Bible Options Bible Study Software
Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3 Average
the trinity
While browsing the Why I don't believe in Yeshua forum I found a good explanation of the trinity by 4everhisown, It reads as follows:

So to separate the LORD into three parts is only an exercise, it is not necessary, really.

<{{{{{{{<
While browsing YouTube.com I also found a reason why people don’t believe in Christ.

This young man called his presentation:

The Trinity: Explained

Please try to over look the way he’s dressed and focus on what is being said.

His video can be seen HERE

Peace to the elect!
Jack Lavictoire Wrote:While browsing YouTube.com I also found a reason why people don’t believe in Christ.

This young man called his presentation:

The Trinity: Explained

Please try to over look the way he’s dressed and focus on what is being said.

His video can be seen HERE

Peace to the elect!

Then if they don't believe in the Trinity, they don't believe in Elohim. So, Unitarians can't be Messianic.
1 John 1:3 (New International Version)
We proclaim to you what we have seen and heard, so that you also may have fellowship with us. And our fellowship is with the Father and with his Son, Jesus Christ.

Are fellowship is with who?

Matthew 3:16 (New King James Version)
When He had been baptized, Jesus came up immediately from the water; and behold, the heavens were opened to Him, and He saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and alighting upon Him.

Who descended like a dove?

John 1:18 (New International Version)
No one has ever seen God, but God the One and Only, who is at the Father's side, has made him known.

Does this third being even know God?

John 1:49 (New International Version)
Then Nathanael declared, "Rabbi, you are the Son of God; you are the King of Israel."

Jesus is the Son of God, is this third being a distant relative?

John 3:5 (New International Version)
Jesus answered, "I tell you the truth, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless he is born of water and the Spirit.

If your born of another being, does that make you a son of God?

John 6:11 (New International Version)
Jesus then took the loaves, gave thanks, and distributed to those who were seated as much as they wanted. He did the same with the fish.

How come the Son never prayed to this third being?

John 14:1 (New International Version)
"Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God; trust also in me.

How come Jesus doesn’t tell us to trust in this third being?

John 6:29 (New International Version)
Jesus answered, "The work of God is this: to believe in the one he has sent."

Do you even have to believe in this third being?

John 12:44 (New International Version)
Then Jesus cried out, "When a man believes in me, he does not believe in me only, but in the one who sent me.

Once again, I see the Father and His Son but nothing about a third being.

John 10:38 (New International Version)
But if I do it, even though you do not believe me, believe the miracles, that you may know and understand that the Father is in me, and I in the Father."

I see that the Father and the Son are one but I can’t see this third being.

John 15:1 (New International Version)
"I am the true vine, and my Father is the gardener.

Once again I see the Father and the Son but nothing about a third being.

John 17:20-26 (New International Version)
"My prayer is not for them alone. I pray also for those who will believe in me through their message, that all of them may be one, Father, just as you are in me and I am in you. May they also be in us so that the world may believe that you have sent me. I have given them the glory that you gave me, that they may be one as we are one: I in them and you in me. May they be brought to complete unity to let the world know that you sent me and have loved them even as you have loved me. "Father, I want those you have given me to be with me where I am, and to see my glory, the glory you have given me because you loved me before the creation of the world. "Righteous Father, though the world does not know you, I know you, and they know that you have sent me. I have made you known to them, and will continue to make you known in order that the love you have for me may be in them and that I myself may be in them."

I could go on and on but it should be obvious that our fellowship is with the Father and with His Son, Jesus Christ. There simply isn’t a third being. I’ve got the whole bible to back me up, what do you have? A few scriptures that you misunderstood! And why did you misunderstand them? I’ll tell you, because their spiritually discerned and you didn’t take the time to understand them.  

The Holy Spirit is the Father’s Spirit and not a third being. What will it take for you to believe and repent? Is the truth not right here for all to see? Or do you want to provoke God?
Theory of the Trinity like the Theory of Evolution....nice Theory not proven....

Every Jew from birth is taught...Hear O Israel the Lord thy G*D is ONE

The Jews of Jesus' hometown weren't going to stone him for what he read but because he told them HE was God...

Scripture most used by trinitarians is Matt 28:19 or the one that
ends with "....these 3 are one.. The operative word is ONE else he would have said these 3 are a trinity...which it doesn't

Jesus fulfills the offices of Father...If you have seen me you have seen the Father...He will be called Everlasting Father
Of Son....the only begotten Son of the Father...and yes he created himself in the womb
of the Holy Ghost....which I and the Father will send in MY NAME...the name? Jesus....

The Trinity was a theory changed to a fact by the Roman Catholic Church...It has NO basis in scripture.

For Goy to say that if you don't believe in trinity means you don't believe in God is inidictative of the brashness of youth....
Study the word...The whole bible Od testament and New all confirm the Oneness of God....even Shmelke and Chaim know that...
and by the way Unitarians...as in the Unitarian Church belive in trinity as far as I know....but I will check what exactly the do belive...
I'm not Unitarian....I'm a Oneness Apostolic and also have Jewish roots.

Hear O Israel the Lord thy God is One...There are no gods below me above me I know not any, beside me there is NO SAVIOR...
God is Jesus...PERIOD!!!

Goy of Yeshua,
Believing in the trinity is like believing in predestination or something primitive like the samaritan woman. The question is.... about the trinity
you seem to be focused on bringing names arguments and nothing short of a three fold beating to the election.

<(((((((<
I would apprecaite it if prophet and jack would quit arguing about their unitarian beliefs and teach the doctrine of the son or the Jesus movement. Your bias is similiar to the skirted hymn of a proselytizing messianic jew, Jackie Mason would be proud.
Prophet,

you say:The Trinity was a theory changed to a fact by the Roman Catholic Church...It has NO basis in scripture.
My reputation will soon be red after I face the fact I am not protesting your trinity scriptures. Can Jesus be seen as the trinity at the cross?
Theives 2 and Jesus one not quite. The operative word might be, Father forgive them they know not what they do and into your hands I commit my spirit.

<(((((((<
Jack, your claims have already been well answered at this site.  Your delusion seems to be driven by fear; there is no peace in your words.  You are not fooling those who have trusted Christ.
prophet Wrote:Theory of the Trinity like the Theory of Evolution....nice Theory not proven....

Every Jew from birth is taught...Hear O Israel the Lord thy G*D is ONE

The Jews of Jesus' hometown weren't going to stone him for what he read but because he told them HE was God...

Scripture most used by trinitarians is Matt 28:19 or the one that
ends with "....these 3 are one.. The operative word is ONE else he would have said these 3 are a trinity...which it doesn't

Jesus fulfills the offices of Father...If you have seen me you have seen the Father...He will be called Everlasting Father
Of Son....the only begotten Son of the Father...and yes he created himself in the womb
of the Holy Ghost....which I and the Father will send in MY NAME...the name? Jesus....

The Trinity was a theory changed to a fact by the Roman Catholic Church...It has NO basis in scripture.

For Goy to say that if you don't believe in trinity means you don't believe in God is inidictative of the brashness of youth....
Study the word...The whole bible Od testament and New all confirm the Oneness of God....even Shmelke and Chaim know that...
and by the way Unitarians...as in the Unitarian Church belive in trinity as far as I know....but I will check what exactly the do belive...
I'm not Unitarian....I'm a Oneness Apostolic and also have Jewish roots.

Hear O Israel the Lord thy God is One...There are no gods below me above me I know not any, beside me there is NO SAVIOR...
God is Jesus...PERIOD!!!

What you and Jack are, "prophet", are heretics, and Galatians 1:1-9 has some words for you.
GoyOfY'shua Wrote:Then if they don't believe in the Trinity, they don't believe in Elohim. So, Unitarians can't be Messianic.

What?!  If one doesn't believe in the Trinity one doesn't believe in G-d?!

Elohim is used in a variety of different ways throughout the scriptures.  It can refer to royalty, to someone in high standing.  It is even used for Mosses.  So I guess in your reasoniong Mosses would be the Trinity, eh?

Elohim may appear as plural but it is actually singular.  This is not unique to this word, or even to Hebrew itself.  In many languages we have words that sound/appear plural but are referring to one item/person.  Such as 'glasses'.  I may be referring to my own personal pair, just one pair, but it is till plural.  (Probably because there is two peices of glass, but it is still one unit).  The same goes with Elohim.  It may appear plural but it is referring to just one person.  And when it is used for G-d it is usually used with quantifiers so that people know that G-d is being addressed by this word and not a human.

Christians try to say that the singular verb following Elohim means that it shows the existence of the Trinity.  When in reality it is a singular noun which would naturally have a singular verb.  

Most of the problems come from reading the English translation of Gensis "our image" because of the misleading pluralarity of Elohim.  They think this is the Trinity.  When in the reality it is just referring to G-d.  Singular and eternal.  Existing unto himself without any others.  

If the Trinity truly existed - wouldn't G-d have made this known, instead of hiding it in a word in the Torah?  Wouldn't G-d have at least hinted at this possibility, at least revealing that his spirit is part of this trinity?  Or given prophecies that the Messiah was to be part of the Godhead?  Instead of the existing ones that referr simply to a mortal who is doing God's will on earth.