Bible Options Bible Study Software
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Faith and religion trump everything else
I just read the most inspiring article about a Texas Orthodox basketball team that has advanced to the finals and are being denied the priviledge of playing because they wont play on the Sabbath. I am so moved and inspired by them! They are what make serving God so real and profound. I am praying that TAPPS allows them to play earlier on Friday and not on Friday night, but even if they dont, I am so proud of these players for standing up for what they beleive and not backing down. Kudos to them. Here is a quote from article that can be read at

quote "
The enrollment at Beren is only 274, and most of the students have grown up together, in a culture where faith and religion trump virtually everything else.

"There's nothing in the Jewish religion that doesn't want us to play basketball," Beren senior point guard Isaac Mirwis said. "But it's tradition, it's principle, and we stick true to our principles and that's what makes an identity ... God doesn't take a week off from us, so we can't take a week off from God." end quote AMEN. Good job.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/02/28/sab...z1nkAz32ud
Me thinks its better to be a champion in Gods eyes than in mans any day of the week.I do hope they are allowed to play but if not it will be because the leaders are afraid that the Beren will win....they are already winners because they made the right choice. Good job coach Cole and boys of basketball.
(02-29-2012, 05:40 PM)HOPE7 Wrote: Me thinks its better to be a champion in Gods eyes than in mans any day of the week.I do hope they are allowed to play but if not it will be because the leaders are afraid that the Beren will win....they are already winners because they made the right choice. Good job coach Cole and boys of basketball.

HOPE..that is such a heartwarming story...a whole basketball team refusing to play on God's Holy seventh day Sabbath...God bless them..they will be rewarded by God for their loyalty and love of Him...we need more like them.....God bless you!