Bible Options Bible Study Software
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Reason to Believe/Christ, Elijah and John
God wanted ALL to believe and know that there is only ONE God who is all things and all life with only one name by which to be called. He came in the flesh to let ALL know this. The reason that Christ is God is to let us know that God is Love. Jesus gave us love even when we crucified Him--He loved us. God set up the devil and his, BY HIS LOVE. You have to love to know that God is all things and can be whomever and whatever He chooses to be. He is in us and allows us our own self/soul/intelligence--He could overtake this, but enjoys and loves us. Will He split the sky so that every eye will see Him and His return? He said so--so that even the doubtful will know the truth--But He's already done this once and yet we still disbelieve. To blaspheme the Holy Spirit is to deny His Love (Yeshua) Do you deny that Jesus showed a sinless and pure love?--THAT is the question. Only God is pure sinless love.
P.S.--All will pay for their sins--He didn't even spare His greatest prophet did He? Elijah was taken to heaven alive--God promised his return before the Messiah------Genesis 9:6, Malachi 4:5
Was Elijah also John the Baptist?--Elijah had 450 prophets of Baal beheaded. John the Baptist was beheaded. Was the punishment done like this to let us know who John the Baptist was and not for the old eye for an eye? God is always faithful to His word--Elijah had to be killed by man, or forgiven by man. Any sin could have been forgiven with the coming of Christ(Saviour). Did Elijah choose to die for the truth to be revealed? Maybe so. Is this how some are predestined and chosen to bring forth His kingdom?
MALACHI 4:2--BUT UNTO YOU THAT FEAR MY NAME SHALL THE *SUN* OF RIGHTEOUSNESS ARISE WITH HEALING IN HIS WINGS; AND YE SHALL GO FORTH, AND GROW UP AS CALVES OF THE STALL.
I found this.
Matthew 17:12--But I say unto you, That Elias is come already, and they knew him not, but have done unto him whatsoever they listed. Likewise shall also the Son of man suffer.
Does anyone believe that John the Baptist was Elias?
Yeshua Bless You
To call Elias the same person as John the Baptist is as silly as the so-called Christians (lost Isralites) that say Christ/Messiah is The Father.

Though Christ/Messiah is fully representitive of Our Father YAHAVEH, in Word, Will & Spirit; Power & Force & Might is a different story.

An Isralite KNOWS that ALL things (and that includes intelectual gifts or educational tools) come from The Father, in & through The Sun/Son. We also Know that this Earth is here because of That Light, plain as Day.

We also Know that Our Father stated that He created THIS Earth to be inhabited FOREVER, He does Not lie & He does Not back down or move out of the way for some dimwit like Satan/Death.

THIS Earth (terra-firma, erruts) WILL be cleansed and purified, ALL space junk included in His time, as its only in the bull___ oops i mean English language that it says a New Earth: the original languages clearly state a Re-Juvinated Heaven & Earth.

Though Christ/Messiah is the Plan of Savation of the 1st Day of creation, that plan does have an end; REV: 20 near the end of verse 9 / and Fire came down from heaven etc...then Our Father returns, AFTER The Lord's Day of Reckoning & Teaching in the Spirit.

ALWAYS & FOREVER, NEVER forget The Pillar of Fire that comes down to the Mercy Seat that Christ/Messiah sits upon.

Praise be to YAHAVEH
Judah be to YAHAVEH'S Saviour/Christ/Messiah
Hi Sheila,
You probably know Eliyahu (Elijah) represents the prophets and is known as the forerunner of Mashiach (Mal.4:5 & Matt.17:11). He was transfigured like others in scripture. Those that are transfigured are exspected to return in some form to our physical realm. We even keep an empty seat at the seder table (the seat of Elijah) representing his return. Rabbinic commentaries say Phinehas (Pinchas /Phineas) and Elijah were one in the same (son of Korah did not die). Lk.1:11-17 says Yochanan came in the spirit of Eliyahu. Yochanan was the forerunner of Messiah (Ben Yoseph) as to the 1st advent.
Is all this saying he was Elijah (i dont think so), or that he came in the character of Elijah?
Matt.3:1-3 In those days came John the Baptist, preaching in the wilderness of Judaea, And saying, Repent ye: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.For this is he that was spoken of by the prophet Esaias, saying, The voice of one crying in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the Lord, make his paths straight.
Matt.11:12-15 And from the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffereth violence, and the violent take it by force. For all the prophets and the law prophesied until John. And if ye will receive it, this is Elijah, which was for to come. He that hath ears to hear, let him hear.

IT wasnt recieved, John wasnt recieved (they chopped his head off), Messiah wasnt recieved we crusified him. The role of Elijah (1 olive tree IMV)wasnt completed (Mal.4:5) at first advent. John confessed Yeshua was Messiah but asked about the complete fulfillment of Messiah (in one advent or 2)Matt.11:3-6.

John Answered This Himself
Jn.1:21-23 And they asked him, What then? Art thou Elijah? And he saith, I am not. Art thou that prophet? (like unto Moshe) And he answered, No. Then said they unto him, Who art thou? that we may give an answer to them that sent us. What sayest thou of thyself? He said, I am the voice of one crying in the wilderness, Make straight the way of the Lord, as said the prophet Isaiah
I believe in Jesus/Yeshua because it's undeniable that NO ONE ELSE ever associated with, or coming from, Bnai Israel, brought more souls to G-d than did He.

2,000 years after His story first became known to the world, that is still the case.

That, in and of itself, is substantial proof.
(01-23-2013, 07:44 AM)sheila Wrote: I found this.
Matthew 17:12--But I say unto you, That Elias is come already, and they knew him not, but have done unto him whatsoever they listed. Likewise shall also the Son of man suffer.
Does anyone believe that John the Baptist was Elias?
Yeshua Bless You

I think that John the Baptist was Elias in the aspect of his ministry to call the Jews to repentance. In Matthew 3, John clearly set himself apart from the rabbinical schools of throught, including the Pharisees. Throughout the rest of the book, it becomes clear that the Pharisees are the main obstacle to bringing the reformation of Judaism. Not only that, but John the Baptists even declared that the axe was already at the tree, meaning that judgment of the Jewish Nation was at hand and that God was about to destroy Jerusalem and the temple.

In this aspect, John was calling the Jews to repent from rabbinical Judaism and follow Jesus, a reformer of Jewish thought and religion. As Revelation 2's message to Thyatira indicated, the rabbinical schools had become Jezebel and were persecuting the faithful, whom were evidently the Jews that followed Jesus. As it the books of Matthew, Acts, and Revelations indicate, the rabbinical Jews became the main opponent and chief persecutor of the disciples of Jesus in the first century; kicking off a bitter rivalry that would not quiet down until the Jews went to war with Rome.