Bible Options Bible Study Software
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
JFJ Needs To Be More Politically Involved
I see Jews like Alan Colmes who are not getting the message of the Tankah or Brit Chadashah, and have written these letters, which have been edited:

"Mr. Colmes,
I feel sorry that you deal with so-called "Christians" like Ann Coulter. I am sorry that you don't understand good examples of the Messianic Jewish/Christian faith like Mark Steyn, Dick Morris, Oliver North, and Brigitte Gabriel. If only you didn't see right-wing nominalists and those who are walking more in the way of politics and denomination than faith (such as Roman Catholic Reaganist Sean Hannity and Ann Coulter, who I guarantee Ronald Reagan would not be proud of), you may come to understand that the "Gentile" "Christian" Jesus is the Jesus of the Bible who inspired a Jew to write down the verse in my signature.

Nicole from Maryland

For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes, for the Jew first and also for the Greek. (Romans 1:16, NKJV)"

"Sean,
There's a Jewish man sitting next to you. Leave the heretical and apostasy of a "Church" called the Roman "Catholic" "Church". The real Catholic (universal) Church won't take you, Bill O'Reilly, or any Roman Catholic leading anyone, especially a Jew like Alan Colmes, astray.

Nicole from Maryland

For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes, for the Jew first and also for the Greek. (Romans 1:16, NKJV)"

"Ms. Coulter:
As a disabled teenager who is a conservative Christian, I find some of your quotes very offensive (i.e., "If Gore had been elected president, right now he would just be finding that last lesbian quadriplegic for the Special Forces team."). It's no wonder to me that many in the church think conservative Christians are "right-wing nuts". In fact, because of folks like you, someone wrote [something not fit to repeat] to me on my blog. I'm a moderate conservative, yet this guy wishes me dead because of people like you who fit this prophecy:

New King James Version (NKJV)
Isaiah 29:13

13 Therefore the Lord said:
“ Inasmuch as these people draw near with their mouths
And honor Me with their lips,
But have removed their hearts far from Me,
And their fear toward Me is taught by the commandment of men,

Mark 7:6-7
6 He answered and said to them, “Well did Isaiah prophesy of you hypocrites, as it is written:

‘ This people honors Me with their lips,
But their heart is far from Me.
7 And in vain they worship Me,
Teaching as doctrines the commandments of men.’[a]

Footnotes:

Mark 7:7 Isaiah 29:13

I even wrote of you, thinking about the Bible:

"I myself have issues with far-right and extremist figures such as Ann Coulter and Pat Robertson."

Nicole from Maryland"

If Christians and JFJ keep staying out of politics, very liberal non-Messianic Jews like Alan Colmes will not get what true Messianic/Christian Jews and Gentiles are like politically. Even politics comes out of faith. For example, who wanted a king because they disobeyed and didn't want just judges? Who elected Pilate as governor? We need to show non-Messianics, particually non-Messianic Jews, what Messianic Jews and Gentiles look like.

[font=Tahoma][size=x-large][color=orange]I don't think most of the Jews for Jesus staff have strong political convictions. None of us have a strong commitment that involves political outlook. We are pretty much divided between being democrats and republicans. I don't think we know much more about political issues than other ordinary citizens.
Moishe Rosen Wrote:I don't think most of the Jews for Jesus staff have strong political convictions. None of us have a strong commitment that involves political outlook. We are pretty much divided between being democrats and republicans. I don't think we know much more about political issues than other ordinary citizens.

Now, if only unHolywood could plug into that kind of thinking.

{I fixed the coding in your quote.  If it's "dishonest", sorry!}

Baptistic Wrote:
Moishe Rosen Wrote:I don't think most of the Jews for Jesus staff have strong political convictions. None of us have a strong commitment that involves political outlook. We are pretty much divided between being democrats and republicans. I don't think we know much more about political issues than other ordinary citizens.

It's not dishonest. What is dishonest or just plain ignorance (sorry, but there's no other way to say this) is that anyone with JFJ is not politically convicted. I read a JFJ article where Ms. Susan Perlman said she was politically liberal (See http://jewsforjesus.org/publications/issues/11_9/stand). So, saying that JFJ is disconnected politically is ignoring evidence right own their own website.
The gospel is best shared when there are no barriers between the parties. The moment one raises the specter of politics is the moment a barrier is raised. Remember that the mission of Jews for Jesus is to share the gospel which has eternal consequences that make todays politics pale in comparison.

Thus I would hope that Jews for Jesus would remain apolitical although I'm sure that every member of their staff and volunteers have a political view as they are intelligent and thoughtful individuals. Their goal is not the next presidential election but the next election for salvation.
GoyOfY'shua Wrote:
Baptistic Wrote:

It's not dishonest. What is dishonest or just plain ignorance (sorry, but there's no other way to say this) is that anyone with JFJ is not politically convicted. I read a JFJ article where Ms. Susan Perlman said she was politically liberal (See http://jewsforjesus.org/publications/issues/11_9/stand). So, saying that JFJ is disconnected politically is ignoring evidence right own their own website.

This is another article: http://www.jewsforjesus.org/publications...giousright
I agree with MRosen and RDyck.  JFJ will not benefit from a political discussion.  It's best we get concerted efforts in spreading the miraculous realization of Jews to believe in Jesus.
GoyOfY'shua Wrote:
GoyOfY'shua Wrote:
Baptistic Wrote:

Okay GOY, concerning guilt and evidence, let the record show:

First, note where I italicized in Moishe Rosen's quote here - none of these statements are dishonest or reflect ignorance.  Now,

As to the first link - note the last paragraph (quoted here):

If Rosenblatt, Medved and Abrams would look to Torah for answers, perhaps they would conclude as I have that political change for the better is at best temporal; the human heart—Jewish and Gentile, liberal and conservative—needs changing through the new birth and that has implications for all eternity.

As to the second link - note the last paragraph (partially quoted here):

Jewish believers in Jesus feel reluctant to follow any political party or cause in an uncritical way. Their question goes beyond “Is this good or bad for the Jews?” They must also ask, “How does this person or position line up with the biblical values I hold?” And ultimately they must ask the question, “Where does God want me to stand?” That is a question each of us should be asking.

Both writers confess their strongest feelings for the communication of the gospel to the Jews, by Jewish believers - what this site is about.
Baptistic Wrote:
GoyOfY'shua Wrote:
GoyOfY'shua Wrote:
Baptistic Wrote:

Okay GOY, concerning guilt and evidence, let the record show:

First, note where I italicized in Moishe Rosen's quote here - none of these statements are dishonest or reflect ignorance.  Now,

As to the first link - note the last paragraph (quoted here):

If Rosenblatt, Medved and Abrams would look to Torah for answers, perhaps they would conclude as I have that political change for the better is at best temporal; the human heart—Jewish and Gentile, liberal and conservative—needs changing through the new birth and that has implications for all eternity.

As to the second link - note the last paragraph (partially quoted here):

Jewish believers in Jesus feel reluctant to follow any political party or cause in an uncritical way. Their question goes beyond “Is this good or bad for the Jews?” They must also ask, “How does this person or position line up with the biblical values I hold?” And ultimately they must ask the question, “Where does God want me to stand?” That is a question each of us should be asking.

Both writers confess their strongest feelings for the communication of the gospel to the Jews, by Jewish believers - what this site is about.

But then how are we to do that if we don't speak about and to the issues of today? If we don't stand for something, who, in a fallen world, can stand with us?
I get the heebie jeebies when I try to digest Chris Matthews on MSNBC.

Sometimes I like to sing that song,

He's got the whole.. world in His hands , (In His hands)
He's got the whole.. world....... in His hands,
He's got the whole.. world.... in His hands.....
He's got the whole world in His hands.

He's got you and me brother in His hands,
He's got you and me sister in His hands.
He's got you and God's children in His hands,
He's got the whole world in His hands.

He's got the little bitty baby ....in His hands,
He's got the whole world in his Hands.

Somewhere one day someone might ask me on the street,  reporter like fashion, If you were president, what would you do for the country, I don't what I would say, but I might sing them a song.