Bible Options Bible Study Software
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
JFJ Needs To Be More Politically Involved
cor517 Wrote:I get the heebie jeebies when I try to digest Chris Matthews on MSNBC.

Sometimes I like to sing that song,

He's got the whole.. world in His hands , (In His hands)
He's got the whole.. world....... in His hands,
He's got the whole.. world.... in His hands.....
He's got the whole world in His hands.

He's got you and me brother in His hands,
He's got you and me sister in His hands.
He's got you and God's children in His hands,
He's got the whole world in His hands.

He's got the little bitty baby ....in His hands,
He's got the whole world in his Hands.

Somewhere one day someone might ask me on the street,  reporter like fashion, If you were president, what would you do for the country, I don't what I would say, but I might sing them a song.

That's why I watch FOX News. I can hardly stomach Alan Colmes (poor guy) or Greta Van Susteren half the time. I even have issues with Bill O'Reilly.
GoyOfY'shua Wrote:But then how are we to do that if we don't speak about and to the issues of today? If we don't stand for something, who, in a fallen world, can stand with us?

I know of two sites with gospel oriented political writers; one has a forum and the other used to have a forum.

The local church can be helpful in distributing information about candidates and issues without telling people how to vote, otherwise it puts them at odds with the tax law.

Baptistic Wrote:
GoyOfY'shua Wrote:But then how are we to do that if we don't speak about and to the issues of today? If we don't stand for something, who, in a fallen world, can stand with us?

I know of two sites with gospel oriented political writers; one has a forum and the other used to have a forum.

The local church can be helpful in distributing information about candidates and issues without telling people how to vote, otherwise it puts them at odds with the tax law.

I never said that we should tell them who to vote for. I'm just saying basically what you said, and say, "As Christians, we can't vote for [i.e., Nancy Pelosi] because [she supports abortion]"
GoyOfY'shua Wrote:
Baptistic Wrote:

I never said that we should tell them who to vote for. I'm just saying basically what you said, and say, "As Christians, we can't vote for [i.e., Nancy Pelosi] because [she supports abortion]"

Actually, GOY, I never said that was what you were saying.  I merely mentioned the fact that there are sites that focus on politics; their main thrust is politics from a Christian perspective.  JFJ's thrust is the gospel communicated by Jews to Jews.  If you are hungry for Christian political forums, they are out there.  And having already been there myself, I much prefer the focus on Jesus.  Politics is transient.
Baptistic Wrote:
GoyOfY'shua Wrote:
Baptistic Wrote:

Actually, GOY, I never said that was what you were saying.  I merely mentioned the fact that there are sites that focus on politics; their main thrust is politics from a Christian perspective.  JFJ's thrust is the gospel communicated by Jews to Jews.  If you are hungry for Christian political forums, they are out there.  And having already been there myself, I much prefer the focus on Jesus.  Politics is transient.

Well, we need to make sure we have just, Biblical leaders.
the scribes and Pharisees tried to get Jesus to take a political stand when the asked Him if it was right to pay tax to Ceasar...His reply was render unto Ceasar what is Ceasars and unto God what is God's

Its God who puts up Kings,Premiers,Presidents and Senators etc. and it is God who puts them down. His word says to pray for those that have the rule over you.

My Commision from Jesus is to take His word into all the world..to bring the lost to a knowledge and understanding of Jesus,his sacrifice for them.  His word and to bring them to the knowledge of Holiness...for without holiness no man shall see God.

We are in the world but we are not of this world but merely sojourners.

prophet Wrote:the scribes and Pharisees tried to get Jesus to take a political stand when the asked Him if it was right to pay tax to Ceasar...His reply was render unto Ceasar what is Ceasars and unto God what is God's

Its God who puts up Kings,Premiers,Presidents and Senators etc. and it is God who puts them down. His word says to pray for those that have the rule over you.

My Commision from Jesus is to take His word into all the world..to bring the lost to a knowledge and understanding of Jesus,his sacrifice for them.  His word and to bring them to the knowledge of Holiness...for without holiness no man shall see God.

We are in the world but we are not of this world but merely sojourners.

But isn't paying taxes right? But didn't Jesus, speaking through John the Baptist, also say to tax fairly? I think Jesus was taking a shot at the secular-progressives.
Goy of Yeshua,

Hey! Here is a link I have found useful for studying Hebrew and greek along with the bible- you can check it out (if you want)
http://www.blueletterbible.org/

<(((((((<
I frankly am sick and tired of people who use the Bible as a weapon to get their pov across. People like the crusaders and many others who used the word of G-d to rape and murder have stained Yesua name and his followers! Enough already!
Bob1 Wrote:I frankly am sick and tired of people who use the Bible as a weapon to get their pov across. People like the crusaders and many others who used the word of G-d to rape and murder have stained Yesua name and his followers! Enough already!

I'm not talking about the Crusades. I'm talking about what just happened in Mexico and the U.S., legalizing abortion and pulling our troops out before the war was finished, respectively.