Bible Options Bible Study Software
Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Jesus fulfilled over 300 prophecies
You didn't wear out your welcome, but if you look at Matthew 1 and Luke 3, you will see that the Son of God (aka God the Son, Jesus of Nazareth) is this Jewish Messiah.

just_visiting Wrote:I may be naive.......but "Jewish Messiah"?

Generally "Jewish"  derives from the southern kingdom of Judah in the territory of Judea. Generally these would be descendants of Judah, Benjamin and of course Levi and maybe Simeon. In reality post exile Judea had children from all the houses of Jacob as well as people from all sorts of nationalities and ethnic groups loyal to the G__ of Jacob.

Taking the Greek gospel literally, this Messiah(Christ) was raised in the Household of Judah, in the home of a direct descendant of David. The science of a "Son of G__" is not precisely defined. Would such a being be a human created "from no material matter" save a miracle. Would He be a person "formed from the dust" - "Ben-Adam"- a "Son of Man?". Would the child be formed entirely by a miracle in the womb or only conceived by a miracle??

Mary's cousins were priests in (formerly)Zebulon territory (not far from Jonah's home town) therefore Levites, perhaps direct descendants of Aaron?

The traditional Jewish Messiah, I would guess, would be a full "Ben-Adam" and a direct descendant (mother and father) from David (and probably Bathsheba?).

Who, then, is this Christ? Probably better left to the faithful and Academics to decide. But why (necesarily) long for "The Messiah" when history has given many (mortal) messiahs? True, perhaps no human being could have accomplished what Moses did, other than Moses himself. Which might be why the Almighty was so impatient and insistent the he be assigned to bring this huge family from enslavement to nationhood.

I hope I don't wear out my welcome.
To the roc:

No pat answer, you must have faith in Jesus Christ..... leading to our next question, should that be a real debate?

2 Kings 22- 2 Chron 33

Josiah found the Book of the Law, and gave it as a type of Christ. The evil priests were removed , breaches in the house of the Lord were repaired, and the covenant was renewed.

Josiah's great great grandson laid the foundation of the 2nd temple,
and through His paternal lineage came Christ Jesus the Temple Christ spoke of.

Josiah 2977- let Yahweh give or may Yahweh give (John 3:16)
Jehoiakim 3079-  Yahweh lifts up, Yahweh establishes (Dan 1:1, 1:2)
Jeconiah 3204- Yahweh upholds (Jeremiah's prophecy Jer. 28:4)
Shealtiel 7597-I have asked Him of God (Neh. 12, Ezra 3,5 Hag 1,2)
Zerubbabel 2216- Scion grafted into babylon (El is victor) (1 Ch 3, Zech 4)
Abiud 31-my Father has majesty
Eliakim 471-God (El) establishes
Azor 5809- "help"
Sadok 6659- righteous one
Achim 3137- Yahweh lifts up
Eliud 410 & 1935- glorious, honorable, capable
Eleazar 499- God is help
Matthan 4977- "gift"
Jacob 3290- replacer, one who follows
Joseph 3130- He will add
Jesus (ioesous) 3091-Yahweh saves

John 3:16 For God so loved the world that He gave His only begoten Son that whosoever would believe in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Free bible software: http://www.e-sword.net/
Good thread. Thank you so much for the post
No problem primogenit!!  Glory belong to our God for being true to His promises!!  

Thanks to all the Senior Members for keeping this post going!!
morphys_mama Wrote:Glory belong to our God for being true to His promises!!  

Quote:Sing, choirs of angels; sing in exultation.
Sing, all ye citizens of Heaven above.
Glory to God; Glory in the highest.
Oh, come let us adore Him;
Oh, come let us adore Him;
Oh, come let us adore Him,
Christ the LORD.
Thine, O LORD is the greatness, and the power, and the glory, and the victory, and the majesty: for all that is in the heaven and in the earth is thine; thine is the kingdom, O LORD, and thou art exalted as head above all.

Both riches and honor come of thee, and thou reignest over all; and in thine hand is power and might; and in thine hand it is to make great, and to give strength unto all.

Now therefore, our God, we thank thee, and praise thy glorious name.

1 Chronicles 29: 11-13

GoyOfY'shua Smile <--- that's a smiley by the way!
morphys_mama Wrote:GoyOfY'shua Smile <--- that's a smiley by the way!

Thanks. And to everyone (even those I disagree with):

IdeaIdeaIdeaIdeaIdeaIdeaIdeaIdeaIdea

Happy Hanukkah.
I am not religious and I have no political or national allegience although I am a US citizen born and raised here. What I have done is perform hundreds of prophesies over the last 52 years and that is what proves that I am the man you are looking for and refer to as the Christ. My ways since I was a small boy have been the opposite of man's ways and I have been to war against every leader of this world that I could get a hold of. My mother is not a virgin and I cannot walk on water, but I know and am the Way to peace and prosperity on Earth. If you think that I will stand idly by and watch man's ways destroy this planet and harm its inhabitants you are wrong which is why I have been challenging and defeating your leaders with the truth all my life. The amount of proof that I am the one is enough to fill libraries. I will not negotiate with people who claim to own the resorcses of this planet since it was given to all who will ever live for free and it was not for sale to begin with. And just because you conquered the land by way of war and corruption and paid someone for it does not mean you have the right to own land. I am the super efficient leader that this planet has been promised and it is time that you wake up before it is too late for all of us. You have 2 choices: Stand behind me and I will manage the planet as a non profit standardized system that will end all wars and properly utilize the resorses of the planet. Or keep following leaders like the Bush's and Clinton's who want to continue to play Satan's evil possession game. My simple operating system would reduce oil consumption by 90% in the US in 1 year and all would live happily ever after. The last time I was challenged by your courts at Y2K I brought out the most valuable weapon of all times which is me and I mopped the floor with dozens of your evil lawyers and judges in about 20 court appearances. And after the jury convicted me of actions I admitted to the verdict was immediatly overturned because no law had been broken and yet the Christians wanted to nail me to a cross for standing against them, sound familiar? I want the same thing Jesus wanted which is no salesman, no moneychanger and no ownership of land.