Bible Options Bible Study Software
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anti-Christ is a myth !!
Yes the bible tells us in the last days people would turn to myths old wives tales and fables . Because christian s are sadly lacking in their understanding of the Old Testament. They are easily fooled by the symbolic language of the New Testament.
Ribera a Jesuit priest began the fable 500 years ago to deflect the people away from the bible and follow the church Roman Catholic.

1Ti 1:4 Neither give heed to fables and endless genealogies, which minister questions, rather than godly edifying which is in faith: [so do]

1Ti 4:7 But refuse profane and old wives' fables, and exercise thyself [rather] unto godliness.
2Ti 4:4 And they shall turn away [their] ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

Modern christians follow cunningly devised fables not the Old Testament.
One of the easiest to prove is the fable of Anti-christ.
christians total lack of scripture understanding.

Let us look at the verses on anti-christ.

Jo 4:1 ¶ Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.
1Jo 4:2 Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God:

1Jo 4:3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that [spirit] of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.

THE SPIRIT OF ANTICHRIST IS NOT A PERSON ANYONE CAN BE AN ANTICHRIST.
Those waiting for antichrist to come will be misled by the churches at the
return of Messiah.

May YHWH bless your study of His Old Testament
These verses are very plain to understand.

1Jo 2:18 Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time.

1Jo 2:22 Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.

1Jo 4:3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that [spirit] of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.

2Jo 1:7 For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.

ANTICHRIST IS NOT A SINGLE PERSON COMING IN THE FUTURE.
"The Spirit of AntiChrist is not a person, anyone can be an AntiChrist"

This is the message of the Anti-Christ.

Do you repent?

God be the judge of your insanity.

(anti simply means in anticipation of, anyway)
(12-07-2011, 06:40 AM)Godservant Wrote: (anti simply means in anticipation of, anyway)

Not....... LOL
(12-07-2011, 06:40 AM)Godservant Wrote: "The Spirit of AntiChrist is not a person, anyone can be an AntiChrist"

This is the message of the Anti-Christ.

Do you repent?

God be the judge of your insanity.

(anti simply means in anticipation of, anyway)

"A prefix meaning against, opposite or opposed to, contrary, or in place of; -- used in composition in many English words. It is often shortened to ant-; as, antacid, antarctic."

I'm beginning to accept the fact that perhaps Thomas and TanachReader are correct. One does not need to be a scholar to believe and understand this nonsense. You just have to be ignorant in the literal sense.

Ta dah!!!

Avraham
I'm not sure why everyone is focussed on the last thing I wrote...

...to the world "anti" means "opposite" because they need an excuse to sin.
...if you check the Latin you will see the original meaning was in anticipation of.

Does "Anti-cipation" mean expecting the opposite?
Does "Anti-pasto" mean the opposite of the pasta?

You need to focus! This message that no one person is the AntiChrist is the message of the thread and if you are not careful you will be beguiled.
Ignorance is bliss!

Etymology
"Antichrist" is the English translation of the Koine Greek ἀντίχριστος (pronounced [anˈtikʰristos]). It is made up of two roots: αντί + Χριστός (anti + Christos). "Αντί" can mean not only “against” and “opposite of”, but also “in place of",[2] "Χριστός", translated "Christ", is Greek for the Hebrew "Messiah" meaning "anointed," and refers to Jesus of Nazareth[3] within Christian and Islamic theology.

Words have accepted meanings. Use them carefully.

Ta dah!!

Avraham
I agree that there is much misinformation and that people indeed love to misconstrue words and concepts; but I would site for you the following in relation to the Anti-Christ concept..

While I do agree that it is just that; a concept; and that as it is mentioned in the NT is is speaking of some very specific concepts regarding those Against Christ..

I also agree that ANYONE, as you say, could be as such. Those that are not living in freedom from the bondage of the flesh can only do the will of Satan and thus anyone and everyone serving their flesh alone may be serving the will of Satan fully and without shame.

However, I shall posit to you a few pieces of scripture that I feel do speak of some type of archetypal Satanic figure that exists whose sole purpose on Earth is to serve the will of Satan.

Sites are in bold

Daniel
26And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself: and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined.
27And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.

There are varying view on this (of course); but many take this to mean that the "Coming Prince" must be European or Italian since his "people" are clearly the Romans who in 70AD destroyed the city and the sanctuary; but I myself take this to mean that the Romans were (like most people) merely serving the will of Satan and their flesh being that they were not followers of God and the Word; therefore anyone indeed could be the Anti-Christ.. not just Italians or whomever..
But I think that the last part of this prophecy has YET to be fulfilled meaning that this "Coming Prince" has some things yet to do..
Pay attention to the "Midst of the Week" and then look at Revelation 13
4And they worshipped the dragon which gave power unto the beast: and they worshipped the beast, saying, Who is like unto the beast? who is able to make war with him?
5And there was given unto him a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies; and power was given unto him to continue forty and two months.

That 42 months is 3 and a Half years.. which I do take to be the same as the event spoken of in Daniel after the "Midst of the Week" a week meaning 7 years.

While I do not necessarily think that this figurehead is going to go around calling himself the Anti-Christ.. or even that it is going to be one man... Call the idea of the Anti-Christ a myth I think is kind of a stretch..

.. in my opinion.
"Daniel
26And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself: and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined.
27And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.
[/u][/i]"

There is one small matter that deserves some attention here. Daniel did not believe in Satan in the Christian sense.

But I'm an glad that you said, "in my opinion". That you are welcome too.

Ta dah!!

Avraham
The AntiChrist is before Christ.
The AntiChrist is without the work of Christ.
The AntiChrist is beyond the will of Christ.
The AntiChrist is averse to the revelation of Christ.

Which of these things is the opposite?

Oh but the cross, you think the AntiChrist is opposed to the cross...

The AntiChrist is unliking of the cross.

So you see you are imagining there is opposition there, when in fact it is your own will that is against you, while you are in denial.

You said yourself "anti" can mean "in place of" and how is it that something is in place of something else unless it in some way anticipates it? But this is futility. If you have not recognized your worldliness, how on Earth will you grasp the matter of the scripture?
Daniel did not believe in Satan in the Christian sense.

While I may be inclined to agree with you; I should ask how you know this to be a fact.
I think, however, that it is well established in the Book of Daniel and other prophets that they did not necessarily know what they were prophesying about anyway.

However, I'll go on with my opinion that there certainly is mention of "The Adversary" et cetera and other figures in OT books that can only speak to an entity "fallen from grace"..
If you think that I believe Satan to mean the "opposite of G-D" then you would be mistaken. G-D has no opposite. If anything the opposite of Satan would be Michael.

Of course I do not know specifically what you mean by "Christian sense" being that you view the label of Christianity of a collection of fractured and garbled concepts.
In Truth so do I.