Bible Options Bible Study Software
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Biblically Incorrect
TELEVANGELIST JOEL OSTEEN TELLS PIERS MORGAN HE’D ATTEND A GAY WEDDING

On Tuesday night, televangelist Joel Osteen appeared alongside his wife, Victoria, on CNN’s “Piers Morgan Tonight,” where he discussed the highly-contentious issue of gay marriage.

During the show, Morgan showed a clip from Osteen’s January appearance on the show. In the clip, the pastor is seen stating that he believes, based on the Bible, that homosexuality is a sin.

After showing Osteen his past words on the matter, Morgan asked, ”Has your position changed at all since then?” Here was the mega pastor’s response:

Osteen reiterated numerous times that he is “not…against anybody.” In analyzing the dialogue, Greg Hengler, over at TownHall.com, wrote:

Kudos to Joel for saying homosexuality is a sin, but, like a pilot or a sea captain, if your coordinate system is off by even a tiny bit, your destination will be missed by a heckuva lot.
Toward the middle of this clip Joel begins to lose a biblically-centered navigation system when he concedes: “I’m not against anything.” He and his wife Victoria also confess that they would attend a homosexual marriage; and therefore, be witness to, not speak out in objection to, and have to “forever hold their peace” about that union.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/televang...-is-a-sin/

Azriel; To not make a statement, is to make a statement!I wonder what Yeshua would say if He was invited to a gay wedding?
We have seen in the last 50 or so years a steady decline in genuine orthodoxy. We have seen a speedy decline in ministers who once held to an orthodox faith literally abandoned any pretence and just into whatever theological river that passed by. Today this decline has accelerated to an almost unbelievable pace. The main goal is always money. If there is money in it many of these men will be working it. If this means betraying the faith they once claimed to uphold then their conscience is undisturbed.

The latest heresy to dawn upon our shores is this Christlam. The belief is that Islam and Christianity can join hands and worship together as brothers in the same faith.

Rev 3: 14-16 And unto the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write; These things saith the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation of God; I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot. So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.”

Just recently, Rick Warren, founder and pastor of Saddleback Community Church in Orange County California, addressed the convention of the Islamic Society of North America. Warren stated that Muslims and Christians must work together to combat stereotypes, promote peace and freedom, and solve global problems. Christians and Moslems – faith mates, soul mates and now work mates! Chrislam!

Quote of the Day: “Before we “shake your hand” in responding to your letter, we ask forgiveness of the All-Merciful One and of the Muslim community around the world.” – Rick Warren in a speech to Muslims.

This weekend, the Memorial Drive Presbyterian Church in Houston along with Christian communities in Atlanta, Seattle, and Detroit will initiate a series of sermons that have been designed to produce an ecumenical reconciliation between Christianity and Islam. In addition to the sermons, the Sunday school lessons will center on the inspired teachings of the Prophet Mohammad. Qurans will be placed in the pews next to the Bibles.

The concept of Chrislam, now embraced by such preachers as Rick Warren and Robert Schuller, appears to have emerged from a program on the meaning of “love your neighbor” at Grace Fellowship Church in Atlanta, Georgia

The Chrislam movement has gained impetus by statements from President George W. Bush and that Christians, Jews, and Muslims all worship the same God and by Rick Warren’s reference to Isa (the Muslim name for Jesus) in his prayer at the inauguration of President Barack Obama.

Jesus in the Quran is neither the only-begotten Son of God nor the Messiah who was divinely appointed to restore the House of David. He is rather viewed as a prophet who was appointed by Allah to prepare mankind for the coming of Mohammad.” source – The Last Crusade

http://www.nowtheendbegins.com/blog/?p=1366
Some evangelists ;Not buying into Chrislam;

http://youtu.be/GYp92mag8vQ
Joel Osteen says he cant say Jesus Christ is the Only Way for other people. I can!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KwL1DThtxYg
Oprah Winfrey: Jesus Did Not Come To Die On The Cross

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=xM5ILOsHLnw
Inside Edition Investigates TV Preachers Living Like Rock Stars;I turned on TV one night and Paula White was saying; Reap the Harvest Firstfruit feast , and send $7,000.oo and you will get the blessings from G-D. Then I switched the channel and Benny Hinn was selling anointings for a $1,000.oo for TBN . What does the Bible say about this?;

Acts18:13 Then Simon himself believed also: and when he was baptized, he continued with Philip, and wondered, beholding the miracles and signs which were done.

14Now when the apostles which were at Jerusalem heard that Samaria had received the word of God, they sent unto them Peter and John:

15Who, when they were come down, prayed for them, that they might receive the Holy Ghost:

16(For as yet he was fallen upon none of them: only they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.)

17Then laid they their hands on them, and they received the Holy Ghost.

18And when Simon saw that through laying on of the apostles' hands the Holy Ghost was given, he offered them money,

19Saying, Give me also this power, that on whomsoever I lay hands, he may receive the Holy Ghost.

20But Peter said unto him, Thy money perish with thee, because thou hast thought that the gift of God may be purchased with money.

21Thou hast neither part nor lot in this matter: for thy heart is not right in the sight of God.

22Repent therefore of this thy wickedness, and pray God, if perhaps the thought of thine heart may be forgiven thee.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJ9oBCLwwL0

A Message to His Holy Highness the Worshipful Bishop Rev. Dr. Apostle Grand Poobah
Wednesday, 09 November 2011 09:14 AM EST J. Lee Grady Newsletters - Fire In My Bones

Jesus just wasn’t into titles. We shouldn’t be either.

I am often asked if I have a title, and my answer doesn’t satisfy some people. I travel a lot, so I don’t consider myself a pastor. All kinds of labels have been pinned on me: Reverend, prophet, apostle … even bishop. Once I was introduced to a church as “Dr. Grady” and I almost crawled under my seat. I only have a college degree. There are no letters after my name.

I tell people: “You can call me Lee. Or if you want to sound formal, you can say, ‘Brother Grady.’”

“Jesus is the King of Kings, the Lord of Lords, the Son of David, the Prince of Peace and the Apostle of our Confession. Yet when He came into this world He laid aside His heavenly glory and took on the lowly name of Jesus.”

Today it seems we’ve developed a title fetish. For a while everyone in charismatic circles was becoming a bishop (and some were installed into this office with rings, robes and funny-looking hats). Then the same guys with the pointy hats started calling themselves apostles. Then the prophets got jealous and started calling themselves apostles too! I knew one lady who, not to be outdone, required people to call her “Exalted Prophetess.”

Now the latest fad is requiring church folks to address certain people as apostles. (As in, “When Apostle Holy Moly arrives, please only address him as, ‘Apostle,’ and then make sure he is seated in a private room while his two adjutants, wearing dark glasses, guard his door.”) They’ve even invented an elaborate theology to go along with this ridiculous rule. It suggests that you can’t receive the true anointing from a man of God if you don’t honor him with the right title.

Sounds so very ooo-ooh spiritual to the naive. But it’s garbage.

http://www.charismamag.com/index.php/fir...and-poobah
The Assault on Christian Zionism

November 17, 2011

Dear Friend of Israel,

A disturbing movement is making inroads in the evangelical Christian world. A recent op-ed in the Jerusalem Post summed it up: “Evangelical and conservative Christians — Israel's most important allies — are increasingly targeted for conversion from Christian Zionism to Christian Palestinianism.”

What is “Christian Palestinianism”? It is a movement that purports to be “pro-Palestinian” but in fact traffics in anti-Israel propaganda and historical misinformation. And, as its adherents work to influence the evangelical community, support for Israel among evangelicals is in danger of being undermined, and the next generation of evangelicals may well grow up with a very dim view of Israel and her supporters.

“Christian Palestinianism” manifests itself in a variety of ways. It’s on display in a 2010 film widely screened at colleges and churches titled With God on Our Side, which claims to refute Christian Zionism, but in fact offers only half-truths and outright lies packaged to appeal to Christians who haven’t been exposed to the facts of the Arab-Israeli conflict. It has taken hold at evangelical colleges like Wheaton in suburban Chicago, where professor Gary Burge indoctrinates his students with a pathological contempt of what he calls Israeli “apartheid.” And it’s alive and well at megachurches like Willow Creek, where Lynne Hybels, wife of pastor Bill Hybels, enthusiastically embraces the Palestinian “Christ at the Checkpoint” movement, which reduces Zionism to “a modern political movement” that “has become ethnocentric, privileging one people at the expense of others.”

For Christians who love and support Israel, as well as for Jews who have come to take evangelical support for granted, all this might come as a shock. But there’s no time to be shocked — it’s time to act. The battle to inform Christians about the truth of the Arab-Israeli conflict is a struggle we can’t afford to lose — but if we wait too long to engage in it, we easily could.
http://www.ifcj.org/site/News2?abbr=sfi_...1111XXEXXA
[quote='Azriel' pid='67202' dateline='1321589871']
The Assault on Christian Zionism

It must already be lost after more than 60 years and little accomplished for the world but more misery and hoplessness...
Quote:A disturbing movement is making inroads in the evangelical Christian world. A recent op-ed in the Jerusalem Post summed it up: “Evangelical and conservative Christians — Israel's most important allies — are increasingly targeted for conversion from Christian Zionism to Christian Palestinianism.”

Like that you are posting this, I see this happening indeed the last years a lot. But people should get their knowledge straith. Zionists also have their propaganda, or one way of telling things.
anti-Israel Christians often forget that the state of Israel was agreed upon after WW-I when the Ottoman empire fell apart and they even agreed upon the San Remo documents. Israel was promissed and agreed upon in the early 1920's. Then all hell broke loose.

ABOUT Joel Osteen. I never got it, to me he doesn't show to be that intellegent at all. To me his shows look like easy entertainment to give people a happy feeling. Well he talks much but tries to make some friendly atmosphere to befriend as much people he wants it seems.
Did he ever disagree and stood up against something authenticly?

Be well.