Bible Options Bible Study Software
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
JFJ Needs To Be More Politically Involved
I found that on the IMDB.com boards, someone asked why Ann Coulter doesn't just die. Maybe if we showed this to both believers and non-believers, we might get somewhere.

The scientific method goes like this:

Observation: "Why doesn't Ann Coulter just die?"
Hypothesis: God is keeping Ann Coulter around as an object of wrath.
Procedure: Take Biblical quotes, and put them up against Ann Coulter.
Data: Romans 9:6-24, Galatians 1:6-9 (NKJV):

6 But it is not that the word of God has taken no effect. For they are not all Israel who are of Israel, 7 nor are they all children because they are the seed of Abraham; but, “In Isaac your seed shall be called.” 8 That is, those who are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God; but the children of the promise are counted as the seed. 9 For this is the word of promise: “At this time I will come and Sarah shall have a son.”
10 And not only this, but when Rebecca also had conceived by one man, even by our father Isaac 11 (for the children not yet being born, nor having done any good or evil, that the purpose of God according to election might stand, not of works but of Him who calls), 12 it was said to her, “The older shall serve the younger.” 13 As it is written, “Jacob I have loved, but Esau I have hated.”
Israel’s Rejection and God’s Justice

14 What shall we say then? Is there unrighteousness with God? Certainly not! 15 For He says to Moses, “I will have mercy on whomever I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whomever I will have compassion.” 16 So then it is not of him who wills, nor of him who runs, but of God who shows mercy. 17 For the Scripture says to the Pharaoh, “For this very purpose I have raised you up, that I may show My power in you, and that My name may be declared in all the earth.” 18 Therefore He has mercy on whom He wills, and whom He wills He hardens.
19 You will say to me then, “Why does He still find fault? For who has resisted His will?” 20 But indeed, O man, who are you to reply against God? Will the thing formed say to him who formed it, “Why have you made me like this?” 21 Does not the potter have power over the clay, from the same lump to make one vessel for honor and another for dishonor?
22 What if God, wanting to show His wrath and to make His power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath prepared for destruction, 23 and that He might make known the riches of His glory on the vessels of mercy, which He had prepared beforehand for glory, 24 even us whom He called, not of the Jews only, but also of the Gentiles?

6 I marvel that you are turning away so soon from Him who called you in the grace of Christ, to a different gospel, 7 which is not another; but there are some who trouble you and want to pervert the gospel of Christ. 8 But even if we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel to you than what we have preached to you, let him be accursed. 9 As we have said before, so now I say again, if anyone preaches any other gospel to you than what you have received, let him be accursed.

Analysis: Ann Coulter tends to be hard-hearted and preach a Gospel of hate of Jews, blacks, homosexuals, and liberals.

Conclusion: Ann Coulter has "pervert[ed] the gospel of Christ", and "God, wanting to show His wrath and to make His power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath [like Ann Coulter] prepared for destruction,and that He might make known the riches of His glory on the vessels of mercy [like those of us who love all people but not any bad behavior] , which He had prepared beforehand for glory,even us whom He called, not of the Jews only, but also of the Gentiles"

goy you keep me up late with these hypothetical scientific "call outs"
sarcasm only goes so far can't you see she's picking up everyone's cross in a scientific manner, and joining in the big-time emulation of Christ? Stem cells take precedence over 911 widdows so what ya beef?

Soon you will be prescribing medicine on a cruise ship.
cor517 Wrote:goy you keep me up late with these hypothetical scientific "call outs"
sarcasm only goes so far can't you see she's picking up everyone's cross in a scientific manner, and joining in the big-time emulation of Christ? Stem cells take precedence over 911 widdows so what ya beef?

Soon you will be prescribing medicine on a cruise ship.

I don't appreciate your rude, gnostic, Pharissaical comments to or attacks on me.
kgunzer Wrote:I agree with MRosen and RDyck.  JFJ will not benefit from a political discussion.  It's best we get concerted efforts in spreading the miraculous realization of Jews to believe in Jesus.

I agree...Y'shua is our example. He was not politically motivated.
GoyOfY'shua Wrote:It's not dishonest. What is dishonest or just plain ignorance (sorry, but there's no other way to say this) is that anyone with JFJ is not politically convicted. I read a JFJ article where Ms. Susan Perlman said she was politically liberal (See http://jewsforjesus.org/publications/issues/11_9/stand). So, saying that JFJ is disconnected politically is ignoring evidence right own their own website.

Maybe I got too emotional herel; but when I see ignorance, apathy, or defiance- intentional or not-, I'm going to say, "Wait a minute. Here's the proof that I'm not being erroneous."
GoyOfY'shua Wrote:It's not dishonest. What is dishonest or just plain ignorance (sorry, but there's no other way to say this) is that anyone with JFJ is not politically convicted. I read a JFJ article where Ms. Susan Perlman said she was politically liberal (See http://jewsforjesus.org/publications/issues/11_9/stand). So, saying that JFJ is disconnected politically is ignoring evidence right own their own website.

"Alan Shore presents a good overview of the historical, social, cultural and religious aspects surrounding Jews and the Religious Right. He leaves us with the question, "Where does God want us to stand?"

As a politically liberal yet theologically conservative Jew for Jesus, I've had to answer that question for myself. Back in the sixties, before I was 'for Jesus' I saw the civil rights activists of that era as my heroes. I'd like to believe that they would have still been my heroes even if my theological understandings put me in the category of a Jesus-believing Jew. I'd also like to think that my opposition to the Vietnam War in the seventies would have been consistent with my present faith. Certainly, there have been many issues since that have been categorized as being for or against the "Christian position." With a few exceptions (the most notable of which is a concern for the rights of the unborn) I think sincere believers can be on both sides. A phone poll conducted for the Gallop International Institute in 1996, which compared the attitudes of 507 Americans who identified themselves as evangelicals with 503 others, shattered some stereotypes. For example, 64 percent agreed that a person can be both politically liberal and a good Christian. Nevertheless, most evangelicals are politically conservative and most Jews are politically liberal."

Goy, I am going to give you my honest estimate of politics vs. religion or politics + religion. Pat Robertson is more effective as a minister of the Gospel than President. Franklin Graham is more effective as a minister of the Gospel than Bill Clinton will ever be as a politician. Billy Graham was "called out" during the Nixon administration for some "anti-semetic"
remarks. I am not going to mention what I think about Saul's failure because it was his own fault not Samuel's or G-d.

I plan to vote, as I did in the last election, even though I don't know how I was even allowed to register. The only way I could get a Blockbuster card, to rent movies, was to show them my voter registration.

I do say your posts are interesting! Do you have any thoughts on Al Frankin, I think He is Jewish. At one point he was thinking of running for the senate.

Shalom

<(((((((<
Baptistic,
From this and other posts, I've come to figure three things about you:
  1. You look to attack me and Craig, ROSH CHODESH and others; right or wrong, like a liberal would attack conservatives and other liberals.
  2. Marvin Olasky is a conservative Messianic Jew, as is Jay Sekulow. Also, Acts 4-5 seem to lend support for the right, not left.
  3. If you don't know or purposely act apathetic in what you're talking about, then it's better that you be silent than open your mouth and remove all doubt.

GoyOfY'shua Wrote:
Baptistic Wrote:Okay GOY, concerning guilt and evidence, let the record show:

First, note where I italicized in Moishe Rosen's quote here - none of these statements are dishonest or reflect ignorance.  Now,

As to the first link - note the last paragraph (quoted here):

If Rosenblatt, Medved and Abrams would look to Torah for answers, perhaps they would conclude as I have that political change for the better is at best temporal; the human heart—Jewish and Gentile, liberal and conservative—needs changing through the new birth and that has implications for all eternity.

As to the second link - note the last paragraph (partially quoted here):

Jewish believers in Jesus feel reluctant to follow any political party or cause in an uncritical way. Their question goes beyond “Is this good or bad for the Jews?” They must also ask, “How does this person or position line up with the biblical values I hold?” And ultimately they must ask the question, “Where does God want me to stand?” That is a question each of us should be asking.

Both writers confess their strongest feelings for the communication of the gospel to the Jews, by Jewish believers - what this site is about.

But then how are we to do that if we don't speak about and to the issues of today? If we don't stand for something, who, in a fallen world, can stand with us?
Moishe Rosen Wrote:I don't think most of the Jews for Jesus staff have strong political convictions. None of us have a strong commitment that involves political outlook. We are pretty much divided between being democrats and republicans. I don't think we know much more about political issues than other ordinary citizens.
Faith: Magnificent.

'Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear. Hebrews 11:3

GoyOfY'shua Wrote:If Christians and JFJ keep staying out of politics, very liberal non-Messianic Jews like Alan Colmes will not get what true Messianic/Christian Jews and Gentiles are like politically. Even politics comes out of faith. For example, who wanted a king because they disobeyed and didn't want just judges? Who elected Pilate as governor? We need to show non-Messianics, particually non-Messianic Jews, what Messianic Jews and Gentiles look like.
Faith: Staying out of politics means staying out of worldly saturation, focus, conflicts of interests, and inevitable corruption.

'Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?' 2 Corinthians 6:14

Truth: 'And I will give children to be their princes, and babes shall rule over them. And the people shall be oppressed, every one by another, and every one by his neighbour: the child shall behave himself proudly against the ancient, and the base against the honourable.' Isaiah 3:4-5

It's a curse to have youth rule.

Godly elders know infinitely more than youth and ungodly leaders. They know whose in charge: HaShem.

'And he said unto them, How is it that ye sought me? wist ye not that I must be about my Father's business?' Luke 2:49

The business is the salvation of souls through Christ into eternity.

God bless.