Bible Options Bible Study Software
Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Jesus fulfilled over 300 prophecies
Another thought about the insistence by some people that only certain spellings of the names of God and Jesus are valid and efficacious --

Believers in Jesus often say their faith "isn't a religion, it's a relationship" (with God). However, the requirement to spell and say divine names only in certain ways sounds very much like a religion, not a relationship. If we are in a relationship with God, He won't be hung up on the way we spell or say His name. He loves us, we belong to Him, and no one can snatch us out of His hand.
Jesus is my only savior king and he heals and frees

http://fotos-de-jesus.blogspot.com
http://imagens-de-jesus.blogspot.com
(04-04-2008, 12:06 PM)a_peacemaker678 Wrote:
searchinmyroots Wrote:Peacemaker,

You can read into the verse however you want. That is when things start getting dangerous. Everyone has an opinion, nobody has the facts.

Fact #1- I know emails can come across as harsh sometimes, but I have no intentions whatsoever for this message to be delivered as such. Just simply providing some information that may clear up a few questions you have.
Has it ever occured to you that Christians have the same Bible you have? We have The Book - The Old Testament is ours as well. How do you suppose to know how the Old Testemant is unsealed in the New if you have never seriously studied it? The reason I mention this is that you are missing a few GRAND link when you say that "things are starting to get dangerous". This tells me that you know very little about Jesus, The Prince Messiah and His Gospel. I read here on many occasions - "How do you know the OT is speaking about Jesus The Messiah"? His name is not mentioned and you can read into it what you want. Let's explore a few answers from God's Holy Word.

Luke 24:25 - 27 - Then He said unto them, O fools, and slow of heart to believe all that the prophets have spoken: Ought not Christ to have suffered these things, and to enter into his glory? And beginning at Moses and ALL prophets, he expounded unto them in ALL the scriptures the things concerning himself.

John 5:39 Jesus himself said: Search the scriptures: for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.

John 5:46-47 Jesus himself said: For had ye believed Moses ye would have beleived me : for he wrote of me. But if ye believe not his writtings, how shall ye believe my words?

Psalms 40:7 Then said I, LO, I come in the volume of the Book, it is written of me.

Hebrews 10:7 - Then said I, Lo, I come in the volume of the Book, it is written of me, to do thy will, O God.

Hope this helps.

Thank you

The verse mentions nothing of a "messanic jew". There was no such thing at the time of Zechariah.

Types and Shadows which we do not beleive in.

If this is about Jews who believe in jc;
Why would G-d only be with messanic Jews? Are they not with xtians as well?

RE: Types and shadows which we do not believe in.

The precedent is clearly established in the prophets. They were often given physical acts to perform and then given the greater spiritual meaning G-d wanted them to convey to the people. Perhaps you are already aware of that.

Who you are referring to when you say "we do not believe in?" What sacrifice do you make for sin these days? Haven't you created your own types and shadows in order to maintain worship without a temple or priesthood? Also, have you considered how the light of the moon is simply a reflection of the true light to come?

Peace
(05-24-2007, 06:52 AM)Tanachreader Wrote: The law was fulfilled by Jesus. Those many many years Israel lived were duplicated in the short 33 years Jesus had.
Interesting. How did J-sus fulfill these prophecies?

1) Born from the loins of Abraham, Gen 17:6.
2) Born from the loins of Jacob, Gen 35:11.
3) Born from the loins of David, Psalms 132:11.
4) No adoption/inheritance, must be physical son, Gen 15:4-5.

How did he fulfill these laws?:

1) Rule by Torah and have children - Deut 17:14-20
2) Cleansed by Red Heifer since he contacted death - Number 19

By the way, do you know why someone is baptized/immersed in water in the Tanakh? J-sus was immersed in Mat 3:15.