Bible Options Bible Study Software
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why did Jesus have to die?
Seeing as we are fast approaching the Christian celebration of the death, burial and ressurection of Jesus Christ, I thought it might be good to try to answer the above posed question. Along this line of reasoning I have provided a link to an article that presumes to explain the matter from the Jewish, Roman and Christian perspectives - the article is long, but, for those who have an interest it is worth the read - maranatha!

Why did Jesus have to die?

If you are having trouble with the above try copying this into your browser...

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/markdrobert...ve-to-die/

If Jesus had not offered to be our sacrafice all Gentiles would be eternally spiritually incapable of finding redemption from sin. If Jesus had not died to take the place of the sinful nature of mankind then the Jewish people would still be an exclusive spiritual mega church that would be slaying animal blood to this day to atone from their sins. There would be no reason to try and live right knowing you could simply kill an unblemished animal at the end of the year, there would be no motivation to listen and follow God because you loved Him alone, there would only be duty and burden. If Jesus had not died to redeem us we would all be lost in our sins and despite all efforts would have sickened God with our rebellion and our filth and He would probably wiped us completely off the planet by now....but that is not what God wanted, and as we know God always gets what He wants. He wants us to live right, to do right, because we want to and because we love Him not because we are obligated and therefore become resentful of our obligations but because He is all we want and need in life, because we appreciate and acknowlege His Mightiness and Holiness. He doesnt want robots, He wants the flaws so He can be made perfect in them and we can see our dependency on Him. Our lives are made perfect, no matter what happens, by Him alone, me thinks.
For my brief 2 cents;

If Christ was not "cut off" then it seems that His earthly Kingdom would have been setup 2000 years ago (much like His disciples thought).
Fortunately for you and I, God had other plans and extends His mercy 2000 years into the future.
God wanted to give more people a chance to be saved than the few that were forgiven at that time. Had Jesus not been "cut off" then the eternal paradise would only have (maybe) a few hundred people.. Thankfully (so so so so thankfully) God is an awesome God of mercy and decided to let His Son, HaMashiach to suffer for all of the future sinners and now that fishermans net is nearly bursting!

God bless you all!
Everyone dies! The sacrifice of Jesus was no sacrifice at all, for a number of reasons. First, according to some interpretations of the New Testament, Jesus was G-D Himself. What possible inconvenience could death represent for an immortal god? None whatsoever. G-D would have an infinite capacity for enduring physical pain. He would also have the foreknowledge that he would soon be back in heaven, his original country. Therefore, his sacrifice is no sacrifice at all. It's all a sham.

Avraham

From Mere Christianity by C. S. Lewis:

I have heard some people complain that if Jesus was God as well as man, then His sufferings and death lose all value in their eyes, "because it must have been so easy for him." Others may (very rightly) rebuke the ingratitude and ungraciousness of this objection; what staggers me is the misunderstanding it betrays.

In one sense, of course, those who make it are right. They have even understated their own case. The perfect submission, the perfect suffering, the perfect death were not only easier to Jesus because He was God, but were possible only because He was God.

But surely that is a very odd reason for not accepting them? The teacher is able to form the letters for the child because the teacher is grown-up and knows how to write. That, of course, makes it easier for the teacher, and only because it is easier for him can he help the child. If it rejected him because "it's easy for grown-ups" and waited to learn writing from another child who could not write itself (and so had no "unfair" advantage), it would not get on very quickly.

If I am drowning in a rapid river, a man who still has one foot on the bank may give me a hand which saves my life. Ought I to shout back (between my gasps) "No, it's not fair! You have an advantage! You're keeping one foot on the bank"? That advantage-call it "unfair" if you like-is the only reason why he can be of any use to me. To what will you look for help if you will not look to that which is stronger than yourself?
From Mere Christianity by C. S. Lewis:

I have heard some people complain that if Jesus was God as well as man, then His sufferings and death lose all value in their eyes, "because it must have been so easy for him." Others may (very rightly) rebuke the ingratitude and ungraciousness of this objection; what staggers me is the misunderstanding it betrays.

In one sense, of course, those who make it are right. They have even understated their own case. The perfect submission, the perfect suffering, the perfect death were not only easier to Jesus because He was God, but were possible only because He was God.

But surely that is a very odd reason for not accepting them? The teacher is able to form the letters for the child because the teacher is grown-up and knows how to write. That, of course, makes it easier for the teacher, and only because it is easier for him can he help the child. If it rejected him because "it's easy for grown-ups" and waited to learn writing from another child who could not write itself (and so had no "unfair" advantage), it would not get on very quickly.

If I am drowning in a rapid river, a man who still has one foot on the bank may give me a hand which saves my life. Ought I to shout back (between my gasps) "No, it's not fair! You have an advantage! You're keeping one foot on the bank"? That advantage-call it "unfair" if you like-is the only reason why he can be of any use to me. To what will you look for help if you will not look to that which is stronger than yourself?
[/quote]

Hello MAlan,

A false analogy no matter who the writer is or how eloquently stated is non-the-less still false. He, and you by association, has drawn an unjustified inference on the basis of similarities between both the “teacher” and the “I’ in the drowning man to G-D. There are very few similarities between them and more and greater dissimilarities. Drawing inferences based on the comparison is unjustified. The result of course is a false analogy.

By the way C. S. Lewis did not believe in the inerrancy of Scripture and was no friend of Evangelicals.

http://www.trinityfoundation.org/journal.php?id=103

Avraham
(03-06-2012, 08:53 AM)Avraham Wrote: Everyone dies! The sacrifice of Jesus was no sacrifice at all, for a number of reasons. First, according to some interpretations of the New Testament, Jesus was G-D Himself. What possible inconvenience could death represent for an immortal god? None whatsoever. G-D would have an infinite capacity for enduring physical pain. He would also have the foreknowledge that he would soon be back in heaven, his original country. Therefore, his sacrifice is no sacrifice at all. It's all a sham.

Avraham
Then perhaps you can explain to us ;Isaiah 53, if the death of the righteous has no atonement, be it Israel,the prophets, or Jesus ?

Also how does anointing come to the Most Holy?Daniel 9:24 Toda for explaining this Avraham! Blessings
The New Testament says;Jesus was the Son of G-D, that G-D spoke through His flesh and used His righteousness within Jesus for atonement of fulfilment of the Law, of Israel breaking the Torah.[Jeremiah 31:31-33] Did Moses speak his own words of Torah?, or G-D's? You intentionally twist the scriptures.The the death of the righteous atone? Since you avoid the question , we must presume; YES IT DOES!
"Then perhaps you can explain to us ;Isaiah 53, if the death of the righteous has no atonement, be it Israel,the prophets, or Jesus ?

Also how does anointing come to the Most Holy?Daniel 9:24 Toda for explaining this Avraham! Blessings"

The subject was; "Why did Jesus have to die".

Your questions are not only irrelevant to that but completely out of context.

Remember my response?

"Everyone dies! The sacrifice of Jesus was no sacrifice at all, for a number of reasons. First, according to some interpretations of the New Testament, Jesus was G-D Himself. What possible inconvenience could death represent for an immortal god? None whatsoever. G-D would have an infinite capacity for enduring physical pain. He would also have the foreknowledge that he would soon be back in heaven, his original country. Therefore, his sacrifice is no sacrifice at all. It's all a sham."

Even if as you like to go on and on about, "death of the righteous", what does it mean for G-D to die? He is G-D after all. He gets to continue being G-D. "What possible inconvenience could death represent for an immortal god?"

None whatsoever!

Avraham
(03-07-2012, 08:48 AM)Avraham Wrote: "Then perhaps you can explain to us ;Isaiah 53, if the death of the righteous has no atonement, be it Israel,the prophets, or Jesus ?

Also how does anointing come to the Most Holy?Daniel 9:24 Toda for explaining this Avraham! Blessings"

Your questions are not only irrelevant to that but completely out of context.

Remember my response?

"Everyone dies! The sacrifice of Jesus was no sacrifice at all, for a number of reasons. First, according to some interpretations of the New Testament, Jesus was G-D Himself. What possible inconvenience could death represent for an immortal god? None whatsoever. G-D would have an infinite capacity for enduring physical pain. He would also have the foreknowledge that he would soon be back in heaven, his original country. Therefore, his sacrifice is no sacrifice at all. It's all a sham."

Even if as you like to go on and on about, "death of the righteous", what does it mean for G-D to die? He is G-D after all. He gets to continue being G-D. "What possible inconvenience could death represent for an immortal god?"

None whatsoever!

Avraham
Since you avoid the question , we must presume; YES IT DOES!

The answer is; The death of the righteous atones
To say He is G_d on the one hand, and we killed Him on the other hand flies in the face of reason!

You claim G_d is immortal and can not die yet you say you killed Him. Does that not sound foolish.

Christian mumbo jumbo where they claim anything they do not understand is a mystery.

Because modern churches are devoid of Torah training they can not comprehend G-D MANIFESTATION.

Modern churches get it wrong right from the begining in Genesis.

In the beginning Eloheim ( Plural Hebrew word not singular) created the heaven and the earth.

Then in Genesis 1 v 26 to prove Eloheim is plural it says let us ( plural not singular) make man
in our ( plural not singular) image.

Eloheim= Hebrew= Angels= The Mighty Ones with Yhwh's power immortal sinless beings that look
like we do.
This is why I say that christians need to consult a Rabbi to teach you about Torah teachings!

So Abraham is visited by three men and he invites them in to eat, not knowing they were angels!

Angels do not have wings CHERIBUM HAVE WINGS. You learn that in G-D MANIFESTATION CLASS.

Angels having wings is another sign that reveals the believer is a christian who follows old
wives tales handed down through the catholic church.

Yeshua is an Eloheim, an Eloah, and many other Hebrew Titles that prove who He is.

To understand who Mashiach is, means eternal life.

I have often spoken on the MISTAKEN IDENTITY OF MASHIACH LEADS TO ARMAGEDDON.

The christian kings of the earth attack and try to kill Mashiach The Jew, who
has rejected the christians, at the Judgment Seat, in Matthew 7, where He says
to those who claim to have done wonderful works in the name of Jesus, I never knew you ever, ever.

Psa 2:1 ¶ Why do the heathen rage, and the people imagine a vain thing?

Psa 2:2 The kings of the earth set themselves, and the rulers take counsel together, against the LORD, and against his anointed, [saying],

Psa 2:3 Let us break their bands asunder, and cast away their cords from us.

When Mashiach declares His Kingship of the world and that all knees should bow down to a Jew, who has made a new covenant with the Jews in Jerusalem, then
they gather their armies " In The Valley of Decision". ARMAGEDDON

Let us go kill Anti christ, the Jew, who we told you was coming says the catholic church. And the kings of the earth follow.

Many future events are found in the Torah.
May YHWH bless your study of Torah.