Bible Options Bible Study Software
Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Jesus fulfilled over 300 prophecies
Tanachreader Wrote:The law was fulfilled by Jesus. Those many many years Israel lived were duplicated in the short 33 years Jesus had.
If you read about the 33 years of Jesus His life is very much Israel from Abraham, Isaac, Joseph, David, Jonah, many other Prophets, Moses.
As it happened to Israel so did it happen to Jesus the Messiah.
As the King of Israel Jesus went through what all Israel went through but was obedient as KING. Israel's King experience everything His people experienced. And he took their sufferings, their diseases and even their sins upon Himself. Can anyone have a greater KING, yet some did not recognize their KING. That is a King who Loves!
The temptations Israel went through, Jesus went through and defeated.

1. Israel called the first born son of God, so is Jesus the True Son of God who came down from Heaven.
2. As Pharoah slew  the first born of the Hebrews to try and kill the future deliverer Moses so did Herod slay the babies in Bethlehem to try and kill God's Messiah the deliverer.
3. As Israel went into Egypt in infantcy so did Jesus.
4. As Israel as a young son was called out of Egypt so was Jesus as a young Son.
5. As Israel spent 40 years in the wilderness so Jesus spent 40 days in the wilderness. When He fights off the devil in the wilderness He quotes from the book of Deut. the book where the children of Israel wandered in the wilderness.
6. As Israel passed through the baptismal waters coming out of Egypt, so was Jesus baptised in the waters and delcared God's Son.
7. As Israel went up to the side of the Mountain to hear God speak His Law so did Jesus speak, teach His disciples from the side of the Mount.
8. As Moses and the 70 Elders went up to listen and fellowship with God, ate with God. So did Jesus speak and feed the Israelites with a few Fish and loaves.
9. As Moses was sent off and not recognized as Israel's deliverer the first time then came back so was Jesus who will also come back to rescue Israel at the end of Jacob's trouble. Jacobs trouble was to wrestle with God in darkness and he got hurt. After he got hurt He acknowleded who He wrestled with was God. He was named ISRAEL.
10. As it happened with David Saul not willing to give up his seat to David the same happend with Jesus.
11. Moses raised his staff and GOD'S breath divided the waters, Jesus spoke and the waters obeyed.
12. Joseph sold by his brethern, Jesus betrayed for money.
THIS CAN GO ON AND ON!
IN 33 YEARS OF THE MESSIAH,
JESUS WAS ISRAEL,
JESUS WAS THE DELIVERER AND HEALER,
JESUS WAS ISRAEL'S SUFFERING,
JESUS WAS ISRAEL'S KING OBEDIENT TO THE FATHER UNTO DEATH
JESUS WAS GOD WITH ISRAEL, HE TAUGHT, FED, CHASTISED, HEALED, SHEPHERD
JESUS WAS ISRAEL'S ATONEMENT, THE SACRIFICE

TRULY THE KING, MESSIAH OF ALL

Amein, Awesome Post, full of truth and very inspiring. God bless you and Glory be to our Lord and savior, Yeshua of Nazareth- the holy one of Israel! He was who he said He was. It' so obvious!!!

In Him,
Nick
Amen Tanachreader!!  Haven't checked this post in a while.

11 Thine, O LORD is the greatness, and the power, and the glory, and the victory, and the majesty: for all that is in the heaven and in the earth is thine; thine is the kingdom, O LORD, and thou art exalted as head above all.

12 Both riches and honor come of thee, and thou reignest over all; and in thine hand is power and might; and in thine hand it is to make great, and to give strength unto all.

13 Now therefore, our God, we thank thee, and praise thy glorious name.

1 Chronicles 29: 11-13

YESHUA OUR MESSIAH!!
KING OF KINGS
LORD OF LORDS
ALPHA and OMEGA

Exactly right!  I've been a Christian all my life but only recently took a good look at why Jews don't believe that Jesus was the Messiah.  After months of study it became obvious to me that it is not in any way possible that Jesus was the Messiah, specifically because he didn't fulfill ANY of the prophesies, aside from being Jewish.  I now plan to convert to the true religion of Judaism.

BTW, hardly anybody on the web has anything good to say about Jews for Jesus.

EmmaG Wrote:The list goes on and on.  I would be impressed if Jesus fulfilled the actual Messianic prophecies along with these other so-called prophecies.  But the fact is, he didn't.  And the fact also still remains that these prophecies are not really prophecies.
EmmaG Wrote:The list goes on and on.  I would be impressed if Jesus fulfilled the actual Messianic prophecies along with these other so-called prophecies.  But the fact is, he didn't.  And the fact also still remains that these prophecies are not really prophecies.
[/quote]
Well Emma you're great on talk how about scripture to back up you allegations....
give us what you call "real Messianic prophecies" and then we can discuss them other wise you are calling the Tanach a book of lies because that is where all the above scriptures that have been given came from.
[quote=RobB]
Exactly right!  I've been a Christian all my life but only recently took a good look at why Jews don't believe that Jesus was the Messiah.  After months of study it became obvious to me that it is not in any way possible that Jesus was the Messiah, specifically because he didn't fulfill ANY of the prophesies, aside from being Jewish.  I now plan to convert to the true religion of Judaism.

BTW, hardly anybody on the web has anything good to say about Jews for Jesus.

Well RobB give us the scriptures that you claim Jesus didn't fulfill as the Messiah.

As for what people think about Jew for Jesus who cares?  Jesus said when people revile you rejoice for your redemption draws nigh.
   People didn't have nice things to say about Jesus and the Apostle nor the early Christians....where are those so called people now?  
RobB Wrote:hardly anybody on the web has anything good to say about Jews for Jesus.

The truth of a message is not determined by whether or not the messenger gets good press.
Let's set the record straight,

Jews for Jesus was Messianic before most people even knew what Messianic was.

Jews for Jesus is one of the main pioneers in the teaching that it is Jewish to believe in Jesus.

Jews for Jesus with their kind hearts was able to reach many hard heads in the world of fundamental Christianity.

Jews for Jesus has taught us Gentile Christians many things over the years.

Thirty and forty years ago, there was no such thing as Messianic and Jews for Jesus has contributed considerably to there now being Messianic Congregations throughout the world.

Jews for Jesus has been responsive to the leading of the Holy Spirit and as a result, many have been moved by the Holy Spirit to follow the Lord and to be united in one body with one purpose in Christ / Messiah.

There are not too many organizations that can make claims like these.

There are the Roths, the Rosenthals, the Chernoffs and there is also Jews for Jesus. Smile

Pardon me, if I forgot some people.

Shalom in the teaching that it is Jewish to believe in Jesus!
EmmaG Wrote:The problem is that Jesus didn't fulfill any of the ACTUAL Messianic prophecies.  And to say that he will when he comes again is not bibical.  No where in the Tanakh does it say that the Messiah will die and then come back a second time to fulfill the prophecies.  It was supposed to be a one shot deal.

The other problem is that so many of these Christian 'proofs' aren't really prophecies.  And many have nothing to do with the Messiah.

The virgin birth for example:  In the actual Hebrew text it says 'young woman' not virgin.  It also says the young woman - not a young woman.  Meaning that this woman was known to Isaiah and that she was also going to have the child in his lifetime.  This is not about some far off future event but instead a very current one. Jews for Judaism has a very good article on this which explains the nuances of the translation errors then I can here.

There is also the nonexist prophecy of the Messiah being born in Nazareth.  It simply does not exist.  Check to see if a responding scripture is referenced to this verse - I think it's in Matthew, but it may be Mark.  There isn't any.  There is no prophecy that says this.  

Or the thirty peices of silver 'prophecy'.  It is not a prophecy if you read the actual verses.  It talks about payment for services rendered.

The list goes on and on.  I would be impressed if Jesus fulfilled the actual Messianic prophecies along with these other so-called prophecies.  But the fact is, he didn't.  And the fact also still remains that these prophecies are not really prophecies.

Did a little checking and you are right it was a price for services rendered to Judas for his betrayal of Jesus.

Zec 11:12 And I said unto them, If ye think good, give [me] my price; and if not, forbear. So they weighed for my price thirty [pieces] of silver

was fulfilled in

Mat 26:15 And said [unto them], What will ye give me, and I will deliver him unto you? And they covenanted with him for thirty pieces of silver

No one said he was born in Nazerath He was born in Bethlehem..

Mic 5:2 But thou, Bethlehem Ephratah, [though] thou be little among the thousands of Judah, [yet] out of thee shall he come forth unto me [that is] to be ruler in Israel; whose goings forth [have been] from of old, from everlasting

fulfilled:

Mat 2:2  Saying, Where is he that is born King of the Jews? for we have seen his star in the east, and are come to worship him.
Mat 2:3  When Herod the king had heard [these things], he was troubled, and all Jerusalem with him.
Mat 2:4  And when he had gathered all the chief priests and scribes of the people together, he demanded of them where Christ should be born.
Mat 2:5  And they said unto him, In Bethlehem of Judaea: for thus it is written by the prophet,
Mat 2:6  And thou Bethlehem, [in] the land of Juda, art not the least among the princes of Juda: for out of thee shall come a Governor, that shall rule my people Israel.

as for die and return....

Psa 22:16 For dogs have compassed me: the assembly of the wicked have inclosed me: they pierced my hands and my feet.

David wasn't referring to himself.

Zec 12:10 And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications: and they shall look upon me whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him, as one mourneth for [his] only [son], and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for [his] firstborn

will be fulfilled

Rev 1:7 Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they [also] which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen

Now I asked before apparently you have no scripture to back up your assertions...If you do please enlighten us
I two believe there are around 300 Messianic Prophecies on who the Messiah would be.

In the Tanakh, there are roughly 300 prophesies on who the messiah would be…

1. He was to be in the line of David (Ps 89:3-4, 2 Sam 7:12-16)

2. He would be born in Bethlehem (Micah 5:2)

3. He would be born of a Virgin    (Isa 7:14)

4. He would live in Galilee (Isa 9:1, 2)

5. His missions would include the gentiles (Isa 42:1-4)

6. He would be pierced (Zech 12:10)

7. Resurrection followed by destruction of Jerusalem (Dan 9:26:1131:12:1, 11)

8. Betrayed by a friend for 30 pieces of silver (Zech 11; 1-13, Ps 41:9)

9. He would teach through parables (Isa 6:9-10, Ps 78:2)

10. Ministry would be one of healing (Isa 53:4)

Hundreds of years after this was written, all 300 plus verses were fulfilled by Jesus. This goes on to show how the Bible is the breathing word of God. All Scripture is inspired by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, for training in righteousness: 2 Timothy 3:16

Though I do have a question on Isa 7:14. Can I hear an explanation on if Isa was talking about a maiden or an actual virgin. I have heard many debates over this but I still have yet to grasp it.
Thanks
I may be naive.......but "Jewish Messiah"?

Generally "Jewish"  derives from the southern kingdom of Judah in the territory of Judea. Generally these would be descendants of Judah, Benjamin and of course Levi and maybe Simeon. In reality post exile Judea had children from all the houses of Jacob as well as people from all sorts of nationalities and ethnic groups loyal to the G__ of Jacob.

Taking the Greek gospel literally, this Messiah(Christ) was raised in the Household of Judah, in the home of a direct descendant of David. The science of a "Son of G__" is not precisely defined. Would such a being be a human created "from no material matter" save a miracle. Would He be a person "formed from the dust" - "Ben-Adam"- a "Son of Man?". Would the child be formed entirely by a miracle in the womb or only conceived by a miracle??

Mary's cousins were priests in (formerly)Zebulon territory (not far from Jonah's home town) therefore Levites, perhaps direct descendants of Aaron?

The traditional Jewish Messiah, I would guess, would be a full "Ben-Adam" and a direct descendant (mother and father) from David (and probably Bathsheba?).

Who, then, is this Christ? Probably better left to the faithful and Academics to decide. But why (necesarily) long for "The Messiah" when history has given many (mortal) messiahs? True, perhaps no human being could have accomplished what Moses did, other than Moses himself. Which might be why the Almighty was so impatient and insistent the he be assigned to bring this huge family from enslavement to nationhood.

I hope I don't wear out my welcome.