cleans us so beautifully. Often just this will clear away cob webs and I can get a better handle of my situation and have a better view on things. Today I am working on Isaiah 48:17 What more can we be thankful about than a G-d that teaches us and directs our paths. Even the bad things He turns into good...Im sure that really annoys the devil and his demonic agents....cool huh!

Another is singing hymns and listening to JFJ music, calms the soul. Also, if its not to blantant a sell, purchase JFJ anointing oil and pray for your husband and anoint him....G-d has blessed this oil and with our sincere prayers makes a difference.
And trying to help someone else, also takes some of the pain of our lives away. I also say the name of JESUS and pray it over my situation when life is turned upsidedown-It really does help.

Just yesterday I saw a friend on the road, her car was smoking, she got it running by the time I got there and asked her how life was going. She has to move in the next two weeks, not her idea her landlord told her move because her dog bite a neighbor, and her brakes are going out on her only car. She has no money to fix them, she is pouring brake fluid into it like every 30 minutes, she is dependent on her car for her work-she is self employed. She nearly broke down in tears telling me her heartache. My heart broke for her. She has no one to help her and because of her poverty and her poor persona and her personality issues she is ostracized and an outcast. Would you also lift her and her needs to the Lord Jesus with me. Thank you for praying for her too!
Most importantly. Look for a church that has similiar beliefs as you and your husband. Support from other beleivers helps immensely.
(09-14-2011, 10:24 AM)HOPE7 Wrote: Most importantly. Look for a church that has similiar beliefs as you and your husband. Support from other beleivers helps immensely.

Thank you Hope7 and Thomas. I appreciate your encouraging words. Hope7, I will definitely pray for your friend. I know money issues can take their toll. We too are self employed and anymore it's a guess where the next paycheck will come from but I have found that G-d is always faithful. I'll pray for your friend. Thank you and G-d bless you all.
Love In Him,
ShiningStarShy
Prayer recognizes that God is able, that God is in control, that God is faithful. Prayer recognizes that God has done wonders in the past.
I invited her to the Rick Gage Crusade and I hope she comes to it. She is doing better. Thank you. She could do even better if she put more trust in G-d and less in societies crutches ie alcohol and cigarettes and not honoring G-d. One can only keep praying for her. I know how difficult it is and I know how people look down on single woman. You can almost do nothing right. So I lift her up as I would want to be lifted up as well. Thank you for lifting her up too.
(09-13-2011, 01:22 PM)shiningstar Wrote: Hello to all.
I currently do not go to church but am seeking prayer anyway. Even though I do not attend church God is still my focus in life....at least I try to keep Him first. Anyway, I am desperately seeking prayer. Very seldom do I ask for prayer for myself. I believe in seeking it for others first but maybe this time God said, "it's okay." I'm unhappy in nearly every aspect of my life. I don't mean to sound selfish or self absorbed or sound like I'm whining. I know that no matter how hard it is for me, someone else has it harder. I've been extremely depressed lately as I'm sure many have with the economy, but my hubby is helping make life miserable for me. He's been moping and grumpy and I just don't know how much I can take. I love him dearly but everyone has their limits. His family mistreats him. I'm all he has and I cannot bear the thought of being just one more that turns their back on him. Please pray for him. He is so insensitive, he has this nearly insecurity when I speak about my mom, he's not very friendly to her (for no reason at all - she's so good to him), etc. He recently lost a job he was promised and I wonder if this is it. He is trying to hold on to aspects of Judaism and that's fine but I was hoping he would find a little more peace than he's had lately. Anyone have any suggestions? Please pray for us that God would open doors.....and knock down walls. Thank you all.
Lovingly, ShiningstarHuh
Keep loving Him, and have faith; Yeshua will not fail you!. Remember , that church lives within you, and not a building. It's nice to congregate, but when you can't, He is always with you, and hears you! He is G-D the Father, not the Godfather! Look past your husbands grumpiness , and listen to what he is really saying; Perhaps he's hurt, and worried about money, and feels inadequate, or not feeling good..There's always a reason for anger. Find it, and you will open the door to his heart. Blessings

Thank you for mentioning that when we cannot congregate that the church is within us...thank you.
(10-21-2011, 01:05 PM)HOPE7 Wrote: Thank you for mentioning that when we cannot congregate that the church is within us...thank you.
Blessings Hope