Bible Options Bible Study Software
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Biblically Incorrect
There are difficult times ahead.
2 As the end approaches, people are going to be self-absorbed, money-hungry, self-promoting, stuck-up, profane, contemptuous of parents, crude, coarse,
3 dog-eat-dog, unbending, slanderers, impulsively wild, savage, cynical,
4 treacherous, ruthless, bloated windbags, addicted to lust, and allergic to God.
5 They'll make a show of religion, but behind the scenes they're animals. Stay clear of these people.
6 These are the kind of people who smooth-talk themselves into the homes of unstable and needy women and take advantage of them; women who, depressed by their sinfulness, take up with every new religious fad that calls itself "truth."
7 They get exploited every time and never really learn.
8 These men are like those old Egyptian frauds Jannes and Jambres, who challenged Moses. They were rejects from the faith, twisted in their thinking, defying truth itself.
9 But nothing will come of these latest impostors. The elect will see through them, just as those who saw through the Egyptian hoax.
Should I say Rick Santorum ;Biblically correct! in a biblically incorrect society. Unfortunately he will not get elected if we are where I think we are in time. Though I hope he does, he would be my pick from day 1.If Obama gets re-elected [he is 57% likely to be elected] G-D help us all!

Rick Santorum: Equality Comes From 'God Of Abraham, Isaac And Jacob,' Not Islam

Rick Santorum said during a campaign stop on Friday that the concept of equality comes from the "God of Abraham," not from other religions.

"I get a kick out of folks who call for equality now, the people on the left, 'Well, equality, we want equality.' Where do you think this concept of equality comes from?" said Santorum, according to ABC News. "It doesn't come from Islam. It doesn't come from the East and Eastern religions, where does it come from? It comes from the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, that's where it comes from."

Santorum went on to suggest that people who don't live according to what he termed "God's law" can't claim "equality."

"Don't claim his rights, don't claim equality as that gift from God and then go around and say, 'Well, we don't have to pay attention to what God wants us to do,'" Santorum continued to the enthusiastic crowd. "'We don't have to pay attention to God's moral laws.' If your rights come from God, then you have an obligation to live responsibly in conforming with God's laws, and our founders said so, right?"

The Huffington Post's Howard Fineman reported that South Carolinians generally despise "political correctness" and judge their politicians for their willingness to shun it. By that measure, Santorum succeeded.

However, the Council on American-Islamic Relations condemned his remarks. "The Quran, Islam's revealed text, is the best refutation of Mr. Santorum's inaccurate and offensive remarks, which are unbecoming of anyone who hopes to hold our nation's highest office. Christians, Jews and Muslims all worship the same God and share religious traditions that promote justice and equality," said Director Ibrahim Hooper in a statement, reaffirming Islam's place as one of the Abrahamic religions.

Santorum faces an uphill battle in South Carolina, where Newt Gingrich and Mitt Romney are vying to win the state.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/01/21...20767.html
BRITISH GOV. BANS CHRISTIAN GROUP FROM ADVERTISING THAT GOD CAN HEAL ILLNESSES
Posted on February 7, 2012 at 7:17pm by
Faith healing comes with a fair share of controversy. For some non-believers, the notion that a higher power would intervene to heal the afflicted it patently absurd. For some believers, even, the practice seems somewhat above and beyond the earthly realm of possibility.

Yet for others, faith healing is an important tenet that showcases the full power and ability of the Almighty. But in England, the government is agreeing with the former cohorts, as an agency is cracking down on the notion that God can cure those in need.

The Advertising Standards Authority (ASA), Britain’s media advertising watchdog, has banned a Christian group from making claims on its web site and advertising brochures that God can cure a number of ailments, RNS reports. According to the ad authority, the group Healing on the Streets (HOTS) Baths was being both irresponsible and misleading in its stated claims about God’s power to heal.

Here’s a “trailer” that explains the group’s work:
http://youtu.be/TVzO4jvZnwQ
Gay marriage wins final approval in Washington.

Published On Thursday, February 09, 2012 01:56 AM Yourjewishnews.com/Reuters

A bill to legalize gay marriage in Washington state won final legislative approval on Wednesday in a largely party-line vote that moved the state to the cusp of becoming the seventh in the nation to recognize same-sex nuptials.

Washington's Democratic Governor Christine Gregoire said she looked forward to signing the measure and "putting into law an end to an era of discrimination" even as opponents, led by religious conservatives, vowed to seek its repeal at the polls in November.
The approval in the state House of Representatives came a day after gay marriage advocates won a key legal victory in California when a federal appeals court declared a voter-approved gay marriage ban in that state unconstitutional.

The Washington legislation cleared the state House of Representatives by a vote of 55-43, a week after the state Senate passed it by a 28-21 vote. Democrats, accounting for the lion's share of support for the bill, control both legislative bodies in Olympia.
Several prominent Washington-based companies employing tens of thousands of workers in the state also endorsed the bill, including Microsoft, Amazon and Starbucks.

Supporters of same-sex marriage are pushing similar statutes in Maryland and New Jersey, and a referendum to legalize gay marriage in Maine has qualified for the November ballot there.
Six other states already recognize gay marriage -- New York, Massachusetts, Connecticut, Vermont, New Hampshire and Iowa -- as does the District of Columbia.
But neither Tuesday's legal ruling in San Francisco nor the statehouse action in Olympia will immediately alter the status quo for gay couples. The outcome of the court challenge in California is likely to remain stayed until the appeals process finishes running its course, and the Washington state measure cannot go into effect before early June.

http://jewishnews.sharepoint.com/pages/16120.aspx
Exodus Int'l Head Calls Gays 'Brothers and Sisters in Christ'

By Jeff Schapiro , Christian Post Reporter
February 8, 2012|6:10 pm
The president of the world's largest ministry to homosexuals and their families recently attempted to clarify controversial statements he made at a Gay Christian Network conference in Orlando, Fla., including one in which he described gays at the conference as "brothers and sisters in Christ."

"I believe that if a person has accepted the free gift of salvation, then the gift is irrevocable," Exodus International President Alan Chambers explained. "So, when someone says that they are a born again believer, I address them as a brother or sister in Christ."

Chambers published his comments on his ministry's website last Friday, weeks after returning from the annual GCN conference. GCN describes itself as "a nonprofit ministry serving Christians who happen to be lesbian, gay, bisexual, or transgender, and those who care about them."

The Exodus head voluntarily participated in a forum at the event in January, where he was "grilled for about 3 hours" in front of a crowd of 450 people. Most of those people probably disagree with his view that homosexuality is outside of the will of God. Exodus encourages people to turn away from homosexuality through the power of Christ, while GCN embraces homosexuality as an acceptable lifestyle for the Christian person.

Although many people who attended reject the concept of ex-gay ministries, Chambers addressed those in attendance as Christian brothers and sisters.

"As an adoptive father, my children are irrevocably mine. They may disown me, stop talking to me and sin against me, but that does not change the fact that they are mine and always will be. I believe the same is true of God with His adopted children," said Chambers. "Thus, I believe that people who sin (all of us) can be Christian if they have accepted that free gift of salvation."

http://www.christianpost.com/news/exodus...ist-69012/
You know, I wasn't quite sure where to put this one. It's somewhere between Biblically incorrect and end of the world!I guess I'll put it here since it follows my earlier remarks about Madonna;

Israeli fans beg PM to hold off Iran attack over Madonna show
New Facebook group asks Prime Minister to postpone any plans to a strike of Iran's nuclear facilities until after the Queen of Pop's planned May 29 visit.

http://www.haaretz.com/culture/arts-leis...w-1.412014

At least Israel has their priorities straight?????????????????????????????????????????????????Whuaaaat???
That's not a kosher experience I do think!
More like worshipping pagan deities does not go well in war for Israel!?*
Super Bowl XLVI - Strange Flesh and Giants
Joseph Herrin (02-08-2012)

In the recent post Drowning in Deception I spoke of the significance of 2012 being the Year of the Water Dragon according to the Chinese calendar. Satan is pouring forth a flood of deception out of his mouth to sweep away all mankind. He is opening the floodgates and inundating the world with the filth of his pollution.

In the more recent post Babylon Rising I looked at the construction of One World Trade Center as a parable of Satan establishing his kingdom in this world. It was mentioned that One World Trade Center will be crowned with a spire that serves as a broadcast antenna, and it will be surrounded by a ring of television microwave broadcast antennas. The media has become the mouthpiece of the dragon, and Satan is using it to manipulate the minds of the populace and prepare the world to accept him as god of this world.

When one considers the volume of words and images that are being sent forth by Satan through all forms of media there is cause for concern that the majority of Christians will not be able to stand.

According to the A.C. Nielsen Co., the average American watches more than 4 hours of TV each day (or 28 hours/week, or 2 months of nonstop TV-watching per year). In a 65-year life, that person will have spent 9 years glued to the tube.
[Source: http://www.csun.edu/science/health/docs/tv&health.html]

The above webpage goes on to provide the following statistics:

Percentage of households that possess at least one television: 99
Number of TV sets in the average U.S. household: 2.24
Percentage of U.S. homes with three or more TV sets: 66
Number of hours per day that TV is on in an average U.S. home: 6 hours, 47 minutes

If you observe the younger generation at all, you will understand that about the only thing that can compete with the amount of time they give to television is the time they give to listening to music. People these days listen to music almost non-stop. They turn the radio on as soon as they get in their cars. Students listen to music as they study. People have their headphones on as they run, or engage in other exercise. Music videos are extremely popular with some artists’ videos now approaching one billion views on YouTube.

In contrast, Christians are spending less time reading the Bible, praying, or studying Christian writings. Time spent in church is declining, and the time there is allotted more and more to entertainment while sermons lengths have decreased tremendously. Millions of Christians attend churches where the average Sunday message lasts approximately 15 minutes, and the value of the message is dubious.

page2Super Bowl XLVI - Strange Flesh and Giants

While Satan’s message is coming forth as a flood of darkness, the church today is failing miserably at countering this assault with the light of truth. Madonna made a profound statement the week before the Super Bowl as she gave an interview to Anderson Cooper. She stated:

“The Superbowl is kind of like the Holy of Holies in America. So here I am, I’ll come at halfway of the “church experience” and I’m gonna have to deliver a sermon. It’ll have to be very impactful.”

You can watch the interview at the link below:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZMaMQoHpQyo

Madonna’s show was definitely “impactful.” It has been receiving tremendous buzz throughout the Internet. It is reported that Madonna’s half-time showed generated more tweets through the Twitter website than the game itself. It is reported that 111 million people watched the Super Bowl garnering 47.8 percent of all television viewers.

I am among the 1 percent of Americans that does not own a television, and I did not watch the broadcast. I have reviewed reports of the game, and particularly of the half-time show. I also watched the 13 minute half-time show on YouTube. Satan most certainly held a church service. One might call it a Black Mass. Madonna was high priestess officiating at the event. There was even a choir of black robed singers in attendance at one point in the half-time show to further sanctify this event as a religious convocation.

Madonna, Cee Lo Green, and Choir

There is no mistaking the fact that this was not a “Christian concert.” It was a celebration of Lucifer, and the half-time show served as a “coming-out party” for Satan as the god of this world.

read more;
http://www.parablesblog.blogspot.com/201...h-and.html
Enoch Book of the "Watchers" Part 1 of 7
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGXmfTK5O...e=youtu.be

Are we on to something?
Religious Leaders Supporting Md. Gay Marriage Bill Cherry Picked

Gay rights advocates have drawn a select group of religious leaders to support gay marriage in Maryland ahead of Friday's hearing for the "marriage equality" bill.

Maryland Gov. Martin O'Malley has been drawing on the public support of a cherry picked group of leaders representing various faiths, including the Jewish, Catholic, Baptist and Protestant traditions, to make the argument for his 2012 gay marriage bill.

The Rev. Mariann Edgar Budde, bishop of the Episcopal Diocese of Washington, supports the gay marriage bill and told Protestants and Episcopal followers Wednesday that the Bible should inform their decision to support initiative. The Old Testament scriptures, she explained in The Washington Post, "condemns exploitative sexual activity that is the antithesis of loving, committed relationships," not homosexuality.

On Tuesday, the Rev. Al Sharpton offered a videotaped endorsement of the Maryland bill. Sharpton addressed Marylanders as a minister despite being the host of an MSNBC show.

"As a Baptist minister, I don't have the right to impose my beliefs on anyone else," he said. So if committed gay and lesbian couples want to marry, that's their business."

read more; http://www.christianpost.com/news/religi...ked-69049/