Bible Options Bible Study Software
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
JFJ Needs To Be More Politically Involved
This sounds something like the superspiritual argument that says we need to pray more or witness more etc.

The Holy Spirit is guiding people in what they do or don't.

If Moshe Rosen wants the emphasis of JFJ to be nonpolitical this is OK because every organization has limited resources and can focus on only so many things.

What exacly would it mean for JFJ to be more political?

I will say this, it seems like both parties definintly need our prayers right now.
Faith Wrote:
GoyOfY'shua Wrote:If Christians and JFJ keep staying out of politics, very liberal non-Messianic Jews like Alan Colmes will not get what true Messianic/Christian Jews and Gentiles are like politically. Even politics comes out of faith. For example, who wanted a king because they disobeyed and didn't want just judges? Who elected Pilate as governor? We need to show non-Messianics, particually non-Messianic Jews, what Messianic Jews and Gentiles look like.
Faith: Staying out of politics means staying out of worldly saturation, focus, conflicts of interests, and inevitable corruption.

Faith,
Many in the Bible were involved in political and cultural institutions of their day. For example, David was king of Israel and Paul knew how the political system in Rome worked. Matthew was a tax collector. So, we can be in but not of the world. Even Paul said that to the Jewish person, be Jewish; to the gentile, be gentile; and to all, be all things without compromising your faith.
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"

I am with Goy on personal involvement,as the Lord leads, even including running for office if He leads us there.

But she also knows where her faith lies. And she's read the book and knows the ending: Christ is victorious King over all.

I'm not so sure JFJ is the place though, there are plenty of other sites for politics.
GoyOfY'shua: If Christians and JFJ keep staying out of politics, very liberal non-Messianic Jews like Alan Colmes will not get what true Messianic/Christian Jews and Gentiles are like politically.

Faith: Colmes is not God. No one on this earth is. Messianic/Christian's are not dependent on the favor or approval of this world. Whenever they seek it, or attempt to 'justify' themselves towards it, the focus turns from Christ to world acceptance, approval, and understanding. This is one of the most self defeating things a beliver can do. Keep your eyes and soul always on HaShem's approval through Christ.

Again, staying out of politics means staying out of worldly saturation, focus, conflicts of interests, and inevitable corruption. One of the posters here rightly stated the matter of salvation far outweighs any politics on this earth.

GoyOfY'shua: Many in the Bible were involved in political and cultural institutions of their day. For example, David was king of Israel.

Faith: Israel was a theocracy. The law of Israel was Torah - the first 5 books of the Bible. The God of Israel was the acknowledged sovereign in no uncertain terms. No other nation compares.

GoyOfY'shua: Paul knew how the political system in Rome worked. Matthew was a tax collector. So, we can be in but not of the world.

Faith: They were not world politically active. They were kingdom builders of heaven.

GoyOfY'shua: Even Paul said that to the Jewish person, be Jewish; to the gentile, be gentile; and to all... ...be all things...

Faith: Ah! the crux of the matter. Paul was referring to the 'Salvation of Souls' and strongly urged believers NOT to become entangled with the matters of THIS world which are temporary and fading away, so be eternity minded.

God bless.
Well,

In Judaism it is very clear when abortion is allowed or not... Mainly not!!, but if you can safe the mother for example it might be o.k. but discussed with docters and rabbi's.
If Jews for Jesus take another standpoint... they interfeare with Jewish Law, so by that it is allready politicall.
So a Jew might have a problem there, does he follow the Jewish interpretation, or the Messianic Jewish interpretation.
To completely forbid arbotion surpresses Jewish citizens. But It's maybe a right for non-Jews to decide in their own country what to do.
Plus according to the Laws of Bnei Noach, non-Jews shouldn't do abbortion. That's right.

So If only for this example allready want to create 1 meaning within Jews for Jesus, you might force people out of the group.
Being politicall means also, that Messianics are already a seperate group within the religious atmosphere. It might be better to search for social and ethical issues, and how to give them SPACE within searching for the truth...

Do you know any biblicall leader that was haed of state once? I never saw a real theocracy, except the one maybe during Moses.

Greetings.
I think we should all make a stand and manifest our disagreement about the U.S. having Nuclear Power infra-structures. After all, if we are going to oppose Iran and North-Korea from developing a nuclear plan, it'd only be fair to do the same with countries that already have it. From the back of my mind I can name the U.S. and U.K. - countries that have huge profit from war and are a major threat to the world.

So far in mankind's history, the U.S. were the only country using a nuclear weapon against another (Japan). I'm quite more concerned about the U.S. and U.K. than any of those other countries (Iran or North-Korea).

I'm all up for it.
Ripley's Wrote:"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"

I am with Goy on personal involvement,as the Lord leads, even including running for office if He leads us there.

But she also knows where her faith lies. And she's read the book and knows the ending: Christ is victorious King over all.

I'm not so sure JFJ is the place though, there are plenty of other sites for politics.

I'm not saying that JFJ needs to take a conservative, liberal, libertarian, or other political stance; but be involved in following the news and political and other current events, and get involved in campaigning for things like the rights of especially Israeli, Chinese, and other Christians.
Faith Wrote:Faith: Ah! the crux of the matter. Paul was referring to the 'Salvation of Souls' and strongly urged believers NOT to become entangled with the matters of THIS world which are temporary and fading away, so be eternity minded.

God bless.

I never said that Alan Colmes was or is a god or God. Also, how will we be used to save souls if we ignore aborted children, persecuted Chinese, Israeli, and other Christians; and victims of such things as imminent domain, homelessness, gang violence, and illegal-immigration-related attacks?
Quote:I will say this, it seems like both parties definintly need our prayers right now.

And ALL heads of state, their advisors, their legislators, their citizens, and our brothers who are spreading the gospel all over the world, under severe persecution, in preparation for the return of our King, and Israel who God will lift up....without any of our nations' help.

Amen?
Quote:but be involved in following the news and political and other current events, and get involved in campaigning for things like the rights of especially Israeli, Chinese, and other Christians.

Sister, I understand what you are saying, but it is completely between them and the Lord. Officially, as an organization, the mission of JFJ, as I understand it, is to spread the gospel, and re-introduce Messiah to His people: the Jews.

If we want to help our brothers, go to, and support with prayer and finances, "Voice of the Martyrs" or "Gospel for Asia"... or any number of orgs that help (legally) Christians in persecuting countries.

That being said, *I personally feel* it is *my duty* as a Christian, in America that has freedoms many other countries do not, and with those freedoms comes responsibility, *to participate*. Not only in the voting booth, but with my time and money too. IMO, not to do so is sinful. But that is *my conviction*, not necessarily others'.