Bible Options Bible Study Software
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Messiahs' genealogy?
It is well known that the Messiah traces back through to Jesse. Yet what individual today or in the future could lay claim to genealogy of this type? None. That is one reason I believe Christ is Messiah, because at this time there would still be enough history so that one could effectively trace lineage. This circumstance and possibility does not exist today.

The only way one could try to claim this genealogy would be through counterfeit, lies, and deceit, is it any wonder he is called the anti-Christ?
By Faith, Jesus's Genealogy, is the Genealogy of anyone who will believe.
By Righteousness, the Works of Jesus's genealogy, are the Works of anyone who will believe.
By Peace, the Honour of Jesus's genealogy, is the Honour of anyone who will believe.

This Life is not a Mystery, to the Lord. What He did, He did for all mankind.

Peace, Faith, Righteousness: does a Man need less, to do as God has called him to do?

You say Rightly, I can believe no other Man, on his own, than Christ; how much more then will you believe when you see other Men, with Christ, having His Genealogy, His Works and His Honour - for Christ is God with Us!
God warned us of paying too much attention to Geneology. In Luke it describes Joseph's lineage. Jesus was not The son of Joseph---He was born of the Holy Spirit (God Himself in the flesh) by immaculate conception. He was the adopted son of Joseph wasn't he? Mary was already pregnant by God when she married Joseph.
(08-04-2012, 08:27 AM)sheila Wrote: God warned us of paying too much attention to Geneology. In Luke it describes Joseph's lineage. Jesus was not The son of Joseph---He was born of the Holy Spirit (God Himself in the flesh) by immaculate conception. He was the adopted son of Joseph wasn't he? Mary was already pregnant by God when she married Joseph.

Where is the warning? Genealogy is very important, where does it say don't pay too much attention to it? And I would say that indeed Joseph was not the biological Dad of Christ. I would necessarily say adopted, Mary never gave Christ up. But perhaps in the sense that you mean.
Right here:

Tts 3:9 ¶ But avoid foolish questions, and genealogies, and contentions, and strivings about the law; for they are unprofitable and vain.

and

1Ti 1:4 Neither give heed to fables and endless genealogies, which minister questions, rather than godly edifying which is in faith: [so do].
(09-13-2012, 05:44 PM)prophet Wrote: Right here:

Tts 3:9 ¶ But avoid foolish questions, and genealogies, and contentions, and strivings about the law; for they are unprofitable and vain.

and

1Ti 1:4 Neither give heed to fables and endless genealogies, which minister questions, rather than godly edifying which is in faith: [so do].

One, this was to Christians arguing amongst each other. My thread isn't an argument, it is toward the non-Jesus-believing-Jew.

Also, Genealogy is given in the book of Matthew and other Apostles for a reason. They didn't do it out of argument, and neither am I.

Three, Prophet, you're claiming that the Trinity forums you post in are not Contentions! Please, you've called me a Pharisee. You're another contradiction "Oh these apply to you, but never me." type of Christian.
The Geneology in Matthew was given to show the line from Abraham to Yeshua...
but as you may or may not have noticed on this forum there are those who argue about geneologies which is what Timothy was writing against.

You're another contradiction "Oh these apply to you, but never me." type of Christian.

What are you blabbering about now?

as to the other...I apologised...if you didn't accept it then you are no Christian .
Its written :forgive us our trespasses as you forgive others

(09-18-2012, 02:12 PM)prophet Wrote: there are those who argue about geneologies which is what Timothy was writing against.

Yes I know, and arguing is what I'm not doing, as I'm speaking to the non-Jesus-believing Jew. Not to fellow Christians.

(09-18-2012, 02:12 PM)prophet Wrote: What are you blabbering about now?

That the same ones who are telling me I'm arguing, themselves contend on here too. So they're arguing over other things, maybe not genealogies, but they contend.

(09-18-2012, 02:12 PM)prophet Wrote: as to the other...I apologised...if you didn't accept it then you are no Christian .
Its written :forgive us our trespasses as you forgive others

ok.
There is no such thing as a Christian, there are only Israelites and Heathens.

To say one is Christian is to say one is Christ-Like and we ALL fall so short of the mark, especially at this time, that it would do one a lot of good for themselves, if they would just admit that they practice Christianity.

And most certainly NOT religious Christianity, as these have to be the worst of the stone casters; but rather the Christianity that Our Father YAHAVEH spoke to and was written through Moses & The Prophets, or The Torah.

Thats why the rich man was denied to send a messenger back to his brethern on earth, to warn them of the reality of hell; he was told, and we are told through this example, that they have Moses & The Prophets already, let them hear them, just as we should to.

Praise be to YAHAVEH

Judah be to YAHAVEH'S Savior

Jesus The Christ/ Yeshua Messiah
[quote='FigLeaf' pid='83809' dateline='1355585263']
[size=medium]There is no such thing as a Christian, there are only Israelites and Heathens.

"And the disciples were first called Christians in Antioch." -- Acts 11:26