Bible Options Bible Study Software
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jesus in Psalm 8
The testimony that Jesus the Christ being Messiah the Son of God can be found in both the First Covenant and New Covenant is one pillar of faith that Messiah has come and was risen from the dead, who now sits at the right hand of God his Father.

According to Apostle Paul, Jesus was the one spoken of in Psalm ch. 8.

Apostle Paul says in the book of Hebrews ch. 2 verses 6-9:

But one in a certain place testified, saying, What is man, that you are mindful of him? Or the son of man that you visit him? You made him a little lower than the angels; you crowned him with glory and honor. You have put all things in subjection under his feet.

Psalm ch. 8 verses 4-6, is about Jesus the Christ:

What is man, that you are mindful of him? and the son of man, that you visit him? For you have made him a little lower than the angels, and have crowned him with glory and honor. You made him to have dominion over the works of your hands; you have put all things under his feet:
Good Word my brother Smile

Worthy IS The Lamb of God, His Only begotten Son, our atonement and our glorious light! Amen!
(06-18-2012, 08:19 PM)Allelujah Wrote: Good Word my brother Smile

Thanks!

(06-18-2012, 08:19 PM)Allelujah Wrote: Worthy IS The Lamb of God, His Only begotten Son, our atonement and our glorious light! Amen!

I agree completely !!

God bless you.
(06-15-2012, 03:26 PM)MessianicJew Wrote: The testimony that Jesus the Christ being Messiah the Son of God can be found in both the First Covenant and New Covenant is one pillar of faith that Messiah has come and was risen from the dead, who now sits at the right hand of God his Father.

According to Apostle Paul, Jesus was the one spoken of in Psalm ch. 8.

Apostle Paul says in the book of Hebrews ch. 2 verses 6-9:

But one in a certain place testified, saying, What is man, that you are mindful of him? Or the son of man that you visit him? You made him a little lower than the angels; you crowned him with glory and honor. You have put all things in subjection under his feet.

Psalm ch. 8 verses 4-6, is about Jesus the Christ:

What is man, that you are mindful of him? and the son of man, that you visit him? For you have made him a little lower than the angels, and have crowned him with glory and honor. You made him to have dominion over the works of your hands; you have put all things under his feet:
Psalm 8 speaks of mankind, Gen 1:26,28. Even the NIV translates it this way:

5: You have made themd a little lower than the angels

and crowned themf with glory and honor.

6: You made them rulers over the works of your hands;

you put everything under their feet:

7: all flocks and herds,

and the animals of the wild,

8 the birds in the sky,

and the fish in the sea,

all that swim the paths of the seas.
(09-16-2013, 11:08 PM)Nachshon Wrote: Psalm 8 speaks of mankind, Gen 1:26,28. Even the NIV translates it this way:
Your correct; Psalm 8 is a song unto Hashem for the marvelous creation on man; that Creation made with free will, and authority over the life of this world. But to say this psalm is not about Jesus is absolutely incorrect.

All these things shall be set eternally with those who believe that Yeshua gave atonement by His Innocent and sinless life; that the bonds of death will no longer hold us, that we are not cut off from the tree of eternal life; that we may become the mirror Image of YHVH; Created in Hashems Image.

Nachshon says this isn't about Jesus , it's about man, Jesus was a man, and Meshiach of Israel.

Where is the sacrifice YHVH promised to Abraham that He would supply the Lamb of sacrifice,[Genesis 22:8]in place of Abrahams son Isaac, who would become Israel.? If not for Hashems Son Yeshua in place of Isaac, there would be no mankind to sing about, and especially Israel.

Truth is Truth; Yeshua is Meshiach for mankind, no matter what men say.
(09-19-2013, 05:37 AM)Azriel Wrote:
(09-16-2013, 11:08 PM)Nachshon Wrote: Psalm 8 speaks of mankind, Gen 1:26,28. Even the NIV translates it this way:
Your correct; Psalm 8 is a song unto Hashem for the marvelous creation on man; that Creation made with free will, and authority over the life of this world. But to say this psalm is not about Jesus is absolutely incorrect.
In a generic sense, since JC is only a man, yes this Psalm can apply to him. but, the Psalm does not speak of messiah. So, let's keep the comments in context, please.
(09-21-2013, 08:46 PM)Nachshon Wrote: In a generic sense, since JC is only a man, yes this Psalm can apply to him. but, the Psalm does not speak of messiah. So, let's keep the comments in context, please.

Nn, you can't say Jesus wasn't born of a virgin, you weren't there.

That is just your belief. Jesus said he was spoken of in the Psalms.

So this is my belief you're just sharing your belief. And you don't keep context with your belief about Psalm 51 which you claim is when HaShem rebuilds Jerusalem. Psalm 51 doesn't say that directly. So you're being a hypocrite.
(09-29-2013, 01:31 PM)MessianicJew Wrote:
(09-21-2013, 08:46 PM)Nachshon Wrote: In a generic sense, since JC is only a man, yes this Psalm can apply to him. but, the Psalm does not speak of messiah. So, let's keep the comments in context, please.

So this is my belief you're just sharing your belief. And you don't keep context with your belief about Psalm 51 which you claim is when HaShem rebuilds Jerusalem. Psalm 51 doesn't say that directly. So you're being a hypocrite.
MJ attacks and gets personal when he can't defend his point of view.

You can't say JC was born of a virgin, you weren't there. But the Tanakh and the NT accounts prove he wasn't born from a virgin. Please see the thread "Yeshua, the virgin birth, and Isa 7:14".

Psalm 8 doesn't speak of a virgin birth so your point is irrelevant.

Psalm 51:18-19

18 May it please you to prosper Zion,
to build up the walls of Jerusalem.
19 Then you will delight in the sacrifices of the righteous,
in burnt offerings offered whole;
then bulls will be offered on your altar.

A comparison with the NIV shows the word "rebuild" is used for "build" in verse 18, as in Josh 6:26 for the building/rebuilding of Jericho. So, I think this supports my contention that the temple will be rebuilt when Hashem wants it, just like Mashiach will come when He is ready, and the messianic kingdom and world.

H1129 (Brown-Driver-Briggs' Hebrew Definitions)
- Original: בּנה
- Transliteration: Banah
- Phonetic: baw-naw'
- Definition:
1. to build, rebuild, establish, cause to continue
a. (Qal)
1. to build, rebuild
2. to build a house (ie, establish a family)
b. (Niphal)
1. to be built
2. to be rebuilt
3. established (of restored exiles) (fig.)
4. established (made permanent)
5. to be built up (of childless wife becoming the mother of a family through the children of a concubine)
(09-30-2013, 09:15 PM)Nachshon Wrote:

when HaShem rebuilds Jerusalem

Those words are not found in what you yourself cited!
(10-03-2013, 06:15 PM)MessianicJew Wrote:
(09-30-2013, 09:15 PM)Nachshon Wrote:

when HaShem rebuilds Jerusalem

Those words are not found in what you yourself cited!
I think I showed you that boneh can be understood as build or rebuild.

Psalm 51:18 [NLT] Look with favor on Zion and help her; rebuild the walls of Jerusalem.

I mistakenly referred to the NIV instead of the NLT. For someone who relies on english translations, you should have had access to the variations and known what I was saying is true.