Bible Options Bible Study Software
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jesus in Psalm 91
~Psalm 91~v.11-12
11 For he shall give his angels charge over you, to keep you in all your ways.

They shall bear you up in their hands, lest you dash your foot against a stone.

~Matthew 4~v.5-6

Then the devil took him up into the holy city, and set him on a pinnacle of the temple, And said to him, If you be the Son of God, cast yourself down: for it is written, He shall give his angels charge concerning you: and in their hands they shall bear you up, lest at any time you dash your foot against a stone.

Luke 24:44
And he said to them, These are the words which I spoke to you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the psalms, concerning me.
(07-17-2012, 09:29 AM)MessianicJew Wrote: ~Psalm 91~v.11-12
11 For he shall give his angels charge over you, to keep you in all your ways.

They shall bear you up in their hands, lest you dash your foot against a stone.

~Matthew 4~v.5-6

Then the devil took him up into the holy city, and set him on a pinnacle of the temple, And said to him, If you be the Son of God, cast yourself down: for it is written, He shall give his angels charge concerning you: and in their hands they shall bear you up, lest at any time you dash your foot against a stone.

Luke 24:44
And he said to them, These are the words which I spoke to you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the psalms, concerning me.
This Psalm 91 sounds like it is talking about King David, who was delivered various times in his life. Why do you think it is talking abou JC?
(09-16-2013, 10:59 PM)Nachshon Wrote: This Psalm 91 sounds like it is talking about King David, who was delivered various times in his life. Why do you think it is talking abou JC?

Nn,

Because Jesus Christ never dashed his foot against a stone. Unfortunately for King David, he coveted another mans wife, killed Urias and then took his wife all in one sweep.

Jesus never committed sin.
(09-18-2013, 08:58 PM)MessianicJew Wrote:
(09-16-2013, 10:59 PM)Nachshon Wrote: This Psalm 91 sounds like it is talking about King David, who was delivered various times in his life. Why do you think it is talking abou JC?

Nn,

Because Jesus Christ never dashed his foot against a stone. Unfortunately for King David, he coveted another mans wife, killed Urias and then took his wife all in one sweep.

Jesus never committed sin.
Sounds like David was the subject of Psalm 91. 1 Kings 3:6 says David was righteous. We all sin, even JC, Eccl 7:20.

And JC needed cleansing with the "waters for purification of sin", Numbers 19:9, required for those who contact the dead like JC did. Please read the thread "Yeshua and the Red Heifer".
(09-21-2013, 09:11 PM)Nachshon Wrote: Sounds like David was the subject of Psalm 91. 1 Kings 3:6 says David was righteous. We all sin, even JC, Eccl 7:20.

Sounds like this sounds like that, you just add what you want. That is what you believe. Just like you tried to say that Psalm 51:20. With Your will, do good to Zion; build the walls of Jerusalem.

Actually means "when Hashem will rebuild", it says no such thing.
(09-29-2013, 01:25 PM)MessianicJew Wrote:
(09-21-2013, 09:11 PM)Nachshon Wrote: Sounds like David was the subject of Psalm 91. 1 Kings 3:6 says David was righteous. We all sin, even JC, Eccl 7:20.

Sounds like this sounds like that, you just add what you want. That is what you believe. Just like you tried to say that Psalm 51:20. With Your will, do good to Zion; build the walls of Jerusalem.

Actually means "when Hashem will rebuild", it says no such thing.
Sounds like you don't have a retort. Please look at the NLT version of this passages to see if my understanding is out of line or not.